Rangers board to release takeover statement

It is now littlealex has uncovered the multimillion pound secret HMRC investigation that Whyte knew nothing about. :(

The whole world and their dog know that Rangers had a tax liability hanging over the sale of the club.

The hearing in October must have had a positive outcome if Murray is now offering a guarantee to potential buyer - he must be pretty sure of winning the case.

But for people to be suggesting it wasn't Rangers issue was a nonsense.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deary fucking me.

The HMRC is a tax bill Rangers will HAVE to pay IF the case is lost.

We may have to pay nothing OR a small penalty or a colossal back dated charge running to millions.

Murray will have to give assurances that he will pick up the tab if it goes tits up.

REGARDLESS.

Can anyone give a definitive answer to what Whyte is actually worth?

Wiping out the debt and putting us on an even keel would undoubtedly be welcome.

Would the club be at the break even stage year upon year without the need to qualify for the CL group stages with the debt interest payments gone?

can you please answer my questions re our summer signings.

and ill answer your questions fully

:D

Youve just broke 60000 30000 T*rrier hearts!!!

(tu)

I wonder if thats how mcgobblegiver cant get his next big piece on Rangers out in the press, must have been more lies from him. He will be devastated!! As most others have said, the tax issue was their last big hope that could send us backwards!

there were 3 possible outcomes

we win - nothing to pay

some sort of fine

or gobble giver's worst case kitchen sink scenario that it would finish Rangers.

But it was and probably still is an issue that was hanging over the sale of the club.

The whole world and their dog know that Rangers had a tax liability hanging over the sale of the club.

The hearing in October must have had a positive outcome if Murray is now offering a guarantee to potential buyer - he must be pretty sure of winning the case.

its a mih issue anything else is nonsense

again ill ask would we have been allowed to spend cash in the sumer on players if it was a rangers issue

The HMRC issue is a statement of fact that has not yet been resolved one way or another.

THe HMRC case is THE issue stopping Rangers being sold - its that clear cut.

You seem confused, littlealex.

there were 3 possible outcomes

we win - nothing to pay

some sort of fine

or gobble giver's worst case kitchen sink scenario that it would finish Rangers.

But it was and probably still is an issue that was hanging over the sale of the club.

AJ seems to think MIH would win the case with ease.

A fine is a fine, can be dealt with, no matter how little or large it is.

Worst case scenario, finish us? :lol: It will take more than a HMRC fine to finish us! Weve been to £80m debt and survived and a £30m debt and survived too. Winning trophies in the process of downsizing and cutting costs is the sweetest thing, believe you me!

I dont believe it has anything to do with the sale of the club, there has been no evidence to suggest it has, just lies from some bitter taigs in the mhedia, of whom i do not believe for obvious reasons.

Alex, you havnt said anything about it and as the whole world knows, we are a club and a fan base open to all, so what team do you support, really? Just be honest with us.

(tu)

can you please answer my questions re our summer signings.

and ill answer your questions fully

From the outside looking in they were maybe "pretty sure" that we would win the case as Johnston says in the article and has always been saying but it wasn't definite.

So in answer to your question they kept the club ticking over within limits - i think we only spent something like £3 million net?

for people on here to be questioning the very question of WHETHER there was a tax bill well...

but to be labelled a fenian sympathiser for asking pertinent questions about ANY potential buyer is really pretty ignorant i would argue.

More shite, it wasn't an issue when Ellis was wanting to lead a consortium to buying Rangers, Ellis failed the Due Diligence when he was investigated as to whether or not he could provide the funds to buy the club.

You're like one of those little terrier dogs yapping away all the time making an incessant noise and you end up just wanting to kick at the thing.

You seem confused, littlealex.

There isn't any confusion.

Rangers were being investigated by HMRC over a tax issue.

MIH lawyers were dealing with it and were confident of winning the case on behalf of Rangers.

A hearing was held in October that is now off until Feb/March.

The confusion is people on here stating that the bill was to MIH IF the case was lost - that was TOTALLY and UTTERLY wrong.

MIH lawyers were dealing with it and were confident of winning the case on behalf of Rangers.

The confusion is people on here stating that the bill was to MIH IF the case was lost - that was TOTALLY and UTTERLY wrong.

Is your name Murray first name David?

All I know is, nothing. Just going to sit back and see what happens.

Whatever happens we will win the treble and the Europa League this season so happy days (tu)

Edit: FTP

From the outside looking in they were maybe "pretty sure" that we would win the case as Johnston says in the article and has always been saying but it wasn't definite.

So in answer to your question they kept the club ticking over within limits - i think we only spent something like £3 million net?

for people on here to be questioning the very question of WHETHER there was a tax bill well...

but to be labelled a fenian sympathiser for asking pertinent questions about ANY potential buyer is really pretty ignorant i would argue.

so i am supposed to worry about something lloyds bank are pretty sure isnt an issue.

you say 3 million net which is correct but we could still have sold and not bought giving the bank 7-8 million more security.

you know what you think this is stopping us from being sold and is a huge issue. but lloyds, ellis, whyte and aj dont.

i think i will go with them.

to answer your question last year we took in 16 million from the cl and paid of 13 million in debt. 1.5 million of that interest.

so we are 1.5 million short of brake even but that 30k a week in player wages and we may well be saving that already.

regardless we have taken in more in the cl this year. and we should make 1.5 million each season from europe at least. so without debt we are braking even without cl i would say.

now if you areent a taig as you say then stop worrying its all good.

no it isnt wrong and its been confirmed.

so i am supposed to worry about something lloyds bank are pretty sure isnt an issue.

you say 3 million net which is correct but we could still have sold and not bought giving the bank 7-8 million more security.

you know what you think this is stopping us from being sold and is a huge issue. but lloyds, ellis, whyte and aj dont.

i think i will go with them.

to answer your question last year we took in 16 million from the cl and paid of 13 million in debt. 1.5 million of that interest.

so we are 1.5 million short of brake even but that 30k a week in player wages and we may well be saving that already.

regardless we have taken in more in the cl this year. and we should make 1.5 million each season from europe at least. so without debt we are braking even without cl i would say.

now if you areent a taig as you say then stop worrying its all good.

I'm on the outside looking in as most of us are.

But the misinformation and down right bullshit getting spoken about rangers and then somehow self validated by calling anyone who disputes it a fenian bastard is ridiculous.

How does having doubts about a guy most have never heard about mean you are scaremongering?

But the misinformation and down right bullshit getting spoken about rangers and then somehow self validated by calling anyone who disputes it a fenian bastard is ridiculous.

How does having doubts about a guy most have never heard about mean you are scaremongering?

having doubts of calling us unsellable?

just think about what i said about lloyds. if they arent worried why are you.

I think I speak for the forum here. You're a pape.

Can you please quote whoever said those exact words to you please

Thank You

yes you are on the outside looking in and should stay there

no one likes us we dont care

the mhedia hate us we dont care

this deal will happen (tu)

we welcome the chase now jog on back to the heart of darkness timmy father o'mally has a suprise xmas present waiting for you

What's happening lads?

I'm working while viewing on my phone, not got time to read the whole thread, a quick overview plz ???

little 'molested by a priest' alex is telling us all what the taigs think of the takeover.

He's suddenly realised his cover has been blown.....(tu)

having doubts of calling us unsellable?

just think about what i said about lloyds. if they arent worried why are you.

IMO up to this point its what has stopped the club being sold.

You keep quoting Lloyds not being worried - fair enough but Leggat in his online blog recently pointed to fenian led shenanigans at Lloyds where Rangers are concerned.

I personally don't trust Murray and trust lloyds even less.

one minute the bank are running rangers to the clubs detriment and the fans are mobilised against them next everything is fine.

there is a tax issue , then there isn't one.

here comes a buyer oh no there he goes again.

Forgive me for being sceptical about this latest turn of events where whyte is concerned.