Virginmedia Wireless

Jimfanciesthedude

shite

REALLY it is, got it installed today and my computer cannot connect with the wireless router, but its fine when connected with an ethernet cable

checked online and it seems that the router VM use is pure shite and i kid you not, the signal doesnt travel 4 yeard to my PC and wireless dongle, yet the fucking O2 router reached further than that

I sacked Virgin a couple of months ago when my box died, and the difference with Sky is amazing.

I used to work from home and I used to have reset my Virgin router at least once a day because it slowed to a crawl.

I fkn hate Virgin, they're an absolute shitey tinpot company.

shite

REALLY it is, got it installed today and my computer cannot connect with the wireless router, but its fine when connected with an ethernet cable

checked online and it seems that the router VM use is pure shite and i kid you not, the signal doesnt travel 4 yeard to my PC and wireless dongle, yet the fucking O2 router reached further than that

the new Virginmedia HUB is an absolute monstrosity. I work for Radialpoint who have a contract with Virginmedia for their Digital Home Support. And the amount of people we get through because TSC say its working fine and its "something on the computer" causing it to run slow is fucking ridiculous.

the main problem with the HUB is that they set the channel to Auto on the wireless. Set it to 9-11 or something like that until it feels right.

but the full kit in general is a joke. Whats worse is that the engineers are not leaving ethernet cables with the customer so we cant even fix it remotely for fuck sake.....

but as for your comment Jimbo, since i've worked on this contract i've come to realise that it works both ways mate. ALOT of people come from Sky and find Virginmedia to be 100x its just down to whats went wrong and who you deal with mate I think.....

EDIT: Also check your wireless card, if its an Atheros Card right click on it in Device manager and update it.

jama

my wireless on my PC is a netgear usb dongle, and it picks up my O2 broadband wireless fine

but i still cannot get connected to virginmedia

USB Dongles :anguish: - Login to the router as I said above and change the channel. also do what Drewboy said and check out the encryption. try WEP.

I have Virgin Media Wireless and i have no problem.

Quite often, i have the following all using the wireless signal without a problem.

My PS3

My son's PS3

My laptop

My son's laptop

I only run 10mb broadband too.

I phoned Virgin few months ago for a bit of technical help. I got through to a Brit and I was chuffed. He said he was putting me through to another department. Next thing I know I am talking to some Hamiltion ackie who couldn't understand a word I was saying. Cunt.

I phoned Virgin few months ago for a bit of technical help. I got through to a Brit and I was chuffed. He said he was putting me through to another department. Next thing I know I am talking to some Hamiltion ackie who couldn't understand a word I was saying. Cunt.

Their fucking brutal,mate.

Gotta agree, thier customer service is awful !!

Remember when i ordered by wireless broadband, they fucked up the delivery of the router, eventually it came through but because of their fuckups i got my router for £0, so worked out in the end.

I just hang up when this happens.

yup, even worse when they say their name is john smith from edinburgh

naw your no mate, we arent fucking buttoned up the back