Madjid Bougherra

wansheet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why there's so much distrust towards Bougherra- he's one of the most loyal players in the team. He knocked down the French champions to stay with us! He's said that he'll only leave for a 'really big club', and I'll trust his judgement on that one. If an Arsenal/Bayern came in for him, then I wouldn't begrudge him a move in the slightest.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy his perfectly timed tackles :D

And Libero runs :P

Will he be down to eighteen months in January?

If he is then we will have to consider our options very carefully.

I always said myself that aslong as we get this season out of him then we will have had 3 great years with him and would be time to cash in while we could still get maybe 4 million for him.

I think we could still get that at the end of the season and it might be best for everyone to cash in.

If he hasnt signed a new deal by Xmas THIS year, we have to sell in January, or else we get to the summer, 1 year left and lose a £10m player for less than half of that, maybe even struggle to get our money back on him!

Its critical he is signed up asap!

Leaving other players deals goto the last year was ok for squad players and players during our turbulent last few years but now we are financially sound and need to tie down our assets. The Thomson and Boyd sagas should be lessons learned, never again should a top scorer and top player leave for a pittance, in KBs case, for FREE, its criminal!

Bougherra, Bain, you know what needs done!

Davis is in same boat too! We need to tie down our main players, long term.

Man from Delmonte claimed that Bougherra, Davis, and Miller would all be leaving last summer

I choose to just ignore any sources now

my source was the cousin of a first team player. i am pretty sure the thought was they would get good offers for him and he would be off. the arse has fell out of the epl transfer market though.

No one has trusted him since the second he put pen to paper :lol: What makes everyone think he wants out so much. Lost count how many times he's said "I'm very happy here." Not saying he'll stay forever, but he's not even been linked with a move in months. He'll be here for a while yet.

No one has trusted him since the second he put pen to paper :lol: What makes everyone think he wants out so much. Lost count how many times he's said "I'm very happy here." Not saying he'll stay forever, but he's not even been linked with a move in months. He'll be here for a while yet.

I totally agree with that.

I've even heard him say 2/3 times on tv/radio interviews that he would be happy to sign a new contract.

I appreciate his performances over the past 3 years would probably mean any new contract would be out of our price range, but I believe him when he says he's happy.

I think he's leaving the first chance he gets. I get the impression he's a bit big-headed and maybe thinks he's too good for us.

He's knocked back Bordeaux, Schalke and Hamburg, if reports are to believed.

He's said he's happy here, but he's also said one day he would like to play in the Premiership with a top club.

I genuinely don't think he would leave to go to Premiership for sake of it. He's a Marseilles fan so either them or one of the top 6 in the EPL would tempt him, he won't move for the sake of it.

Also if you believe Rothen, he said in Jan Rangers tried to force him out for big money in the summer twice and he refused.

I don't know why there's so much distrust towards Bougherra- he's one of the most loyal players in the team. He knocked down the French champions to stay with us! He's said that he'll only leave for a 'really big club', and I'll trust his judgement on that one. If an Arsenal/Bayern came in for him, then I wouldn't begrudge him a move in the slightest.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy his perfectly timed tackles :D

u r 100/100 right my friend and that is what bougie all the time says and i trust him too

I think he's leaving the first chance he gets. I get the impression he's a bit big-headed and maybe thinks he's too good for us.

waw u couldn't be more wrong he loves the Rangers and he made us all love the team

he is all the time talking about the team and the fans

I think the longer he stays the more chance of keeping him but his next contract is likely to be his last high paid contract so he will be very careful.He is 28 now and will be close to 30 when his current contract expires.So in some respects he is a bit like Kenny Miller when it comes to a final deal.I hope he stays because Weir wont be around much longer and we cannot afford to lose 2 Centrebacks.Maybe Madjid will become the new Davie and be around for another 10 years.