Chris Maguire's Goal

andymc10

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He puts himself about, but I've never seen anything from McGuire which suggests he's going to be a player.

A mate of mine who supports Aberdeen has said the exact same thing for about two years now. They were hoping the loan at Killie would do him good, but he's gone back to them and he still isn't close to what people thought he would be three or four years ago.

The only player at Aberdeen who will go on to better things is Fyvie.

ABERDEEN footballer Chris Maguire is being investigated after a vitriolic outburst against Rangers appeared on a website.

The Pittodrie youngster has been hauled in front of club chiefs after comments about the Ibrox side appeared on his Bebo internet page.

The message on Maguire's site branded Rangers "scum", called Barry Ferguson a p**** and Alan Hutton a d***.

Maguire allegedly vowed to "take out" Rangers captain Ferguson. The 18-year-old striker also threatened the same treatment for Gers' and Scotland defender Hutton.

Aberdeen strenuously deny Maguire had any knowledge of these posts on his web page and say hackers are responsible. They say the player claims someone had used his Bebo account.

The threats were made before the fiery clash between the sides at Pittodrie last Sunday during which he angrily clashed with Ferguson.

A message posted on a Rangers-supporting pal's Bebo page on December 20 from Maguire's page read: "We will beat you scum on Sunday. I'll take out that wee p**** Barry Ferguson and that d*** Hutton. Haha."

Maguire and Ferguson clashed during the hotly-contested draw at Pittodrie three days later. The Scotland captain grabbed the Dons' player by the throat after appearing to have been fouled by the youngster.

However, the startled Aberdeen forward didn't live up to his pre-match boasts and refused to react to Ferguson, who escaped punishment for his retaliation.

David Edgar of the Rangers Supporters' Trust described Maguire's comments as sad. He said: "Who exactly is Chris Maguire to say anything about our national team captain and s8million-rated right-back?

"What has he achieved in the game? When he has some medals he can come back and talk to us.

"Let's face it though, he will probably be playing for East Fife and working in Asda in three years.

"It's what you'd expect from an Aberdeen player. Their problem has always been that they are more obsessed with us than they are with themselves."

A Pittodrie spokesman said: "Chris maintains the comments were left by someone else who must have used his Bebo account.

"He is aware any such comments are totally unacceptable and that Aberdeen FC will not accept them."

Maguire is rated one of the most promising young players in Scotland, having made his debut for Aberdeen aged 17. He has since become a regular in the side having made 27 appearances, scoring one goal in the process.

It is also alleged that three weeks ago comments from Maguire's page made reference to Celtic and read: "Alrite m8, Wot s*** is that u have got on ure page???

"And Alan Hutton. He is a p**** and is s****.

"There's only 1 team in scotland m8 and we all know who that is .. champions again this year ..."

SFA chiefs last night admitted the matter is likely to be referred to their general purposes committee with Maguire being investigated for bringing the game into disrepute.

A spokesman said: "The situation will be looked at. It's not for us to say how the situation will develop."

rolleyes.gif

He's from the same area of the town as me and I work with his mum, so my opinions more important than any of you cunt's. :craphead:

Whether you've got any time for him, which I don't, or not, it was an incredible goal. There aren't a lot of players with that sort of vision and accuracy in Scotland.

All in, though, he's bog standard. He can hit a ball and he's shown that before, but he's not a presence on the pitch and, for a striker, isn't a goal scorer. That's why McGhee's sticking him on the wing.

The guy saying he's got a great career ahead of him away from Aberdeen. :lol: :lol:

Also, with the Bebo thing, his mum and dad's windows get put in according to a mate who lives in the same street as them.

Also #2, he's got the biggest fucking lisp I've ever heard.

He's from the same area of the town as me and I work with his mum, so my opinions more important than any of you cunt's. :craphead:

Whether you've got any time for him, which I don't, or not, it was an incredible goal. There aren't a lot of players with that sort of vision and accuracy in Scotland.

All in, though, he's bog standard. He can hit a ball and he's shown that before, but he's not a presence on the pitch and, off for a striker, isn't a goal scorer. That's why McGhee's sticking him on the wing.

The guy saying he's got a great career ahead of him away from Aberdeen. :lol: :lol:

Also, with the Bebo thing, his mum and dad's windows get put in according to a mate who lives in the same street as them.

Also #2, he's got the biggest fucking lisp I've ever heard.

That was me, i think he has.

That was me, i think he has.

Sorry, mate, but you're an atrocious judge of a footballer. Are you one of those people who sees a skills compilation on YouTube or Soccer AM and automatically rates the player?

He's done nothing, mate. Aye, he's scored a couple of great goals, but he's a striker with a scoring rate of around 0.001 per-game and, against us, hasn't offered a single thing. He's not even a gurenteed starter for Aberdeen, despite being around the first team for almost five years.

Trust me, he's nothing special in comparison to Danny Wilson, David Goodwillie and Barry Bannan, for example. Don't let a wonder strike fool you.

Sorry, mate, but you're an atrocious judge of a footballer. Are you one of those people who sees a skills compilation on YouTube or Soccer AM and automatically rates the player?

He's done nothing, mate. Aye, he's scored a couple of great goals, but he's a striker with a scoring rate of around 0.001 per-game and, against us, hasn't offered a single thing. He's not even a gurenteed starter for Aberdeen, despite being around the first team for almost five years.

Trust me, he's nothing special in comparison to Danny Wilson, David Goodwillie and Barry Bannan, for example. Don't let a wonder strike fool you.

Thanks, no i dont watch Soccer AM, i dont watch football on Youtube, so no, that not how i 'rate' my players! lol

You say hes done nothing, then in the next sentence say aye hes scored a couple of great goals, make your mind up!!! You then make up this lie about his scoring ratio and again say hes done nothing against us at all, hasnt offered a single thing, yet HE HAS! lol He has scored against us, im sure more than once too. So forgive me for not taking your "your judgement of a player is atrocious" statement too seriously!! lol

I think its Aberdeens problem that the lad cant get a regulaer game for them, says more about that club than anything to be honest. Hes more than good enough for them.

Nothing to do with his wonder striker, i first noticed him for Kilmarnock, i liked what i saw.

Again, forgive me if i dont "trust" your judgement!

The scariest thing about this discussion is that I think you're being serious.

Each to their own and all that, but a striker who scored a single league goal last season and who, in five years, has netted less than twenty times in all competitions doesn't do it for me.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but you said that you wouldn't mind seeing him at Ibrox? Taking into consideration the above facts? If so, you're a fool.

A wonder goal doesn't change a thing. If you've not heard of him, have a look at David Goodwillie, mate. If you like the look of Maguire, you'll fucking love this boy.

The scariest thing about this discussion is that I think you're being serious.

Each to their own and all that, but a striker who scored a single league goal last season and who, in five years, has netted less than twenty times in all competitions doesn't do it for me.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but you said that you wouldn't mind seeing him at Ibrox? Taking into consideration the above facts? If so, you're a fool.

A wonder goal doesn't change a thing. If you've not heard of him, have a look at David Goodwillie, mate. If you like the look of Maguire, you'll fucking love this boy.

lol

Your talking to me like a dummy, of course im serious. Its only my opinion. 5 years, yet he is still playing for the Under 21's, he must have started pretty young, that tells me he obviously has talent. Only a fool would say otherwise. Yes i would take him to Ibrox, i personally would love to work with that sort of talent. Again, your harping on about this wonder goal, that means very little in this debate, it was just more proof to me that the lad indeed does have talent! I admired his talents long before the other night. Only someone who doesnt follow any football whatsoever would not know who Goodwillie is. I do rate Goodwillie, hes another wee cracker, hes the guy i wanted to partner Maguire against Iceland. Not sure why he was on the bench. Yet the Celtic supporting manager picked 2 tims to play up front.

Sorry, pal, but you're either thireen years-old or full of utter shite. I'm ashamed that I'm involved in such a ridiculous debate, so I'm just going to ignore you now.

Maguire at Ibrox. laugh.gif

Its his raw talent that makes him so good 10310.gif