Players Disappearing?!

Papa Sasac

I know I've asked this in the main thread, but it's still bothering me. Basically, if I go an SPL team or just a Scottish team in general, teams in England have made up players replacing real ones. For example, Burnley will have maybe 10 made up players in their team, with the rest being real life players.

Same with me going an English team, this happens with SPL teams. I just don't understand what it is that causes this, or if it is just part of the game?

I've set my database to large, have the lowest league available as playable, and still it happens.

happened to me in FM1O Mate, everytime i searched the german national team i wouldnt get the real players. Im sure if you pick the epl and spl, but only make the spl as your playing league, you get all the players, e,g the burnley ones. not 100% sure but can awlways try

I know I've asked this in the main thread, but it's still bothering me. Basically, if I go an SPL team or just a Scottish team in general, teams in England have made up players replacing real ones. For example, Burnley will have maybe 10 made up players in their team, with the rest being real life players.

Same with me going an English team, this happens with SPL teams. I just don't understand what it is that causes this, or if it is just part of the game?

I've set my database to large, have the lowest league available as playable, and still it happens.

Are the players in gray?

If they are, they're just there to make up the numbers. Usually it's youth players.

As for the German team in FM10, that's part of the game because SI didn't have the license to use the players in the German National Team.

Even in a large db they will load up burnleys key players because they have a high rep. Next time when you start a game load up all players from England just to be sure. Have you got the latest patch?

I'd imagine so. Steam updates it automatically does it not?

Are the players in gray?

If they are, they're just there to make up the numbers. Usually it's youth players.

As for the German team in FM10, that's part of the game because SI didn't have the license to use the players in the German National Team.

Yeah, the first team squad will be first team players and greyed out players.

Can you give us a screen shot so we can see the team page, might be a bit easier to figure out then.

5ahs2r.jpg

261gk1s.jpg

11ih384.jpg

Just a few examples, but it's the same if I went an English team. That would be the Rangers squad.

Wouldn't take screenshots, so I just had to print screen. Sorry for the size.

It's because you have it as view only.

It's basically the same idea that happens if you don't load the league, only difference for you is that you will see the teams playing league games.

Whereas if you didn't load England the only fixtures youd see the teams play are the ones that play in Europe.

It's because you have it as view only.

It's basically the same idea that happens if you don't load the league, only difference for you is that you will see the teams playing league games.

Whereas if you didn't load England the only fixtures youd see the teams play are the ones that play in Europe.

I only had England ticked because someone mentioned that previously. I've had just Scotland ticked before, third division playable, but other teams still have made up players.

What is it I need to tick and untick? Sorry, it's the first FM game I've had, still not got to grips with it.

Where it says mode. Change that from view only to playable.

Or if you don't want the English leagues loaded but want all the players. In the size of database bit select custom then select load all players from England.

Where it says mode. Change that from view only to playable.

Or if you don't want the English leagues loaded but want all the players. In the size of database bit select custom then select load all players from England.

Cheers for your help and patience mate.

There is a way around getting the German players and Dutch players to play for the national team. There is a special file in the database and all you have to do is delete it.

fake.lnc is the file, you can tell that Sports Interactive want to make it as easy as possible for users to go around the imposed licensing issues.

My laptop is on it's last legs and I'm about to buy a new one..and it's still 3.5/4 :lol:

Make me feel worse why don't you?

Nah, I don't know why it's at half a star, sometimes it's around 3 or 4 stars, just differs for whatever reason.