The first goal and Whittaker

achaleven

Just to put this one to bed. I've read in loads of posts that Whitt was to blame for the first goal. I can only think that most of these people either only saw it on tv or were sitting somewhere other than Govan front. What happened was that the celtic player played a bad ball forward towards our goal. Defenders, Whittaker included moved towards the inside. The ball then took a wicked deflection off Edu sending the ball wide into the path of the attacking player. So, if anyone was to blame it was Edu, but there wasn't a lot he could do about it. I'll admit that on tv it looks like a great through ball but trust me, it was right in front of me, it wasn't, they just got lucky.

Just to put this one to bed. I've read in loads of posts that Whitt was to blame for the first goal. I can only think that most of these people either only saw it on tv or were sitting somewhere other than Govan front. What happened was that the celtic player played a bad ball forward towards our goal. Defenders, Whittaker included moved towards the inside. The ball then took a wicked deflection off Edu sending the ball wide into the path of the attacking player. So, if anyone was to blame it was Edu, but there wasn't a lot he could do about it. I'll admit that on tv it looks like a great through ball but trust me, it was right in front of me, it wasn't, they just got lucky.

Spot on. I was in GF and as soon as they scored I said to my mate they were lucky bas***ds as until the ball deflected of Edu the through ball was running harmlessly to McGregor

jammy bastards in more ways than one and why was that wee cunt broon not closed down before he got his shot away. poor defending to say the least still confident of winning the replay though as long as we press the ball and play at a higher tempo, and cut out the slack passing cmon gers get your fucking act together we have been put through enough torture this season. :crabflute: follow follow for w.a.t.p :21:

I was in the Govan front and you're spot on with what you say.

Spot on m8.. the deflection played a major part and Edu could do nothing about it. (tu)

Whittaker, again, was made a scapegoat. He didn't have his best game, but he didn't really make any mistakes, he was in no way at fault for the first goal. A 6/10 performance for me. He's a lot better than folk make him out to be though.

That first goal was all because the original through ball took a lucky flick off Edu that wrong footed everyone.

Anyone that's played the game will know a little deflection like that can totally change the course of an attack. I personally thought Papac should have been tucking in more for the square pass into the middle for Commons....

Whittaker again

Some guys on here need a reality check.

The only players in our squad CURRENTLY capable of playing & likely to be bid for by wealthier clubs are Greegs,Jela,Boogie,Davis,Naismith,Weiss and........Whittaker.

The only ones there are transfer rumours about & you know why?

They are our best players!

Under the current regime each one of them who leaves-makes us weaker & weaker-who the feck could we get in the team to replace him & improve us with.

He is a confidence player with good technical ability & a touch of speed that isnt always obvious from the TV, how many goals did he score last season-many from right back/wing & left back/wing- 11 in all comps with 3 assists, this stop & start season has 4 assists & 2 goals.

He plays in 5 positions for us and has had good games in every one of them.