What ever happened to...

LegendofCoop

First off, I'm in two minds about the penalty that wasn't. There is contact, but I'm not sure it was enough to bring Jelavic down. I'm not saying it was a dive, but it would have been soft.

What I'm really annoyed at though is the Ref changing his mind. Surely if he's in any doubt what so ever, he either speaks to his assistant or doesn't give it.

Once he's blown his whistle & pointed to the spot, that's it surely? Not only does it make him look weak, but it makes a mockery of who actually makes the decision!

How is a linesman who is 40 yards away supposed to tell whether the contact on Jelavic is enough to bring him down or not....when the ref has a better view!

I know this could work against us too, but I want Refs to stand by their decisions.

He has every right to change his decision and he called it correctly.

As soon as Jelavic goes down, he in in no doubt at all & wastes NO time in giving the penalty. A few seconds later, and on the advice of a man 40 yards away, who doesn't have as good a view, he books Jelavic for diving.

Do you not think that's making yourself look stupid?

He has every right to change his decision and he called it correctly.

:crabflute: it wasnt a penalty, the ref was right and the right team on the day won, we are so much the better team by not crying like those pathetic taig cunts!!

once hes made his decision he should not be changing it , so dont sit and say he was right blablabla even though he was, he made his decision then changed it and he should not be doing that :angry:

But it doesn't fuckin matter we won :crabflute:

We did that mate. However I'm talking in a more generic tone. I'm talking about any ref in any game. Once they blow that whistle, a decision has been made. Even if it takes him 10/20 seconds, and by all means ask his assistant, once he calls it, there shouldn't be any going back.

But yes, we won! :):uk:

all i would like to know is why he changed his mind,

he cant possibly give the penalty then change his mind, so surely it must have been the linesman?

how can the linesman possibly over-rule the ref when he was about 5 times further away than him?

anyway i dont know what went on, and to be honest i do not give a fuck! it was a very strange decision tho

:crabflute: it wasnt a penalty, the ref was right and the right team on the day won, we are so much the better team by not crying like those pathetic taig cunts!!

So why was he so convinced when he gave it? He clearly gives it and is in no doubt. Should be saying to his assistant that he had the better view. It is him that's in charge after all! (tu)

all i would like to know is why he changed his mind,

he cant possibly give the penalty then change his mind, so surely it must have been the linesman?

how can the linesman possibly over-rule the ref when he was about 5 times further away than him?

anyway i dont know what went on, and to be honest i do not give a fuck! it was a very strange decision tho

My thoughts exactly.

So why was he so convinced when he gave it? He clearly gives it and is in no doubt. Should be saying to his assistant that he had the better view. It is him that's in charge after all! (tu)

and why wait till he booked the tim before changing his mind ? was something said :huh:

and why wait till he booked the tim before changing his mind ? was something said :huh:

As much as I was annoyed at him reversing his decision at the time, he was well within his right to do so and after having a second look at it I think he was right. He fucked up big time with the Wilson handball one though, that was a stonewaller in my eyes.

He never had a fukin second look at it - he was yards away and it was a penalty, end of story

As soon as Jelavic goes down, he in in no doubt at all & wastes NO time in giving the penalty. A few seconds later, and on the advice of a man 40 yards away, who doesn't have as good a view, he books Jelavic for diving.

Do you not think that's making yourself look stupid?

A few seconds later, and on the advice of a man 40 yards away, who doesn't have as good a view, he books Jelavic for diving.

You forgot to add the advice the four septic players were offering him , broon knew it was a penalty too and it was easy to see, as the mouthfull he gave rogne proves it to me , anyway although it's done and dusted we as a club should be sticking up for ourself regarding " decisions "

A few seconds later, and on the advice of a man 40 yards away, who doesn't have as good a view, he books Jelavic for diving.

You forgot to add the advice the four septic players were offering him , broon knew it was a penalty too and it was easy to see, as the mouthfull he gave rogne proves it to me , anyway although it's done and dusted we as a club should be sticking up for ourself regarding " decisions "

(tu)

We shouldn't have to though mate. That's partly my point. Ref's get training & sit exams & shit. They should have the confidence to stand by the decisions they make.

(tu)

We shouldn't have to though mate. That's partly my point. Ref's get training & sit exams & shit. They should have the confidence to stand by the decisions they make.

Exactly right mate (tu) no argument here , ( I wasny dissin your post by the way , I was just adding to it ) (tu)