Jela

derekweir29

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/227884-jelavic-rangers-are-strong-with-or-without-me/

Nikica Jelavic won’t play any part in Rangers’ Europa League matches this season but says the squad is good enough to handle his absence. The Croatian, who bagged a hat-trick against Motherwell in his team’s 6-0 win at Ibrox on Saturday, admits to being unhappy at having to watch the game from the stand.

Jelavic joined Rangers from Rapid Vienna in August but, having played for the Austrian club in the preliminary rounds, their participation in the group stages cup-tied the forward for the rest of the European season. Though the Croatian’s goals have been key to Rangers’ domestic results, he says others can find the net in Europe.

"Of course it's frustrating but what can I do now?” he asked. “All I can do is wait for the next SPL game against Celtic.

"We have a strong team with or without me. We are Rangers.

"It was difficult for me to play again after three-and-a-half months. But, game by game, it is coming a little bit."

Jelavic was the stand-out performer as Rangers demolished Motherwell and said he was delighted with the team’ efforts as well as his own three-goal haul.

"I've scored a few hat-tricks before but I don't really remember them," he said. "I took the match ball from this game.

"It was nice to win the game and get the hat-trick. We started the game well and in the end we deserved to win 6-0.

"It was not so easy because we scored the second and third goals from nothing. Then we opened up the game and it was much easier afterwards but until the second goal it was difficult."

Dont Know if its a repost but one line Stood out for me

"We have a strong team with or without me. We are Rangers

Only been at club short period but love reading and hearing things like that

Would feel a lot more confident in Europe with Jelavic playing

None of our other forwards come close to him

Never mind the forwards... Most of our players don't come close to him.

We are significantly weaker with him out of the team.