Thomas Buffel

BULOO BEAR

Ended his time at the club when creative footballers were fround upon. Him, Burke, Adam, Gow paid that price for being skillful on the ball. Walter needed battlers, cloggers, punt up the parkers and players capable and willing to defend for 90 minutes. Those 3/4 possibly more were not in that bracket.

Plays with Genk now i think.

Ended his time at the club when creative footballers were fround upon. Him, Burke, Adam, Gow paid that price for being skillful on the ball. Walter needed battlers, cloggers, punt up the parkers and players capable and willing to defend for 90 minutes. Those 3/4 possibly more were not in that bracket.

Plays with Genk now i think.

He could do so much better than them that's a shame

I think it was PLG's first game in charge, against Motherwell at Fir Park. We won 2-1 but we fucking battered 'Well in the first half especially playing Thomas Buffel just off the front. He destroyed them almost single-handedly with his movement but for the life of him couldn't stick any of the chances he created for himself away. One of the best single performances I've seen by a 'ger for a long time. Always liked him, even tho there was this pish assumption he was too lightweight for our league. A claim dismissed when he skipped thru the challenges of Balde and Mjyallby to nutmeg Borat in front o the Copland to cap a terrific performance. ( lovenpants could've scored about three that day too)

I liked Buffel, just a shame we couldn't get the best out if him.

Buffel was one of the few players who could properly utilise Lovenkrands pace. He was clever, I always liked him.

I've never understood why Walter didn't use him towards the end of the UEFA cup season.

Yeah because we played a guy predominantly on the left wing ffs.

Your comparison is ludicrous.

No it my opinion he flattered to deceive i watched him enough when he was playing for us to form that opinion.

Fair enough if you think he was a superstar i never thought he was any better than average and his football career backs that up.

I don't think he was a superstar, just a guy with talent and potential that because we didnt use him right and his injuries we never got the best out of him.

But he was a footballer, I saw enough to know the boy could play a bit, and I would like to see more footballers in our team.

I don't think he was a superstar, just a guy with talent and potential that because we didnt use him right and his injuries we never got the best out of him.

But he was a footballer, I saw enough to know the boy could play a bit, and I would like to see more footballers in our team.

I would agree he was a good footballer and a tidy player but i never really got the hype about him, everybody has opinions I'm sure you dont rate players i rate.

Always remember reading how we would regret him leaving as he would go onto better things i never thought he would andd it seems to be the case.

Sand dancer who looked like he was the best 5 a side player but failed to deliver at Rangers or any club after that.

he was a very creative player with loads of skill however Namouchi sometimes got a game before him because of his work rate :anguish:

I think it was PLG's first game in charge, against Motherwell at Fir Park. We won 2-1 but we fucking battered 'Well in the first half especially playing Thomas Buffel just off the front. He destroyed them almost single-handedly with his movement but for the life of him couldn't stick any of the chances he created for himself away. One of the best single performances I've seen by a 'ger for a long time. Always liked him, even tho there was this pish assumption he was too lightweight for our league. A claim dismissed when he skipped thru the challenges of Balde and Mjyallby to nutmeg Borat in front o the Copland to cap a terrific performance. ( lovenpants could've scored about three that day too)

I liked Buffel, just a shame we couldn't get the best out if him.

He just never fitted into walters plans we have not really had creative midfielders playing off the front in the last few years not since De Boer.

He was one of those pretty boys we got into the habit of signing at the beginning of this decade. I am with Walter- a Rangers squad should, on the whole, be like a rogues gallery. They should have skill, but a few villains should always be at this Club. Compare the character of Buffel to that of Dado Prso- does not even compare.

This plaudits are all nonsense. He was soft to the core, had no character to be a Rangers player. He turned up now and again and many times went into hiding. If he was that good he would still be doing it right now.

Your opinion is nonsense.