Why dont we join English conference alongside Celtic?

Gers4lyf

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that money is tight, but at the end of the day if it had been Celtic, it would have been a sellout. People are picking and choosing what games to attend due to the shite they have to watch, as much as financial reasons.

But Rangers v Celtic is different to anything in Scotland, demand for that will always be there, even at £100 a pop, it would be full, its a freak fixture. It just costs too much nowadays and so many games as well.

Its not only me, its everyone, they think going to England will mean players at £5,6,7,8m, £10m, even more, clueless fans buying into the media hyped baloney from the EPL.

Ambition and a clear plan is what we need RIGHT NOW in our current form, in Scotland, if we are managed right(and i dont mean Walter, i mean above him), we can be very healthy as a club and business.

Murray and Bain have proved yera on year they cannot do it for us and cannot take us further, we must be the only club in the world who could have a year of "record turnover" yet our debt rises in the same year. Its disgracful how our club has been run in the last 10 years. The money we have pissed up against a wall makes me want to boak.

Our managers philosophy of the games probably stopping us mate? He may be going in the summer but his successor knows only his way to go about things, i dont expect anything to change, i fear he will take the "Ecks Scotland" approach and try and continue the same way as Walter has.

Its a refreshing change to have a decent conversation with someone on here without the usual dismissive insults coming out from them.

(tu)

I agree wholeheartedly with the above, apart from the belief that we will see any change within the club. I don't see Murray relinquishing his shareholding in the near future, but I really hope that I'm wrong.

Cheers for the exchange of views, but I'm up at 4, so I'm off. (tu)

I agree wholeheartedly with the above, apart from the belief that we will see any change within the club. I don't see Murray relinquishing his shareholding in the near future, but I really hope that I'm wrong.

Cheers for the exchange of views, but I'm up at 4, so I'm off. (tu)

Oh dont get me wrong, i cant see change, but im hoping for it, big time.

Up early myself, work again!

(tu)

So pessimistic, its that lack of support our club and game could do without.

Nationality is almost as meaningless as religion in the 21st century. Pointless.

You are getting better - or quicker - it took only one reply for you to completely change the subject at hand and start passing meaningless pish off by way of an answer.

oh oh, Moses is getting all hot n bothered, confused even.

Nationality IS meaningless, but there will always be countries by name, thus being Scotland having a league being the Scottish league, obviously! doh

You said we are British, yet i dont see a British league.

Your tying yourself in knots, or reading one thing and thinking it means what you want it to mean.

Silly really, especially when your miles off target.

:)

oh oh, Moses is getting all hot n bothered, confused even.

Nationality IS meaningless, but there will always be countries by name, thus being Scotland having a league being the Scottish league, obviously! doh

Your tying yourself in knots, or reading one thing and thinking it means what you want it to mean.

Silly really, especially when your miles off target.

:)

In summary then - you made a cunt of yourself (again) and have no suitable answer so more pish has to suffice.

In summary then - you made a cunt of yourself (again) and have no suitable answer so more pish has to suffice.

:lol:

No, you did, again.

I cant do anything if you dont understand what im saying, you seem to be one of 3 out of thousands who have a problem with my opinion. Its really sad, no taig accusations tonight, eh? Makes a nice change i suppose from the usual clap trap you spew.

Off to bed for work.

I wish this debate would just go away forever. Its not realistic and its never going to happen. What we should be trying to do is get rid of the League cups and making a 'British Cup' That is a good idea and would be fucking brilliant IMO

Nor do you see any English leagues actually. People keep referring to the EPL and the English Conferences but they don't exist. That means this idea is actually viable, although I don't see us ever joining any other league...with the possible exception of a future European set up.

I've been hearing this shite for the last 30 odd years and I'm afraid to tell you guys...Unless there is a MASSIVE breakaway from UEFA/FIFA by all the money clubs,and/or they start Euro Leagues, then we (nor the scum) aren't going anywhere.

For those poor misguided soapdodgers who say that it's best they go to a "Foreign" league to get away from the SFA jurisdiction and unfair treatment they get from the ruling body in Scotland (as in sending-off offences and appeals etc!) I'm afraid I have to give them bad news...No matter WHAT national league they could escape to, they are still under the jurisdiction of the SFA regarding punishments handed out.

For those that are still unclear about what I'm saying,here's a wee scenario for you to contemplate...Ra Shellick bugger off to (let's say) the Football Conference League and are playing against Nuneaton Town, when two players get sent from the field...Eddie Nisevic and Samaras.

Now both clubs appeal the decision...but this is where the fun begins, because Nisevic would have his appeal heard by the English FA and Samaras would have his heard by the SFA, because no matter where a Scottish club would end up playing, the players and club still come under the auspices of the SFA.

we would still get a lot of money (celtic games), wimbledon, luton arent bad

besides we can then join league system.

they'd let us in defo to conference. so why dont we do it? for 3 seasons we would lose money but when we get to championship we start to make more than we do now.

Aye great idea. Is that your taxi?

Nor do you see any English leagues actually. People keep referring to the EPL and the English Conferences but they don't exist. That means this idea is actually viable, although I don't see us ever joining any other league...with the possible exception of a future European set up.

What is the EPL then? Championship? League 1, League 2? They are leagues from England, being English leagues.

My debate with Moses was not about the types of leagues or where they are from, it was about "nationalities" as an identity for someone/thing. Rangers FC in this instance. I say we are Scottish, he said we are British, i guess were both right in our own way, i dont know.

Im probably not intelligent enough to put my point across right in thsi matter, maybe why Moses thought i was misleading him or talking about something else, which i wasnt.

Your right, we wont be going anywhere, nor do i want to.

(tu)

What is the EPL then? Championship? League 1, League 2? They are leagues from England, being English leagues.

My debate with Moses was not about the types of leagues or where they are from, it was about "nationalities" as an identity for someone/thing. Rangers FC in this instance. I say we are Scottish, he said we are British, i guess were both right in our own way, i dont know.

Im probably not intelligent enough to put my point across right in thsi matter, maybe why Moses thought i was misleading him or talking about something else, which i wasnt.

Your right, we wont be going anywhere, nor do i want to.

(tu)

The EPL is actually the BPL and there could be two Welsh sides in it next year. It's run by The Football Association and we've played in their competitions before. The Championship is The Championship and like League 1 and 2 is run by The Football League. Like The Blue Square Conference, it's not comprised of English clubs alone.

Doesn't matter what nationality anyone considers the club...precedents have been set so there is no reason Rangers couldn't compete in those competitions...I very much doubt we ever will though.