Who is to blame for the financial mess we are in?

nvager

I heard that rumour yesterday, but thought it was the usual pish. But now I'm not to certain as there is an ongoing argument about an similar story about Monday on another forum (Bluenose.co). Martin Bain is being talk about as an possible credible takeover source?? like i say don't shoot the messenger here.

I wonder who his backer will be?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that rumour yesterday, but thought it was the usual pish. But now I'm not to certain as there is an ongoing argument about an similar story about Monday on another forum (Bluenose.co). Martin Bain is being talk about as an possible credible takeover source?? like i say don't shoot the messenger here.

Just went on and looked mate. The majority of the thread had nothing to do with tomorrow apart from the start and the end, the middle was drizzel about them and the sheep yesterday (td)

Anyway, the guy who claims to be in the know and is making the announcement tomorrow, says his source is a "financial" one and says he will beat the "club announcement" or something along they lines.

Maybe your rumours are correct. Martin Bain seems to be the name going around, probably won't be anything to do with him though (td) we'll just have to wait and see what another 24hrs brings (tu)

Martin Bain has told folk (including a businessman pal of mine a couple of weeks ago) that there can be no takeover till the tax case is settled.

As far as I'm concerned, Ellis and Whyte are bullsh*tters. :disappointment:

As for the blame; who approved the EBT schemes that have left us potentially facing a massive HMRC bill?

It's all SDM's work.

Just in mate,

Yeah i doubt all those costs amount to anywhere near £12m a year for 16 shops.

Where is that 22 million coming from? What is that for?

we are going round in circles mate but all i will say is if they are making more than 4 million from a turnover then they are the best run retail orgonisation in the world.

we made about that from a far higher turnover when we wre manufacturing our own strips. thats from our accounts

The £3m per year payment, without adding the £1.45m from the up-front payment that appears on the books annually, represents a pure profit from our merchandise. According to the best analysis of the accounts, which on occasion do not show profitability, Rangers had only once made a greater profit in a single year from this department in the previous 10 years.

http://www.followfollow.com/news/tmnw/the_jjb_deal_dissected_from_necessity_to_calamity_458723/index.shtml

we are going round in circles mate but all i will say is if they are making more than 4 million from a turnover then they are the best run retail orgonisation in the world.

we made about that from a far higher turnover when we wre manufacturing our own strips. thats from our accounts

http://www.followfollow.com/news/tmnw/the_jjb_deal_dissected_from_necessity_to_calamity_458723/index.shtml

We sure are. They must be then, eh.

I cant take any article written on ff or for ff seriously. Thats just me though.

(tu)

We sure are. They must be then, eh.

I cant take any article written on ff or for ff seriously. Thats just me though.

(tu)

this place is weird when it comes to ff.

there are accountants and all sorts of financial experts on ff.

if i am honest the articles are alot better than some on here which are a stretch at best and downright misleadin at other times.

Brubear, i do know that mate, i have already said that myself on this thread numerous occassions. (tu)

Im just finding it very hard to accept that it costs £12m or more to run 16 club shops.

They must make more profit than £3m or £4m. Surely.

I cant see it being less than us if im honest, i would still much rather have our club shops back, for that extra bit of revenue and the public advertisement of actually having our own shops.

JJB dont stock any more Rangers stuff than Celtic stuff, in fact some shops actually have more Celtic gear in them than ours. Their strip can also be bought from almost any major sports store in the world while ours cannot, that is a huge disadvantage and something that coudl be fixed if we upgraded to Nike or Adidas. Umbro doesnt give us the same.....i dont know the word......as Nike or Adidas would.

(tu)

It's not just the cost of running the stores they need to buy the stock grom the manufacturers. mark up on clothes retail of 40% is about right except designer crap.

15m prbably means gross margin of c. 5 - 6m with a couple of million in costs.

It's not just the cost of running the stores they need to buy the stock grom the manufacturers. mark up on clothes retail of 40% is about right except designer crap.

15m prbably means gross margin of c. 5 - 6m with a couple of million in costs.

I know what is involved in running a shop mate.

(tu)