We Are The People

rangerswatp1873

The Lone Ranger and Tonto are walking through the desert when they come across a body with an arrow sticking in it. "The work of the Cherokee," says Tonto looking at the arrow. "How can you tell?" asks the Lone Ranger, "Cherokee use the feather of an eagle." "Ah" says the Lone Ranger.

A little while later they come across another body, again killed by an arrow. "Sioux" says Tonto. "Tell by the feathers?" asks the Lone Ranger. "No. Type of arrow head, Sioux use flint." "Oh" says the Lone Ranger.

Further along, yet another dead body greets them. This time it's covered in dozens of little arrows. "Well, which tribe did this?" asks the Lone Ranger. "Rangers fans" says Tonto decisively. "How can you tell?" asks the Lone Ranger.

Tonto replies "Wee arra people" :lol:

Interested in all the biblical references but was not my understanding

I thought it came form the lines of a famous Rangers song of the 60s which has been converted to the Billy Boys during the 70s.

To the tune of what we all know as the Billy Boys today the chorus was.

A goal, A goal, we're happy to aclaim,

A goal, a goal, to win another game,

50,000 vioice will cheer the whole way through,

WE ARE THE PEOPLE who cheer the boys in blue.

My father worked in the Glasgow shipyards and the explanation I was given way back in the early 1950's was that it was used to designate the Protestant people of Scotland who set the rules and laws of our Country, as opposed to those who arrived from overseas.....Whether that is the true meaning of the phrase, I haven't a fucking clue. :pipe:

Hello All Bears,

On the subject of WATP I have always understood the reference to be biblical as previously stated Ps95V7 (my username)reasoning behind it comes from our Protestant Heritage.

We used to hold Boys Brigade rallies, Orange Order used to hold church parades to Ibrox also if my memory serves me right our programmes in the sixties had on the front or back printed WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

We have always considered ourselves as a cut above the the rest hence We Are The People these are only my thoughts and I have a old single(vynil 45) in the house titled WATP.

The debate will go on and on but the outcome will remain the same WE ARE THE PEOPLE

:clap:

Hello All Bears,

On the subject of WATP I have always understood the reference to be biblical as previously stated Ps95V7 (my username)reasoning behind it comes from our Protestant Heritage.

We used to hold Boys Brigade rallies, Orange Order used to hold church parades to Ibrox also if my memory serves me right our programmes in the sixties had on the front or back printed WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

We have always considered ourselves as a cut above the the rest hence We Are The People these are only my thoughts and I have a old single(vynil 45) in the house titled WATP.

The debate will go on and on but the outcome will remain the same WE ARE THE PEOPLE

:clap:

I thought you were some mad Dutchman that supported PSV :lol:

:blush: