Relevance to Rangers ?

D'Artagnan

It may have relevance to alot of the clubs supporters but it has absolutely nothing to do with the club itself.

No support and The Rangers do not exist. They are wholly inter-dependant. Everything about the supporters has to do with the club and vice versa.

That makes no sense at all, you're trying to tell me that all Rangers fans support the club because of King Billy?

That's not how I understand it. Is he not saying that the support cannot be considered separately from the club?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the O.O. assembled at, or inside (?) Ibrox in days of yore (!) surely means that there was certainly some sort of sympathies, if not more of a

connection...no?

This (tu)

It may have relevance to alot of the clubs supporters but it has absolutely nothing to do with the club itself.

No support and The Rangers do not exist. They are wholly inter-dependant. Everything about the supporters has to do with the club and vice versa.

That makes no sense at all, you're trying to tell me that all Rangers fans support the club because of King Billy?

No. The Rangers were only a gleam in King Billy's eye back in 1690. And whilst I could only take a wild stab at how you arrived at that conclusion, I thought my point could not be clearer.

I'll try again - you cannot divide the interests of the club from the support. Many have tried - probably will again - but all have failed because, ultimately, the club is the support.

I understand what you mean now.

I still think that picture has nothing to do with the actual club though, nowhere in our clubs history will it talk about King William of Orange.

It is only relevant to Protestant fans of this club.

That's not how I understand it. Is he not saying that the support cannot be considered separately from the club?

Yes, I somehow misread it.

nowhere in our clubs history will it talk about King William of Orange.

It is only relevant to Protestant fans of this club.

If that was so, then perhaps someone should have had a word with Murray when he threw Donald Findlay to the wolves.

King Billy is as relevant to Rangers as Rangers is to Glasgow.

Glasgow was always a staunchly Protestant city, so much so, that if you know the history there was a statue of King William (looks more like Ceasar though)erected outside the Tontine Halls Trongate, the home of the City Fathers and the centre of power, it's been now moved to Catherdal.

The City also stood against Prince Charlie the Roman Catholic Pretender

Please don't try and destroy our history and traditions.

No Popery :uk:

Exactly

Lets just face it folks if supporters where to support Rangers purely on a football basis just like them handwringer cunts then Rangers wouldn't have as much support as it has and wouldn't be a world renowned team either.

So King William has just as much a say in Rangers as anything else.

You can't take the soul out of the club.

Lets just face it folks if supporters where to support Rangers purely on a football basis just like them handwringer cunts then Rangers wouldn't have as much support as it has and wouldn't be a world renowned team either.

I doubt he's got much of a say in Rangers these days if he's been dead for over 300 years.

I doubt he's got much of a say in Rangers these days if he's been dead for over 300 years.

I think you just skiped the whole point :rolleyes:

Do you not like King William or something ?

And why do you always wait for me to post then contradict it pedo-stalker.

Just pointing out the obvious, don't get offended.

Just pointing out the obvious, don't get offended.

Kinda ironic that he tends to get more offended about what the supposed 'taigs' on this forum say than a genuine Celtic fan gets offended about some of our songs....

Exactly :lol:

None.

Well you see thats what I dont understand.

1) Are you saying then there is no connection between the club & the fans ?

2) How do equate that with the fact John Ure Primrose (Rangers chairman) shared a platform with Edward Carson to show solidatirty ?

None.

2) How do equate that with the fact John Ure Primrose (Rangers chairman) shared a platform with Edward Carson to show solidatirty ?

I don't think these boys understand how Rangers works lad.

doh

None.

Ok then, please enlighten us.

He'll need a wee while to look over other threads to see if its mentioned anywhere there first before answering you.

Asked as a question - and you know the answer is none - none at all! Most of the idiots on here couldn't even tell you his relevance or his place in history! (I know one or two will but most wont) <BR><BR>SO I repeat - relevance to Rangers - NONE at all.

doh

What the feck doh for ?

doh

What the feck doh for ?

You're saying that we are only a world renowned team because of our protestant history and not because of our footballing achievements.

None.

He'll need a wee while to look over other threads to see if its mentioned anywhere there first before answering you.

I'm not answering a stupid question like his :rolleyes:

If he dosn't know how a football club works he will need to go back to school.

doh

What the feck doh for ?

Aren't you going to answer djw1992 or can't you answer his question ?.

doh

What the feck doh for ?

You're saying that we are only a world renowned team because of our protestant history and not because of our footballing achievements.

Well its played a big part in it so if you think otherwise please explain.

None.

I'm not answering a stupid question like his :rolleyes:

If he dosn't know how a football club works he will need to go back to school.

As far as I know a subject called Rangers F.C wasn't on my schools curriculum.

doh

What the feck doh for ?

Well its played a big part in it so if you think otherwise please explain.

I think you should answer djw1992, that's if you actually know the answer.