Jack Wilshere

gazza27

Said this since arsenal v rangers in 2009.anybody could c he is a player. Went to Bolton to toughen up, great move for arsene and shrewd by Owen coyle .

I joke with my son every time he on" ah, here comes the saviour of English football".

I say this as a blasé statement, but is it close to the truth?

Guest SandyWATP

Potential to be a great player.

I fully expect him to struggle at International level though. The players just won't be on the same wavelength as him - he's like a Spaniard/South American player.

Brilliant player. Before this season he was more of an Iniesta type player. He was more advanced in the field, dribbled more, taking more men on and tried a lot more fancy stuff. This year though he's been told to sit a bit deeper and retain possession first and foremost.

His performance against us down at the Emirates in the preseason game was incredible.

Excellent player. Will end up better than Gerrard and Lampard if he moves abroad which will benefit him greatly.

In terms of footballing ability, he's already better than those two, imo.

Guest SandyWATP

In terms of footballing ability, he's already better than those two, imo.

Based on their current form, yes, but not when they were at their best.

In saying that, he could easily surpass both - and make his dream move to Barcelona :pipe:

Based on their current form, yes, but not when they were at their best.

In saying that, he could easily surpass both - and make his dream move to Barcelona :pipe:

I still think even at their bests, Wilshere is more talented.

He can do things with the ball that those two could only dream about. I don't think either of them are anything special technically.

He's the best English midfielder since Paul Scholes. If he goes on to be better than him, he'll have a hell of a career.

Guest SandyWATP

I still think even at their bests, Wilshere is more talented.

He can do things with the ball that those two could only dream about. I don't think either of them are anything special technically.

He's the best English midfielder since Paul Scholes. If he goes on to be better than him, he'll have a hell of a career.

There's a difference between being more talented and actually being the better player.

Wilshere will end up being the better player, but he isn't as good as Gerrard was a few years back - that's my point.

I love this young fella.

But, dismissing Steven gerrard, to me is harsh.

Gerrard would, should, and could walk into 90% of the worlds best clubs.

Yes I a wilshire fan, but Stevie g is still the midfielder most players aspire too.

I'm not dissing Stevie G mate. I just don't think he's a quality footballer from a technical point of view.

When he's at his best, it's usually his industrious side we're all praising. The way he'll take a game by the balls, drag his teammates forward and lead with example.

I not trying to argue.

I slightly older, and to me, gerrard should, be the best midfielder on this earth. But he at this present, probably at best, top 5.

Why?

To me? Loyalty.

That word we all discuss.

Iind ten years ago, to me, the best midfielders were, vieria, arsenal, keane, man u, and zidane, juve.

In zidanes case, his move to Madrid made him a great player, to the greTest player.

Vieria and keane could easily compete, but in that era zidane proved, to me, that loyalty did not prove that the best players stayed loyal!

Guest SandyWATP

If you think Viera and Keane could "compete" with Zizou in terms of ability, then you're fairly deluded.

Not to mention you claims regarding Gerrard, and how he "should" be the best midfielder in the world.

I think him and Josh McEachran will be the future England midfield. Both treat the ball very well. I'm being presumptuous with McEachran but been impressed with him. Worrying thing is they'll have Andy Carroll up top and two centre halfs playing it long. It'll be like a game of piggy in the middle!

Watching him it like he came through the Barca academy and should play for Spain not England but has a more aggressive style when defending that is more English.

Curious, has their ever been a CM as good as him at that age??