Everton fans want Moyes out

Scott-RFC

I don't get all this "he's taken them as far as he can" talk, especially when it is coming from clubs who are caught between a rock and a hard place i.e Aston Villa, Everton, etc, etc.

These clubs all have a massive history, but at the moment the best they can ever hope for or expect is a European place finish and maybe a cup run each season. What can any replacement possiblly be expected to achieve that their current gaffer(s) can't?

Anything more than that is overachieveing and although anything less is underachieveing it's not uncommon for teams to put together a run of eight/nine games at some point over the thrity eight games which allows them to reach their target.

Sacking them mid season looks even more stupid when the replacement achieves the exact same thing over the next few years and gets lauded for it.

I suppose it's down to the fickle nature of the football fan more than anything else.

Tbf I think other posters have touched on the fact that Everton are never going to be better than they currently are. For the last 5 years they have been consitently the best of the rest. They have finished 5 I think 3 out of the last 4 years I think (something like that), and once finished 4th. But theyare now being overtaken by clubs like Spurs and Man City just through their superior cash reserves. Imo they will never be better than that unless they get taken over Man City style. Sacking Moyes will achieve nothing. He can keep them in the top 7/8 and that will be an achievement in itself.

Overrated manager, who will never manage a big club like Manchester United.

Everton, however, are capable of going on a winning streak.

Don't count him out - when Big Eck was in charge of Motherwell, who would have said that he would have the honour of managing the Rangers, or leading Scotland to arguably their best ever result?

Moyes has done wonders at Everton .. a club in a similar financial state the we are in.

there has been no serious investment in the team for quite a while but yet the fickle support fully expect him to compete with the likes of Man City, Chelsea et al.

If the club falls under the pressure of the fans and get rid of Moyes, then i fear for the clubs EPL standing.

After a manager has been at a club for a while-they are all his players-he signed them.

All this player power gets diluted because the Manager has been there longer than any of the players(which is a problem not many speak about in modern football)

The manager rules & its his way or the highway & it takes 4-5 years for this to happen, minimum.

Any new manager unless a world respected coach would recieve far less respect.

Everton would be mad to get rid of & it wont happen.

Liverpool struggling would normally cheer the everton fans up.

They have too many decent players at the club still but lack a proven goalscoring centre forward

Showing my age but they require a Gary Linekar ,Graham Sharp esk type striker they used to have up front.

Moyes is a good manager and motivator and i,m sure he will have this team back winning soon.