Birmingham set for battle with Rangers to secure signing of David Goodwillie

ibroxgers25

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15/16 months left of his deal i believe mate. Contract runs out same time as Bougherra and Davis.

Utd have publically named their price, they wanted £1m with 18 months to go on his contract, with 6 months less come the summer, maybe 750k?

:)

Fuckin hell! Has Thompson got soft lately or does he think Goodwillie is damaged goods since his last run-in with the law?

The last I heard before his rape charge was that Thompson had slapped a £3-4million price tag on his head.

Fuckin hell! Has Thompson got soft lately or does he think Goodwillie is damaged goods since his last run-in with the law?

The last I heard before his rape charge was that Thompson had slapped a £3-4million price tag on his head.

£1m mate. The deal should have been done and dusted last year.

(tu)

This should be in the Bears Den.

I reckon if Goodwillie had a choice between Birmingham and us, he'd choose us. Even if Birmingham offered a better wage package than we did.

Unfortunately cash is king

Any Agent would advise him to join brum based purely on money

I'd be careful about players that look good at other SPL clubs. Steven Naismith was easily the best young player around and took years to find any sort of form. So many other players have looked good at poor SPL sides then awful at the old firm. In fact, few of the players to make the step up have left any sort of mark in recent years. Then again, it could also be argued that the majority of our foreign signings are also poor.

I'd only be signing other SPL players if they really, really stand out and I'm not sure about Goodwillie. We need to be looking more at countries like Iceland which appear to have an abundance of top talent coming through. The problem is the scouting infrastructure is just not in place and I wouldn't have much faith in John Brown knowing much about these nations...

Why would Birmingham offer double what we would offer ?

Just because they have a bit of money doesn't mean they are going to be offering him 40k a week jesus :lol:

We will probably offer similar wage packets and if they offer more it will more than likely be a couple of grand.

Sign him up !

Based on what?!

Based on my opinion . Ok he may be a decent spl striker , and is no doubt in good form at the moment . But there have been plenty stories over the last few years for me to build an opinion on the guy . And in my opinion , I don't want the wee ned at rangers .

Why would Birmingham offer double what we would offer ?

Just because they have a bit of money doesn't mean they are going to be offering him 40k a week jesus :lol:

We will probably offer similar wage packets and if they offer more it will more than likely be a couple of grand.

Sign him up !

They offered miller just less than double the salary we could afford.

Iirc we offered 15/16k pw

Brum offered 26/27

Based on my opinion . Ok he may be a decent spl striker , and is no doubt in good form at the moment . But there have been plenty stories over the last few years for me to build an opinion on the guy . And in my opinion , I don't want the wee ned at rangers .

Diouf certainly isn't an angel either but if a player can offer something to the team then I'd back them.

I'm not saying Diouf has been outstanding or anything, I just think I'd spend a wage on goodwillie b4 Diouf for next season

Brum offered 26/27

aye but that's a bit different considering they were trying to entice him away from us and he ended up going for even more than they offered. Plus Miller was playing at a big club, has a wealth of experience and had scored a load of goals. Goodwillie plays for a shite team and could easily be the next Derek Riordan or *insert token decent spl attacker who is pish at higher level*

Charges have not been dropped and is still expected to appear in court later this year, although no date has been set.

As I thought. That being the case, we wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, and rightly so. Even if these charges disappear/he's found not guilty, trouble seems to follow him around.

Diouf certainly isn't an angel either but if a player can offer something to the team then I'd back them.

I'm not saying Diouf has been outstanding or anything, I just think I'd spend a wage on goodwillie b4 Diouf for next season

I don't see Goodwillie ever scoring over 20 goals for his country, scoring in a world cup or performing well in the likes of Le Ligue 1 and the EPL.

As I thought. That being the case, we wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, and rightly so. Even if these charges disappear/he's found not guilty, trouble seems to follow him around.

As with all too many Scottish footballers and many English too. The whole of British football needs to get a grip and approach the game differently. If Lionel Messi was British he'd probably be more interested in getting pished and starting fights than winning champions leagues.

Brum offered 26/27

Nowhere near the same.

Miller is an international striker who has proved himself.

Goodwillie plays for Dundee United.

Also Miller played with us and they were trying to entice him away from us.

I'd agree that I'd take him before diouf , who I never wanted near our club either . But given the choice I'd prefer neither . I have no doubts what so ever that there are better players out there for the same kind of money that would offer far less of a risk than goodwillie .

As with all too many Scottish footballers and many English too. The whole of British football needs to get a grip and approach the game differently. If Lionel Messi was British he'd probably be more interested in getting pished and starting fights than winning champions leagues.

If Messi was Scottish, it's up for debate as to whether he would even have made it to the professional ranks!