Rae to call it a day

Bazza

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...-name_page.html

RAE TO CALL IT A DAY AT GERS

RANGERS midfielder Gavin Rae last night admitted his time is finally up at Ibrox.

The stand-in skipper has revealed that he is now planning a move to England when his contract expires at the end of the season with Nottingham Forest leading the chase for his signature.

The 29-year-old, who has won 11 caps for Scotland, does not expect to be offered a new deal and is ready to leave the SPL.

Rae had two matches as Rangers captain in January following the row between former boss Paul Le Guen and Barry Ferguson, but has recently struggled to hold down a place in Walter Smith's team.

Rae said: "It looks like this is going to be my last season at Rangers. My contract is up at the end of May and I've not been offered anything so I don't think there's any real doubt I'll be moving on.

"The manager has not said anything to me about a new deal so we will see if anything comes up."

Advertisement

The former Dundee player's dream Ibrox move has been ruined by injuries which have limited him to barely 30 appearances over three and a half seasons.

Rae would welcome a fresh start and England looks almost certain to be his next port of call. Rae said: "I think I would give England a go.

"After leaving Rangers there aren't many teams you would like to go to in Scotland.

"It would be difficult. If I got the chance I would probably move to a club in England.

"There are other players who have made a success of a fresh start down there and there are certainly some big clubs.

"If I got the chance to play for one it would be great

We all knew it was comming, but here it is in writing. :)

I thought he was going to be a decent signing..... but yet another player we signed who ended up spending most of his time injured.... can there be a club anywhere who has had even close to the number of long term injuries that we have had :mellow:

Wish him all the best but as DM said... the only way for most players that leave is down....