Birmingham set for battle with Rangers to secure signing of David Goodwillie

ibroxgers25

ALEX McLEISH is on a collision course with his pal Ally McCoist over Dundee United striker David Goodwillie.

Rangers boss in-waiting McCoist is a big admirer of the Arabs hitman and has identified him as a key part of his rebuilding plans at Ibrox.

But Birmingham gaffer McLeish wants the controversial frontman too.

Eck is on the lookout for a new striker with club stalwart Kevin Phillips poised to celebrate his 39th birthday by the time the new season kicks off.

The Brum boss missed out on Rangers' Kenny Miller during the January transfer window but will look again at Goodwillie.

The battle could come down to cash. McCoist can pull in much-needed transfer revenue by selling keeper Allan McGregor, who has been linked with Bursaspor and Arsenal.

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/rangers/2011/03/27/birmingham-set-for-battle-with-rangers-to-secure-signing-of-david-goodwillie-86908-23019770/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be in the Bears Den.

I reckon if Goodwillie had a choice between Birmingham and us, he'd choose us. Even if Birmingham offered a better wage package than we did.

given the chance he would bite your arm off to play for us,staunch bluenose from the raploch in stirling.

If he's offered twice the money to play down south he'll bite their arm off. If you seriously think he'd take much lower wages to play for us then you're deluding yourself.

That must be a recent development because he hired a lawyer just last month, Paul McBride no less!

<cr>

Cant find anything about it being dropped online. No stories about it.

I'm sure I read that they'd been dropped.

I remember responding in a thread to the breaking news that the police had dismissed the woman's claims.

I'm sure I read that they'd been dropped.

I remember responding in a thread to the breaking news that the police had dismissed the woman's claims.

I dont think they have.

I too have read that they had, but it was only by posters on here saying so.

I didnt know there was breaking news about the police dismissing claims, surely that would have made the press?

<cr>

If he's offered twice the money to play down south he'll bite their arm off. If you seriously think he'd take much lower wages to play for us then you're deluding yourself.

(tu)

I was under the impression that Goodwillie signed an extended contract in 2009,as his original contract ran out in May 2010.

If we have to battle a transfer fee with that cunt Thompson, we have no chance,especially if the freckled one is determined to get him.

But we can only but try.

I was under the impression that Goodwillie signed an extended contract in 2009,as his original contract ran out in May 2010.

If we have to battle a transfer fee with that cunt Thompson, we have no chance,especially if the freckled one is determined to get him.

But we can only but try.

i know the epl has lot more money and can give out bigger wages but were would Goodwillie rather go to a club that wins cups every season ( us) or a club that figths to stay in epl every season and were lucky to win the carling cup

i know the epl has lot more money and can give out bigger wages but were would Goodwillie rather go to a club that wins cups every season ( us) or a club that figths to stay in epl every season and were lucky to win the carling cup

On a normal train of thought,Goodwillie would probably want to come to Rangers, win trophies galore and be a hero forever more...Unfortunately! when vast sums of money are mentioned, players brains seem to go into orbit and end up regretting it down the track...as we know very well the past season or so.

But we can only but try.

15/16 months left of his deal i believe mate. Contract runs out same time as Bougherra and Davis.

Utd have publically named their price, they wanted £1m with 18 months to go on his contract, with 6 months less come the summer, maybe 750k?

:)