Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

Great article as per usual D'Art and bang on.

You're pissing in the wind with some of the 'fans' on here though.

The deflect and deny modus operandi that has been so very successful for the F*nian f*ckers over the years seems to be being employed by certain posters on here sadly.

"let's talk about the inequality" gets a response of "Let's talk about what our OWN fans were singing" Un-bastard-believable

Defending our traditions from the relentless attacks by the mhedia has to be a priority and i for one applaud your stance.

The reason we have inequality is because of what our fans are singing.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deflect and deny modus operandi that has been so very successful for the F*nian f*ckers over the years seems to be being employed by certain posters on here sadly.

"let's talk about the inequality" gets a response of "Let's talk about what our OWN fans were singing" Un-bastard-believable

Defending our traditions from the relentless attacks by the mhedia has to be a priority and i for one applaud your stance.

Bolton that is why we have a divided support as some fans just want to appease the dark side.

Im all about defending our traditions, but the attack is hardly "relentless".

I also applaud D'Art's stance.

Cheers BL

I cant for the life of me understand the unwillingness to defend our own. I dont even mean to excuse that which is unacceptable - but at least could we have some parity when it comes to reporting such incidents.

I was just about to post my support for some of what TWB was saying, but that one sentence summed it up for me. We should be defending our club, and we should be pointing out the disproportionate amount of negative press we receive while also tackling some of the unsavoury aspects of our own support.

I do suspect however that no matter how "white" we are there will be elements of the Scottish media who will still report negatively on our club.

Tell me TWB...a simple response...why does the inequality not fall the other way because of what they are singing ?

Because we are the easier target. It's only a small percentage of Celtic fans who sing about the I.R.A in the stadiums nowadays although a lot more sing the 'political' songs which can be argued as sectarian...but we wont get a proper debate on it until the spotlight falls on them.

Cheers BL

I cant for the life of me understand the unwillingness to defend our own. I dont even mean to excuse that which is unacceptable - but at least could we have some parity when it comes to reporting such incidents.

I was just about to post my support for some of what TWB was saying, but that one sentence summed it up for me. We should be defending our club, and we should be pointing out the disproportionate amount of negative press we receive while also tackling some of the unsavoury aspects of our own support.

I do suspect however that no matter how "white" we are there will be elements of the Scottish media who will still report negatively on our club.

D'Artagnan is right about that - we do need parity when it comes to reporting issues such as this

As an ex-pat Bear... No one here (Canada) really cares about singing anything 'untoward' -- the history isn't there. I presume the same is true in OZ. The people there couldn't give a toss IF at a Rangers match -- a foreign team -- the support sing -- eh? The Billy Boys?

Sing what you want outside of the UK/Europe. No one cares. (But perhaps free speech is far more cherished? It would appear so.)

The point is.. Traynor -- as D'Art says -- is not providing a balanced approach. No matter what the subject, balance is key to integrity.

Clearly, The Rangers support is not treated with this kind of respect. This is a basic journalistic failing for Traynor and his ilk.

I will say... In Australia, Canada, sing what you want.. Basically no one understands -- and basically free speech trumps all. Sadly, the EU has failed (was it section '13' of the EU constitution?) that deals with free speech when it comes to The Rangers support. (There is a provision in there somewhere...)

It is a massive problem. I am not one to get involved in these debates.. but there is a quite clear bias.

but we wont get a proper debate on it until the spotlight falls on them.

We will never see the spotlight fall on "them" 100%, we live in a backward society.

Scottish Media? hahah.. don't make me laugh, there all tramps.

Because we are the easier target. It's only a small percentage of Celtic fans who sing about the I.R.A in the stadiums nowadays although a lot more sing the 'political' songs which can be argued as sectarian...but we wont get a proper debate on it until the spotlight falls on them.

Thank you.

Why are we the "easier target" ?

Because we refuse to defend ourselves.

Tell me TWB...a simple response...why does the inequality not fall the other way because of what they are singing ?

Are you being fecking serious here???

Thank you.

Also because our 'naughty' songs are far more audible than theirs are.

Thank you.

Game,Set and Match.

Brilliant post Dartagnan.Agree with everything you say if only murray and the rest would pull there head out of there ass and stick up for the club maybe the scum in the media wouldnt be so quick to print there lies and fairy stories.

Yes, which part do you feel is innacurate?

Absolute horseshit. Their are countless incidences of those kiddy-fiddling c*nts lot being guilty of arrests, sectarian singing, pro-terrorist singing and a whole catalogue of other offences, but they are never reported in the same or more importantly on a level par with the way our fans misdemeanours are.

Inequality is endemic in the Scottish mhedia, both against RFC and it's supporters and in the broader aspects of PUL activity.

Until the mhedia accept this and are willing to change their constant vilification of RFC and it's supporters, then as far as i'm concerned they can reap what they sow.

I sing TBB, as i previously have posted. I sang it in front of a train full of Police and you know what they did? F*ck all.

Possibly because they weren't aware of it's purported connotations, but perhaps because they weren't Scottish, perhaps because they hadn't been TOLD by the mhedia and taig-infested government departments that now run Scotland that they had to come down like a ton of bricks on anything Rangers/Protestant related.

With great power comes great responsibilty (or summat like that). At some point, someone in power must be held responsible for the blatant hypocrisy and sickening inequality that exists within the Scottish mhedia. C*NTS.

this says enough

2zgvngi.jpg

You need to take a long hard look at yourself.

this says enough

2zgvngi.jpg

You need to take a long hard look at yourself.

That wasn't selective at all

That wasn't selective at all

TWB ...quite simply you are better than that. I know it and you know it.

Thats comment was as bad as to paraphrase...we sing louder than them so we get in the poo.

Time for bed TWB...tomorrow is another day. :blush:

Imo and i am not being biased here but there is a far bigger percentage of the celtic fans who sing sectarian songs than us at away games

The trouble is, it's ONE song that gets brought up more than any other, TBB.

Them F*nian c*nts cried about it for so often to their taig whoremasters at UEFA that it was inevitable they would get it banned. They knew once it was banned then they could carry on bleating (if we sung it) or laugh their tits off at us because we'd been forced to comply or suffer the consequences.

Yet they have a whole songbook of charming ditties, covered by such quaint terminology as 'folk' 'traditional' or 'offensive but not sectarian'.

Very selective and very recent.

The singing that is clearly heard at every away game they play at is not selective, and it is neither the minority that are doing it.

To even suggest that it is the minority or mention 'argument' on the basis of being political is nothing better than what we are reading in the press. But that's our fault.......