The foreign refs issue

the brown brogue

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but does anyone else think this could be of huge benefit to us?

All season in the SPL teams have kicked us off the park whilst ours have been booked for invariably their first hard challenge. We've been given far more protection in the champions league games so far, as shown for example by Naismith being the most fouled player in the competition (I think?).

And on the flip side of this, sellick players have been involved in a number of shocking challenges which in any other league would have been a straight red no questions asked.

It would be sweet poetic justice and frankly hilarious if this weekend our players get the same level of protection we've been receiving in europe for a change and the filth get a couple of their cloggers sent off! Just who is left that they could vent their paranoid rantings at?

i would love foreign refs for the rest of the season.

that might be a good idea in principal but who is going to pay for them sure as shit it wont be the spl/sfa it would be the clubs that have to fork out for it and how many could afford the extra costs involved

I'm pretty much in favour of bringing in some recently retired referees from England who are unbiased and fair in their ways for big games...so I think Jeff Winter would be a decent candidate for all the big SPL games for the rest of the season. (tu)

I'm pretty much in favour of bringing in some recently retired referees from England who are unbiased and fair in their ways for big games...so I think Jeff Winter would be a decent candidate for all the big SPL games for the rest of the season. (tu)

:uk:(tu)