Fifa 11

MurphyRFC

Played this on Friday and it was fucking brilliant. Game speed is perfect, passing has definitely changed and overall it is just a fantastic improvement.

Any questions about gameplay or whatever and I'll do my best to answer :happy:

dodgey fouls?

Seemed fine to me. Apart from handballs being added back in and quite a lot are given resulting in you giving away free kicks and/or penalties for something that wasn't your fault.

Although there is the option to turn them off or only for outside the box.

Any major changes, with the exception of handballs?

Pace of the game is a lot more realistic making ping pong passing almost impossible especially with lesser teams - first time passes are harder especially if you are trying to pass the ball diagonally behind you or something harder like that.

AI has vastly improved with computer players attempting skills and just being slightly more intelligent. AI defending also seems better and makes it harder to score and therefore more rewarding when you do.

Slide tackles are fucking brilliant. Players will not just slide where they stand - they will genuinely attempt to go for the ball, and will alter their body in any way that makes this easier. Example - twice I saw my defender sort of slide on one knee and just poke the ball away from the striker with the other foot - it looked really good and was extremely effective as he could get up quicker and therefore gain possession of the ball.

The way players control the ball was pretty good too. I played a long diagonal ball with Ashley Cole up to Anelka and he jumped up and brilliantly brought the ball down on his chest perfectly in his path for him to keep running.

Another thing that EA said was in the game and they have delivered is 360 battle for possession. Players will try to barge each other out of their way when chasing a ball. This also applies when the ball is in the air. Example - Cross from the right wing, into Drogba, Drogba gives the defender a slight shoulder nudge leaving him wide open to leap into the air and score a fantastic header. Probably one of my favourite moments whilst playing.

Be A Goalkeeper - Extremely fun, and well worked into the game. Whilst in the arena you can choose to be the attacker or goalkeeper, so obviously I had to try playing in goals. Very easy to control, very fun and can see it being a great addition.

I'm struggling to think of all the major improvements but I just know that it felt totally different and was fucking brilliant :lol:

Any other questions, just ask. But try give me some things to focus on instead of just general changes :P

Played this on Friday and it was fucking brilliant. Game speed is perfect, passing has definitely changed and overall it is just a fantastic improvement.

Any questions about gameplay or whatever and I'll do my best to answer :happy:

The real question here is how did you play it ya lucky cunt. :lol:

Has the passing changed drastically or just slightly ?

can you still ping pong pass with better teams and are the AI keepers any better ?

How do you save with the goalkeeper? Is it the analog button or something?

You can use the right analog stick to dive and there is also a button that automatically makes the keeper dive in the direction the ball is going.

The real question here is how did you play it ya lucky cunt. :lol:

Has the passing changed drastically or just slightly ?

can you still ping pong pass with better teams and are the AI keepers any better ?

I was having a look at the EA Fifa forums and there was a thread saying that Fifa 11 was going on tour in the UK. All you had to do was register for it on the Gamerbase website and then it picked the first 50 people registered for that area, then you just turned up on the day and played :D

The passing feels totally different to me. It's so much easier to underhit or overhit a pass now and if you try to hit a pass at a weird angle it probably wont go where you want it. Ping pong passing is hard even with the bigger teams as first time passing makes it harder to direct the pass in the right direction with the right power and so you end up giving the ball away if you try to first time pass it too much.

AI Keepers have improved IMO. They make better saves and I saw some brilliant double and triple saves. They don't come as far out as they did in past Fifa's and just seemed to be better :lol:

Demo should be out soon and you'll see what I mean.

McCulloch 68 :anguish: :anguish:

I take Newcastle's CMs will be well below that then

Get that fixed, an International who started nearly every game for the Champions , and is good for a goal from DMF

To be honest the overall rating isn't always a true reflection, that's just what he is for his main position. McCulloch will have a higher rating as a defender due to the nature of his attributes (i.e strength, jumping, heading ect)

The players look about right though this year and if anyone plays well then they will go up.

To be honest the overall rating isn't always a true reflection, that's just what he is for his main position. McCulloch will have a higher rating as a defender due to the nature of his attributes (i.e strength, jumping, heading ect)

The players look about right though this year and if anyone plays well then they will go up.

How do you no McCulloch is a 68?

How do you no McCulloch is a 68?

I'm not saying the ratings for anyone but what I will say is that they all look about right for this year. Can't say how I know mate, not going to risk anything by posting it on a forum.

• 3 weeks later...