I can't be the only one who's glad he's gone..

Creampuff

Ok flecky ill forget his free kick against utd, qots, his volley at thistle, his goal at ibrox v motherwell. What about his goal in auxerre were there defenders shite.

What about hearts, aberdeen, hibs, etc they were the teams put infront of him and he scored the goals ffs what more could he do. Im not going to get involved in heated debates about a man who fucked us about but still im not going to dismiss him like he never done nothing for us

im not saying he done nothing, i told ye, he scored loads against the shite, 1 or 2 goals against decent defenders is hardly good enough is it

a man short when were up against it which under walter is more often than not

no arguments mate, hes not worth it

00000042.gif

sorted mate 21.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Comical thread. The total disregard for his contribution to the Rangers in the last few years is astounding.

His exit is a matter for discussion and heated debate, but some of the comments are really laughable, some of you really need to have a close look at his personal record in his time at Rangers in terms of the so called 'big games', especially under Smith, have a look at how often he was left out before saying he couldn't perform.

That was more down to the system employed than the player.

Yet another instance of proving the 'Keyboard' is king these days.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he scored a lot of goals for us, and quite a few important ones - but will we actually miss Kris Boyd? I'm actually cringing at the prospect of fans fearing we won't sign another striker in his mould. We don't need another striker in his mould.

Boyd scored 25/30 goals a season, but lets be honest, he'd always just smash them past wee teams. Boyd very, very rarely covered himself in glory in the big games, the Old Firm, and The Champion's League. Boyd was a selfish striker, not just in terms of his attitude, but his ability. He couldn't link up, he struggled to hold the ball up, his passing was woeful, and if the chances weren't falling at his feet, he'd be absolutely useless.

I remember every season around October/November time, when Boyd's goals would dry up, and everyone would realise that he's an awful player, and that we play far better football when he's not in the team. When Smith started dropping him, playing someone else up top with Miller - we would see much better football, the ball staying up the opposition's end of the park for more of the game, better link up play and more chances.

Then Boyd comes back in and hits a few goals, but his goals often just papered over the cracks of the harm he was causing the team.

That was when Miller was partnered by the likes of Lafferty, Naismith and others who are under question after a few years here. What would it be like if Miller would find himself partnered up front with a striker the quality of Jelavic?

I wouldn't worry too much about goals next year, because without the onus being on giving the ball to Boyd, they'll flow more than you'll think.

Thanks for your time here Kris, and thanks for the goals. But if you don't want to play for the famous Glasgow Rangers - Then good riddance.

Are you being serious?

We've lost far better players than Kris Boyd over the years. Far far better players. And yet we still continue to dominate Scottish football.

(tu):clap:

Have we lost such players in similar circumstances as to what we are in just now and still managed to dominate Scottish football?

The mind boggles at these comments.

We've lost far better players than Kris Boyd over the years. Far far better players. And yet we still continue to dominate Scottish football.

Have we lost such players in similar circumstances as to what we are in just now and still managed to dominate Scottish football?

It needs to be put into perspective though, Harry.

The standard of Scottish football has rarely been as pish as is it is now, so the loss isn't so great. As for the European stage, he didn't manage to replicate his domestic feats against a higher standard of player. Boyd will be replaced, maybe not immediately, and the club will go on.

The standard of Scottish football has rarely been as pish as is it is now, so the loss isn't so great. As for the European stage, he didn't manage to replicate his domestic feats against a higher standard of player. Boyd will be replaced, maybe not immediately, and the club will go on.

Boyd was never given a fair crack at Europe or in the bigger domestic games over the piece under Smith, his formations never ever suited the game of Boyd, that is not the players fault.

If we sign a replacement that gives us the same goals return in the domestic game as Boyd I will return and say I was wrong. I doubt it will happen, no matter what the state of Scottish football.

The club will always go on, of there is no doubt.

The total disregard for Boyd amongst our support is unbelievable, even before he left.

Boyd was never given a fair crack at Europe or in the bigger domestic games over the piece under Smith, his formations never ever suited the game of Boyd, that is not the players fault.

If we sign a replacement that gives us the same goals return in the domestic game as Boyd I will return and say I was wrong. I doubt it will happen, no matter what the state of Scottish football.

The club will always go on, of there is no doubt.

The total disregard for Boyd amongst our support is unbelievable, even before he left.

If you provide the chances for Boyd in the box he will finish them. His game stops and starts at scoring goals. Managers trying to make him something which he isn't, deserve more criticism than the player himself does.

His goals will be a big loss, but, as ever, we will survive his departure.

;)

In Boyd we had a striker who couldn't even be risked in European matches. Please consider that for a moment, our top scorer, our Number 9, was left out of important matches. Now, tell me, why was that? Did the manager not like him, was he carrying an injury, was he risking suspension?-no, none of those, he was just, simply, not good enough. And yet, this player, who amassed goals against teams who we should be taking victory for granted anyway, is eulogised by many. Tell me, when he played against Celtic, did you ever really expect him to score?-I didn't, and yet he had his chances.

Boyd's whole attitude left a lot to be desired, I was sick of his gestures; he might have been a Rangers player, but his petulant attitude was not of a Rangers player. And look at his decision in the summer- a move to Middlesborough. Has anyone ever seen the attendances at Middlesborough?- it makes you wonder what it must be like when they are in the Championship.

Had I been offered 1 million a year to play for Rangers, or the choice of playing for Middlesborough, there is no choice to be made as far as I'm concerned, but the whole thing summed up Boyd in my opinion- something wrong with his whole attidude to football. I will be interested in how he does there, but wouldn't be surprised if he flopped.

In Boyd we had a striker who couldn't even be risked in European matches. Please consider that for a moment, our top scorer, our Number 9, was left out of important matches. Now, tell me, why was that? Did the manager not like him, was he carrying an injury, was he risking suspension?-no, none of those, he was just, simply, not good enough. And yet, this player, who amassed goals against teams who we should be taking victory for granted anyway, is eulogised by many. Tell me, when he played against Celtic, did you ever really expect him to score?-I didn't, and yet he had his chances.

Boyd's whole attitude left a lot to be desired, I was sick of his gestures; he might have been a Rangers player, but his petulant attitude was not of a Rangers player. And look at his decision in the summer- a move to Middlesborough. Has anyone ever seen the attendances at Middlesborough?- it makes you wonder what it must be like when they are in the Championship.

Had I been offered 1 million a year to play for Rangers, or the choice of playing for Middlesborough, there is no choice to be made as far as I'm concerned, but the whole thing summed up Boyd in my opinion- something wrong with his whole attidude to football. I will be interested in how he does there, but wouldn't be surprised if he flopped.

Something to do with a manager more scared of losing than winning in his team set up?????

Tell me, what would you think of yourself if your manager thought of you well enough to shovel the shite but didn't deem you good enough to do anything more than that?

Would you hang around?

Something to do with a manager more scared of losing than winning in his team set up?????

Tell me, what would you think of yourself if your manager thought of you well enough to shovel the shite but didn't deem you good enough to do anything more than that?

Would you hang around?

Well, if my manager thought that was all I was good for, I would try and improver myself. Like those chances against Celtic with only the keeper to beat, I'd have seen to it that at least one of them went in, if I were a footballer wanting a better deal.

Also, I expect people think this unimportant, but there are instances where Boyd appeared to show a lack of respect for the club. Boyd's attitude was not becoming of a Rangers player. Our club might have its difficulties, but to me, as a club, it is the best in the world- standards should not be compromised, no player is greater than this club, all are expendable, the club comes first.

Would you hang around?

Well, if my manager thought that was all I was good for, I would try and improver myself. Like those chances against Celtic with only the keeper to beat, I'd have seen to it that at least one of them went in, if I were a footballer wanting a better deal.

Also, I expect people think this unimportant, but there is footage of Boyd during the Kai Johannsen minute's silence, and after I saw that a few weeks ago that was it with me. Boyd's attitude was not becoming of a Rangers player. Our club might have its difficulties, but to me, as a club, it is the best in the world- standards should not be compromised, no player is greater than this club, all are expendable, the club comes first.

Stick to FF, RN in disguise??

Regarding the chances against septic, do you honestly think he meant not to score?

Really good point to make.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he scored a lot of goals for us, and quite a few important ones - but will we actually miss Kris Boyd? I'm actually cringing at the prospect of fans fearing we won't sign another striker in his mould. We don't need another striker in his mould.

Boyd scored 25/30 goals a season, but lets be honest, he'd always just smash them past wee teams. Boyd very, very rarely covered himself in glory in the big games, the Old Firm, and The Champion's League. Boyd was a selfish striker, not just in terms of his attitude, but his ability. He couldn't link up, he struggled to hold the ball up, his passing was woeful, and if the chances weren't falling at his feet, he'd be absolutely useless.

I remember every season around October/November time, when Boyd's goals would dry up, and everyone would realise that he's an awful player, and that we play far better football when he's not in the team. When Smith started dropping him, playing someone else up top with Miller - we would see much better football, the ball staying up the opposition's end of the park for more of the game, better link up play and more chances.

Then Boyd comes back in and hits a few goals, but his goals often just papered over the cracks of the harm he was causing the team.

That was when Miller was partnered by the likes of Lafferty, Naismith and others who are under question after a few years here. What would it be like if Miller would find himself partnered up front with a striker the quality of Jelavic?

I wouldn't worry too much about goals next year, because without the onus being on giving the ball to Boyd, they'll flow more than you'll think.

Thanks for your time here Kris, and thanks for the goals. But if you don't want to play for the famous Glasgow Rangers - Then good riddance.

Totally agree i was never really a fan of Boyd yes he scored loads of goals for us but when he wasnt interested he was like a spoilt kid.

this (tu)

Totally agree i was never really a fan of Boyd yes he scored loads of goals for us but when he wasnt interested he was like a spoilt kid.

this (tu)

You do realise what football is about?

Scoring more goals than the opposition team to win??????????????????????????????????????

I would ideally like to have kept him.

But then again, he fucked us about for the whole season and then had the cheek to say that he made the decision to leave in January. And if I remember correctly, he had a fucking dire second half to the season. Which brings up the question, why didn't he just fucking pipe up and give someone else a chance to prove their worth instead of being an immobible waster?

It's all about the money for Kris Boyd, he did win us a lot of points, but he's a pathetic excuse for a Rangers fan if he can't accept a contract worth £1 million per year with the team he 'claims' to support.

Good fucking riddance.

Would you hang around?

Also, I expect people think this unimportant, but there is footage of Boyd during the Kai Johannsen minute's silence, and after I saw that a few weeks ago that was it with me. Boyd's attitude was not becoming of a Rangers player. Our club might have its difficulties, but to me, as a club, it is the best in the world- standards should not be compromised, no player is greater than this club, all are expendable, the club comes first.

Regarding the chances against septic, do you honestly think he meant not to score?

Do I think he meant not to score? I am saying he was not able to do it. He was one on one with Boruc, and had he the talent he would have scored it, he didn't. How many goals did he score at Pittodrie? how many at Tynecastle? how many at Celtic Park? How many in Europe? When you play for Rangers, and you are the top striker, then those are the places to score; McCoist did it, Prso did it, De Boer did it, why not Boyd? Can I suggest he might not be good enough.

What you are saying is that Le Guen was wrong, McLeish was wrong, Smith was wrong, not to play him in crucial matches.

So the record scorer in the spl will not be missed?

He is being slaughtered because he left the club that tried to sell him every transfer window since Walter arrived.The quote, when he joined Middlesborough, that Strachan made him feel he was wanted, is very telling.

He is slaughtered because he did not score in Europe,despite the fact that he rarely started because we set up not to concede and did not play to win games.

Whatever anyone thinks about Boyd, the fact is he scored plenty of goals for us and goals which won us trophies and it amazes me that he got and gets so much abuse.

Would you hang around?

Do I think he meant not to score? I am saying he was not able to do it. He was one on one with Boruc, and had he the talent he would have scored it, he didn't. How many goals did he score at Pittodrie, how many at Tynecastle? how many at Celtic Park? How many in Europe? When you play for Rangers, and you are the top striker, then those are the places to score; McCoist did it, Prso did it, De Boer did it, why not Boyd? Can I suggest he might not be good enough.

What you are saying is that Le Guen was wrong, McLeish was wrong, Smith was wrong, not to play him in crucial matches.

You tell me how many he scored at the piggery? (That shouldn't have been chalked off)

Le Guen played him in Europe, how many games did McLeish have in Europe after signing him and how many did he play a part in?

How many OF games under Smith did he play a part in in Smith's first full season back? How many European games games did he play a part in during the Manchester season?

Have a look at his record before answering.

Are you being serious?

Yes I'm serious, Boyd scored 25/30 goals a season and contributed fuck all else.

Miller scored more than 20, and ran himself into the ground, contributing for Boyd, amongst others.

People need to realise that if you stuck an average striker from the SPL up front for Rangers, and gave him the dedicated service and run of games Boyd got, he'd get 20 goals a season.

I have no qualms about losing him, a luxery we can ill afford.

Are you being serious?

Yes I'm serious, Boyd scored 25/30 goals a season and contributed fuck all else.

Miller scored more than 20, and ran himself into the ground, contributing for Boyd, amongst others.

People need to realise that if you stuck an average striker from the SPL up front for Rangers, and gave him the dedicated service and run of games Boyd got, he'd get 20 goals a season.

Miller did it once. Poor comparison.

Are you being serious?

And Boyd never contributed for Miller??????????????????

There is a massive list of players strikers who never scored anywhere near the amount Boyd scored.

Take a look at your comments, you obviously do not understand even the basics of football.

Would you hang around?

Do I think he meant not to score? I am saying he was not able to do it. He was one on one with Boruc, and had he the talent he would have scored it, he didn't. How many goals did he score at Pittodrie, how many at Tynecastle? how many at Celtic Park? How many in Europe? When you play for Rangers, and you are the top striker, then those are the places to score; McCoist did it, Prso did it, De Boer did it, why not Boyd? Can I suggest he might not be good enough.

You tell me how many he scored at the piggery? (That shouldn't have been chalked off)

Le Guen played him in Europe, how many games did McLeish have in Europe after signing him and how many did he play a part in?

How many OF games under Smith did he play a part in in Smith's first full season back? How many European games games did he play a part in during the Manchester season?

Have a look at his record before answering.

Walter Smith has a surreal Old Firm record.

We got to the UEFA Cup Final in the Manchester season.

Tell me leaving out Boyd was the wrong thing to do.