Check this out - Name the unknown Ranger.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was Kenny Watson i was thinking of!!

I remember Kenny Watson well enough but I don't think that's him in the pic.

I've honestly no idea who that is.

Reminds me of the Legends night I was at earlier this year and all the Old Greats were there.

There was this one guy sitting there and I had to ask Hateley who he was?

Turned out it was Quinton Young (Cutty) who was one of my personal favourites as well.

Felt a right knob. doh

I remember Kenny Watson well enough but I don't think that's him in the pic.

I've honestly no idea who that is.

Reminds me of the Legends night I was at earlier this year and all the Old Greats were there.

There was this one guy sitting there and I had to ask Hateley who he was?

Turned out it was Quinton Young (Cutty) who was one of my personal favourites as well.

Felt a right knob. doh

Pretty sure its Jim Denny.

I would say it's Jim Denny.

An outstanding debut in the Scottish Cup final replay in 1971, deputising for the injured Sandy Jardine. Sadly, in the next of a further 65 appearances, Jim failed to emmulate his initial performance. Described in McElroy's, 'Player by Player' as, "a player of medium height, pace, and ability". I suspect Robert over-egged the pudding.

Had a look at a couple of squad photos from around that time and i def think its Kenny Watson

Kenny Watson?

Looking at it again it could well be him. Do you have a couple of pics you could bang up for us to compare?

Also, does anyone have a Cutty Young pic?

And what about Baxter's car? Is that the John Player Special Capri?

What a machine! :tank:

I would say it's Jim Denny.

An outstanding debut in the Scottish Cup final replay in 1971, deputising for the injured Sandy Jardine. Sadly, in the next of a further 65 appearances, Jim failed to emmulate his initial performance. Described in McElroy's, 'Player by Player' as, "a player of medium height, pace, and ability". I suspect Robert over-egged the pudding.

So that's 3 for Denny.

If memory serves me correctly he was a target for the Boo Boys ( yes, we even had them back then) :anguish:

I'm leaning towards Kenny Watson.