Lee Cattermole

papaguy51

What do we all think of this lad?

Last season I saw some of his games and thought that he could really go on to great things, but two sendings off already this year have brought him back to square one.

I'm amazing that Bruce hasn't went through him in public, or at least dropped him for a while, because his behaviour on the park for the 50 minutes he's managed this year has been appalling.

I think he is a good player but he needs a top class manager in the Walter Smith or SAF mould with the qualitites to put their arm around him and guide him in the right direction.

No point being a good player if he is getting suspended every other week.

Potentially great player IMO.

I seen a fair bit of him at Wigan and the guy has the potential to be a fantastic midfield general. He was one of Englands best players at the Euros last Summer and even though they got humped, he didn't look out of place when they played a German side containing Muller, Ozil & Khedira in the final.

He just needs somebody to rope in his 'enthusiasm' because he is going in for challenges that he has no chance of winning the ball.

I also don't think Bruce made the right call giving him the captaincy either. It's a burden at his age and it's affecting his game as much as anything else IMO.

I think he already is a good player, if he screws the nut he may become a brilliant player. I think giving him the captaincy was the wrong move, but Bruce probably felt he didn't have any other contenders (maybe except for Bramble haha). He's trying too hard to replace Cana in my view and that has translated to him going a bit over the top.

I rate Lee Cattermole, think he's a cracking player with a great attitude - good on the ball, tenacious, strong in the tackle, tactically disciplined, decent passer of a ball... he does however, need to calm it down a bit, and is supposidly a dickhead off the pitch. His record is horrific - 43 yellow cards and 5 red cards (40 and 5 in the EPL). Although I'm a bit suprised Roy Hodgson never took a gamble on him.

Also rate Jordan Henderson. Started a thread on him at the start of last season, fantastic future ahead of him.

I think he already is a good player, if he screws the nut he may become a brilliant player. I think giving him the captaincy was the wrong move, but Bruce probably felt he didn't have any other contenders (maybe except for Bramble haha). He's trying too hard to replace Cana in my view and that has translated to him going a bit over the top.

Was Cattermole given the captaincy full time when Cana left? Or is he just holding it until somebody else is fit?

I know he's been out the team, but I think Michael Turner, or even John Mensah, would be a good choice as captain.

Bruce needs to get that armband off of Cattermole ASAP.

I rate Lee Cattermole, think he's a cracking player with a great attitude - good on the ball, tenacious, strong in the tackle, tactically disciplined, decent passer of a ball... he does however, need to calm it down a bit, and is supposidly a dickhead off the pitch. His record is horrific - 43 yellow cards and 5 red cards (40 and 5 in the EPL). Although I'm a bit suprised Roy Hodgson never took a gamble on him.

Also rate Jordan Henderson. Started a thread on him at the start of last season, fantastic future ahead of him.

Was it his cross that Gyan scored from?

Terrific ball in if it was.

My old flat mate, who as absolute wanker himself used to claim to be best mates with him when he was at Boro and claim he used to take coke with him and party it up so I imagine the part about him being a twat off the park could be true.

I agree with everyone though, that he is potentially a great player. Never rated him until the Euros last summer and he played brilliant all tournament.

Was it his cross that Gyan scored from?

Terrific ball in if it was.

It was mate 00000042.gif

Sunderland have a few decent youngsters coming through, David meyler is fairly decent.

"Was Cattermole given the captaincy full time when Cana left? Or is he just holding it until somebody else is fit?"

Im not sure about that mate. Turner definately captained the team in Cana's absense last season, and it could be that he will be given the armband when he returns. But he will be injured for a while yet. Aside from Mensah I believe they also have Paraguay's captain Da Silva in their ranks, he could be a shout to get it. But we'll see tomorrow who gets it when Cattermole isnt playing.

Cattermole is a player England should really consider, at 22 he'll be around for quite a few tournements while Gareth Barry is getting older and isn't that brilliant anyway.

This (tu)

England, both nationally and at club level, don't seem to have the best record when it comes to taking the plunge when U21 players reach the full squad.

There's an excellent piece about it in World Soccer this month.

Lee is very frustrating, in the 2 home games we have played this season I have seen the best and worst of him. Against Birmingham he elbowed Gary O'Connor in the face and got away with it early on but was then sent off before half-time, he has a short fuse and needs to mature. But then against Manchester City he was arguably our best player as we sneaked the 1-0 win.

He just needs to mature as has already been said, I believe we should take the Captaincy off him.

:praise: Jordan Henderson.