Crime of the century ?

D'Artagnan

The lines about the U.V.F/Y.C.V

Are you for real. ?

Perhaps as such an afficiando of context you should familiarise yourself with such regarding these songs.

I'm sure the fans belting out the songs are concerned with the context as well.

It is an insult to the original Ulster Volunteers to suggest that the people who sing these songs are doing so in their honour - they are singing about the U.V.F of Gusty Spence.

Look how 'A Fathers Advice' has been bastardised.

Lemme guess the Bobby Sands line :rolleyes:

Yeah, that one.

I can understand your offence at that line, after all Bobby Sands really has to be admired......

I'm not offended - I said the lyrics were bastardised

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lines about the U.V.F/Y.C.V

Are you for real. ?

Perhaps as such an afficiando of context you should familiarise yourself with such regarding these songs.

I'm sure the fans belting out the songs are concerned with the context as well.

It is an insult to the original Ulster Volunteers to suggest that the people who sing these songs are doing so in their honour - they are singing about the U.V.F of Gusty Spence.

Look how 'A Fathers Advice' has been bastardised.

Lemme guess the Bobby Sands line :rolleyes:

Yeah, that one.

I can understand your offence at that line, after all Bobby Sands really has to be admired......

(tu) Definitely

3149tle.jpg

I thought that was a good article, and highlights the obvious lack of equality when it comes to dealing with sectarianism on both halves on the divide. Another example I'd throw in would be when Falkirk hosted Celtic on Rememberance Sunday, and the minute's silence was tarnished with some idiots chanting pro-IRA songs, and the next day, Britney had the gall to praise Celtic for their 'impeccable' observation of the silence.

However, we don't do ourselves any favours by shouting 'F*ck the Pope'. Don't tell me that has anything to do with defending our clubs honour, as it is offensive to every single RC who has served our great club in the past- if anything, it tarnishes the club.

Agreed (tu)

They dont have any relevance to anything anymore - the War is over and these groups are nothing more than glorified criminal gangs and drug dealers

Quite frankly you absolutely disgust me.

You enjoy a freedom which was earned by those young men.

It will always have a relevance.

How do I have a freedom earned by the U.V.F of Gusty Spence (That's who I am talking about NOT the original Ulster Volunteers)?

It is even more disgusting to compare the two.

How do you know what people are singing about, have you asked them.

No, but I am making an educated guess based on the fact the lyrics of 'A Fathers Advice' have been bastardised to include a line about a terrorist from the same era.

A guess!

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. You don't even know what is sectarian, and what isn't, just like the media you have defended.

They dont have any relevance to anything anymore - the War is over and these groups are nothing more than glorified criminal gangs and drug dealers

Quite frankly you absolutely disgust me.

You enjoy a freedom which was earned by those young men.

It will always have a relevance.

How do I have a freedom earned by the U.V.F of Gusty Spence (That's who I am talking about NOT the original Ulster Volunteers)?

It is even more disgusting to compare the two.

How do you know what people are singing about, have you asked them.

No, but I am making an educated guess based on the fact the lyrics of 'A Fathers Advice' have been bastardised to include a line about a terrorist from the same era.

A guess!

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. You don't even know what is sectarian, and what isn't, just like the media you have defended.

I didn't say they were Sectarian but you keep making things up as you see fit (tu)

No-one is going to tell me that the people who sing U.V.F songs at Rangers games are doing so in the honour of the original Ulster Volunteers. To do so, In my opinion, would be an insult to their memory.

I thought that was a good article, and highlights the obvious lack of equality when it comes to dealing with sectarianism on both halves on the divide. Another example I'd throw in would be when Falkirk hosted Celtic on Rememberance Sunday, and the minute's silence was tarnished with some idiots chanting pro-IRA songs, and the next day, Britney had the gall to praise Celtic for their 'impeccable' observation of the silence.

However, we don't do ourselves any favours by shouting 'F*ck the Pope'. Don't tell me that has anything to do with defending our clubs honour, as it is offensive to every single RC who has served our great club in the past- if anything, it tarnishes the club.

Agreed with everything up until now,how do you know they found it offensive? Fuck the Pope is an opinion and one that's popular with the supporters that go to Ibrox week in week out.

The club has a huge Protestant following who happens to detest the leader of the catholic faith,not really surprising tbh.

Chants about the Pope may be offensive to Catholics but what about chants/songs against the Crown? Surely they are offensive to any Anglicans, Reformed Christians, British Citizens and Members of the Armed Forces? If thats the case then the Fields of Athenry is as bad as FTP chants and should be banned from Parkhead - where it is blasted over the tannoy.

What if I was protesting against The Rangers car park being used for the pope visit, would FTP be acceptable then.

Chants about the Pope may be offensive to Catholics but what about chants/songs against the Crown? Surely they are offensive to any Anglicans, Reformed Christians, British Citizens and Members of the Armed Forces? If thats the case then the Fields of Athenry is as bad as FTP chants and should be banned from Parkhead - where it is blasted over the tannoy.

Was just about to say that.

EDIT - Obviously in my own words :D

What if I was protesting against The Rangers car park being used for the pope visit, would FTP be acceptable then.

Yeah, Rangers can't get in bother then.

You'll just be lifted for breach of peace.

but you keep making things up as you see fit

Oh how I laughed at that one.

No need for me to bump I see, looks like the majority have now realised what I did on page 2 about your intentions on this thread.

The fact you have so many septic minded friends twb probably tells the story for us.

Traveling wilbeary :praise:

People like you make me proud to be a bear.

They honestly don't deserve our club some of them

I'm speechless right now.

Not really if you just typed that :)

No need for me to bump I see, looks like the majority have now realised what I did on page 2 about your intentions on this thread.

The fact you have so many septic minded friends twb probably tells the story for us.

My intentions? What were they?

I differ wildly on how I want Rangers to move forward in this particular issue to some posters but that doesn't make me a tim as you seem to be implying.

I differ wildly on how I want Rangers to move forward in this particular issue to some posters but that doesn't make me a tim as you seem to be implying.

Having read the full thread your intentions were then and most certainly are now clear to all, I don't need to explain them on the 13th page.

At no point have I accused you of being a tim, brainwashing springs to mind though....................

On that note though, you have suggested in the thread these 'offensive' songs that drag the club down are clearly heard at Ibrox, how often do you attend? I attend all home games and most of the time I can hear a pin drop so I struggle to understand how you arrive at that opinion.

Having read the full thread your intentions were then and most certainly are now clear to all, I don't need to explain them on the 13th page.

At no point have I accused you of being a tim, brainwashing springs to mind though....................

On that note though, you have suggested in the thread these 'offensive' songs that drag the club down are clearly heard at Ibrox, how often do you attend? I attend all home games and most of the time I can hear a pin drop so I struggle to understand how you arrive at that opinion.

I said you implied I was a tim with this comment 'The fact you have so many septic minded friends twb probably tells the story for us'

I said it was a vocal minority who sing these songs - mostly heard at away games but they pop up at Ibrox when we play Celtic.

So now it's only when we play against septic????????

Are you really that fecking stupid you expect them not to appear against that lot????????

You really have no fecking grasp on reality do you?

Fuck debating with you - I said it was mostly at away games.

Learn to fuckin read.

So now it's only when we play against septic????????

Are you really that fecking stupid you expect them not to appear against that lot????????

You really have no fecking grasp on reality do you?

Fuck debating with you - I said it was mostly at away games.

Learn to fuckin read.

There is singing at Ibrox, dont be ridiculous.

You wrote it ya clown.

No mention of only septic games? I now find it really amusing that you can comment on the away games which are almost all on the telly and the home games against septic...............

Maybe there is something in the denial after all. How many Rangers home games do you attend?