Will Dundee FC Survive ?

andymc10

Unpaid tax bill, failed to pay wages again yesterday and the managment saying players cant afford to come to training cause they have no money. I hope they survive I prefer them to the scummy neighbours seconds accross the road :D 150 fans protested today. This would be the 2nd time going into administration in a few years.

I would be better if both Dundee clubs got together and merged, It's plain to see that Dundee ain't big enough for the both of them anymore.

How is that possible though ? 2 sets of supporters who dont like each others team simply all support the same team. Hearts and Hibs, Killmarnock and Ayr merging just wouldnt see it so how could Dundee & Dundee United. Its the same as hearts and hibs but on a smaller scale.

How is that possible though ? 2 sets of supporters who dont like each others team simply all support the same team. Hearts and Hibs, Killmarnock and Ayr merging just wouldnt see it so how could Dundee & Dundee United. Its the same as hearts and hibs but on a smaller scale.

Dundee and Dundee United don't really hate each other. They have the 1 firm and had a friendly match not so long ago. Couldn't see that happening with any other derby.

I don't know any Dundee fans who like Dundee Utd and I don't know any Dundee Utd fans who like Dundee.

A relative of mine(Arab) was pissing himself laughing that Dundee might be going into administration.

I watched a football rivalries programme about Scotland, and both sets of fans would join forces when either the Oldfirm come to town.

If it was done right with a merger, Dundee could become a bigger challenge to us. Just need to look at some of the Dutch clubs who have done it successfully.

Dundee United fans didnt like the idea it was all the idea of the di steffio(sp) They were meant to be building a new stadium at Caird park but Dundee fans dont like the idea its how would you feel if we had to merge with partick for instance because there club isnt doing well ? Rename Rangers to Rangers Thistle :lol:

A merged dundee team would be no more of a challenge to us than Aberdeen so it would make no difference

If they got backing from the council, and built new facilities. They could lay the foundations for a brighter future. They wouldn't be able to compete with us off the park, but on it, they could. If the merger was done right.

What would a merged Dundee be called?

Back in the day, a team would become a 'United' when teams merged- but if United remained, Dundee fans wouldn't attatch themselves to the new formed club. I can't see them taking the old name of Dundee Hibernians either...

Another issue if the Dundee clubs merged, would they have to apply to join the SFL?

Think it was Dundee City United in 1999 when it was planned.

What would a merged Dundee be called?

Back in the day, a team would become a 'United' when teams merged- but if United remained, Dundee fans wouldn't attatch themselves to the new formed club. I can't see them taking the old name of Dundee Hibernians either...

Another issue if the Dundee clubs merged, would they have to apply to join the SFL?

Both clubs would have to resign then a new team would be formed as far as I'm aware, but a special meeting would have to made with all the clubs as a space would be available in both leagues.

Would the SPL give special dispensation, I don't know. But they must have got the green light the last time it was up for discussion.

Unpaid tax bill, failed to pay wages again yesterday and the managment saying players cant afford to come to training cause they have no money. I hope they survive I prefer them to the scummy neighbours seconds accross the road :D 150 fans protested today. This would be the 2nd time going into administration in a few years.

I hope they fold. I know/knew a Dundee fan, Colin Arnott, and for his sake, I hope they go under.

Bear a grudge Loyal RSC :rip::peanut:

Dundee and Dundee United should have merged years ago.

Fans of the two clubs would eventually come around to supporting the new team if the club were relatively successful.

Dundee City would be a good compromise for the new clubs name if it were to happen but I think it's too late to merge and Dundee will just vanish into the history books like Third Lanark.