Naismith for captain?

Eric_Caldow

anyone apart from lee mcculloch . i cant bear it if hes captain next season . thats guaranteeing him a game every week and i dont think i can handle knowing that there isnt even the slightest chance that when i turn up to watch the rangers he might no t be playing .

i think webster has all the ingredients to be a captain , but his severe lack of playing time for us means he is a definate NO . giving it to shagger may be a little incentive for him to stay on for another year or two , aswell as the fact he has cut out a lot of the stupidity in his life , he might be worth a shout .

personally i would give it to steven davis . not all captains have to be constantly moaning and shouting , being the player to drive the team forward with performances can be just as important . and for me , davis has the ability to do that .

You must have been pissed you typed this?

Surely?

Who better to lead the Gers than our little attacking midfielder Steven Naismith.

For a start:

He never gives in.

He's always pushing forward.

He hates the tims.

He's happy to take one for the team.

He's a moaning-faced cunt just like John Greig, Terry Butcher and Barry Ferguson.

Always gives 100%.

Who else comes close?

I never thought I'd ever say this about the guy but he has shown some exceptional qualities since he became injury free.

......or am I just pished. :craphead:

No chance for me. If big Davie does go I would want it to go to Davis but Walter or Ally would probably give it to big Lee

Between Lee and Davis I would think. If Naismith falls back to his previous form before this season, then he might not make the team. He has improved a lot this year, but let's see a full season from him before thinking about anything else.

Naismith has some maturing to do before I'd consider him captain material. He's been performing well and his heart is in it, but he needs to cut out the constant backchat. It does him and Rangers no favours. If he sorts that out and starts showing more leadership - someone said taking games by the scruff of the neck and I'd agree with that - then maybe in a couple of years.

Not before then though.