Hayes and Rooney

gunslinger

Why is everyone willing to take a punt on Rooney and Griffiths? They're both good players, but we support Rangers, not Hibs. We should be looking at better, much better.

If what WS says is true, financially we won't be able to compete with the likes of Hibs in the January-window.

It's not good, but it is what it is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone willing to take a punt on Rooney and Griffiths? They're both good players, but we support Rangers, not Hibs. We should be looking at better, much better.

If there was a couple of players, one being 20 year old kid had scored 42 career goals in the second tier of English, Spanish, German or Italian football and a 22 year old who had scored 24 in the same league before matching that form in the top flight then it's almost a certainty that the Man Utd's, Barca's, Real's, Juve's & Bayern's of this world would be taking a punt on him and they are all clubs who on paper should be aiming much much higher too.

We should be doing the exact same thing with talent within our domestic leagues too.

considering the financial issues, we may have to do this

the tims done it and won 3iar, scott macdonald for 750k, caldwell for a free, robson for a mill, hartley for a free, wilson for under a mill

end of the day we arent planning an assault on the CL anytime soon, so why not sign the best that your country's league has

remind me again where naismith, broadfoot, whittaker came from? and like it or not, they have helped us win 2iar

I've got to say you put up a very convincing argument! :lol:

Rooney also banged them in for his previous club.

Who was the last average player we signed from a diddy team who scored for fun in the spl? I give you kris Boyd, I think Rooney has more to offer than Boyd did when we first signed him.

Worth a punt on a free in the summer I'd say, especially if we can't get miller signed on.

Hayes I wouldn't touch with a bargepole, one lucky shot does not make a player.

Yup. Because we stood off Hayes, he scored a stunner. Didn't really do anything else of note, but that was enough to make him look a great player.

Spot on m8. With the way we fail to close down opponents, a U-12 could look like Messi against us.