Leonardo's Inter revival

Don't think there's been a thread on this yet?

I thought Leanardo was an odd choice by Moratti to replace Benitez but he's won five out of five now. Four wins in Seria A have got them up to 4th and cut the gap on AC Milan to 6 points, and they still have a game in hand. A win over Genoa also saw them through to the Coppa Italia quarter finals.

Looks like this managerial change might have been an inspired one!

I was fairly sceptical too about Leonardo going to Inter, but he's done very well so far.

4 wins from 4 games I think?

Serie A is very competitive this year. Palermo and Napoli are two brilliant teams to watch and AC Milan are playing some good stuff too with Ibra/Robinho/Cassano.

I was fairly sceptical too about Leonardo going to Inter, but he's done very well so far.

4 wins from 4 games I think?

Serie A is very competitive this year. Palermo and Napoli are two brilliant teams to watch and AC Milan are playing some good stuff too with Ibra/Robinho/Cassano.

5 from 5 including the Coppa Italia win.

I read an article saying that Leonardo is highly regarded as a coach, and as someone who can spot talent from a mile off. Apparently the working conditions, whatever they were, at Milan meant he was doomed to fail there.

Leonardo just wasn't very good at Milan. He was decent, but he didn't do anything that said he was going to be winning league titles and Champions Leagues anytime soon.

As for his scouting ability, I believe it was him that helped bring Kaka and Pato to Milan. So he certainly has a good eye!

It was said he had a couple of problems with established staff, and high up members at Milan. I'll try dig out the article.

Aw yeh, I know all about the things Berlusconi said about him in public. I was just saying, he wasn't very good anyway.

It was said he had a couple of problems with established staff, and high up members at Milan. I'll try dig out the article.

Yeah he hates Berlusconi, which made him an out choice for the Milan job. My friends a season ticket holder over there and he was saying that Leonardo didn't want to take the Milan job due to his problems with Berlusconi, but accepted it almost due to feeling a duty for everything the club had given him over his years as player and Director of Football.

Benitez was never going to work at Inter due to his hatred of all things Mourinho, and the fact that he'd want to completely overhaul everything Mourinho put in place... that and the fact he's been a terrible manager for some time now. Leonardo has already publicly thanked Mourinho for his help in settling in, and his advice on the job, and seems to hold the players respect a lot more than Senor Rafa did.

Strange that he hasnt had to add to the squad either , you know the urgent players needed by Rafa to make the team successful ... the ones all his fans say were needed and not to blame Rafa for the poor state of Inters squad .. :rolleyes: pull the other one