Apparently there was a function at Hampden tonight

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my missus is a teacher in an RC school I can confirm that a good prod can work as a teacher in an RC school but cannot attain a promoted post. Apartheid is alive and well in the UK

But we're the bigitz n at man.

All denominations can teach in all schools however promotion in the RC schools has to be approved ny the RC church an this is where the glass ceiling comes in for non RC's.

There has only ever been one non RC head teacher in an RC school in Scotland and they refused to call her a head but invented a title of Director of Learning

they hire exactly the minumum they can get away with of non rc's and they dont let them where possible teach in primary schools where the kids are impressionable.

then theres the fact that glasgow uni only accepts catholics for teacher training

they hire exactly the minumum they can get away with of non rc's and they dont let them where possible teach in primary schools where the kids are impressionable.

then theres the fact that glasgow uni only accepts catholics for teacher training

Is that genuine?

The post from the Celtic fan said something about a 20 minute VT? Does anyone know if it is kicking around somewhere, I would like to give it a watch.

These loonballs don't seem to understand that bigotry comes from both sides.

Just a point on the Catholic schools. To teach in one you have to be Catholic, which rules a lot of jobs for non-catholic teachers yet Catholic teachers are allowed to teach in non denominational schools as well. It sums that lot up, not only do they want everything their own way they want to have their say on the way everyone else works as well.

I understand it is a bit off topic but it really bothers me. They are so quick to play the oppression/bigot card but they are the biggest bigots going! They are the ones who enforce the division in Scotland and we are the ones that are labelled as bigots for speaking out against it! Anti Catholic? No wonder!

My English teacher taught at St Pauls for years and he's a big proddy.

those who say they wish to teach at a catholic school get priority in getting onto the course in the first place. they will also spend much of the first years finding out about the catholic method of education and other catholic nonsense... as much emphasis is placed on this as on actually learning how to TEACH.

to say this is disgraceful is an understatement.

the taig loving at glasgow uni certaintly doesnt begin and end at training primary school teachers either.

Non catholics can teach in the schools but if you want a promotion you will be waiting for a very long time until you die or give up.

A bit like Celtic park they might give you a pools job though.

And it is all state funded Racism, prejudice.

Turn a blind eye though government sweep fucking sweep.

:lol:

10/10

Is that genuine?

You need to do certain courses as part of your teaching diploma and have the approval of a priest to work in a RC school, glasgow uni does these courses while Jordanhill does not. It is therefore generally understood that those interested in RC teaching get the prioroty there. In saying that my mate is a good prod, works in a nondenom school, though studied at glasgow.

The whole division of schools breeds contempt, that goes for all faith schools right enough. Nondenom schools teach about all religions impartially, it is part of your training to show that you can present the facts without showing your own faith. This is not the case elsewhere where they only teach there own faith and present it as the only choice. That cant be healthy. I once spoke with a RC, they were no bigot or football fan, and perhaps not the brightest, but during conversation it came out that they left school thinking that prods followed the devil.

You need to do certain courses as part of your teaching diploma and have the approval of a priest to work in a RC school, glasgow uni does these courses while Jordanhill does not. It is therefore generally understood that those interested in RC teaching get the prioroty there. In saying that my mate is a good prod, works in a nondenom school, though studied at glasgow.

The whole division of schools breeds contempt, that goes for all faith schools right enough. Nondenom schools teach about all religions impartially, it is part of your training to show that you can present the facts without showing your own faith. This is not the case elsewhere where they only teach there own faith and present it as the only choice. That cant be healthy. I once spoke with a RC, they were no bigot or football fan, and perhaps not the brightest, but during conversation it came out that they left school thinking that prods followed the devil.

Cheers (tu)

Heres an interesting article where I would suggest the Catholic Media Office almost fainted en masse when the Bishop made these comments.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2274383.stm

Catholic education is "divisive" and contributes to the problem of "sectarianism", according to a Scottish bishop.

But Joseph Devine, Bishop of Motherwell, told the Sunday Herald newspaper it was sometimes "a price worth paying".

A price worth paying?

Does that mean generations of sectarianism? And who exactly is "paying the price"? The taxpayer? The victims of sectarian violence?

Can you say Rangers FC are "divisive"?

They are a joke and make non catholic teachers go to all the mass stuff and that. I know at a primary in fife that a kid was sent home for wearing a rangers top but a lot of others wearing Celtic tops had nothing said to them.

I firmly believe this does cause a lot of the problems in Scotland

They are a joke and make non catholic teachers go to all the mass stuff and that. I know at a primary in fife that a kid was sent home for wearing a rangers top but a lot of others wearing Celtic tops had nothing said to them.

I firmly believe this does cause a lot of the problems in Scotland

I know a guy who married an RC and they sent their kid to an RC school.

He was summonsed into the headmasters office one day and he was worried about what might have happened to his kid.

There was no problem with his child - the problem was he came to pick his daughter up a couple of times with a Rangers polo shirt on and the Head asked if he could wear something else as he had received complaints.

This was despite lots of Celtc and Oirland tops being worn by loads of other parents picking their kids up.

It really is an unbelievable situation now in this country.