Mohammed Ali !

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolt will win multiple Olympic titles. He's already won 3 Olympic golds, as well as 3 World Championship titles.

He will lower his PB further in both disciplines, and will go onto secure the 400m world record.

Once he does that, there is no doubting who the greatest sportsman is.

If he does then sure, he enters the argument. By multiple I mean champion of multiple Olympic games and world championships, i.e many years.

At this point though it's only speculation.

Bolt himself admits he doesn't train as hard as he should and takes things for granted

Watched a documentary with Michael johnson visiting him training and he said he had to work for everything he got unlike bolt who's just a freak of nature

Imagine bolt put the effort in that Johnson did, Jesus he would be even better which is hard to think would be possible

I'm not arguing against what your are saying, but who would you say was better?

I would argue that Larry Holmes was the best Heavyweight champion i have seen but seeing as how he fought Ali when he was ill he will never be regarded as highly as he should be.

And it was a disgrace when he lost his last fight on points to Spinks so that he wouldn't break Marciano's record of title defences.

At his peak i think Holmes would have outboxed and outsmarted Ali no problem.

Ok sorry, but off the top of my head.

Ray Robinson

Ray leonard

Roberto Duran

Pernell Whitaker

Willy pep

Tommy hearns

Marvin hagler

Muhammad Ali

Joe louis

Manny pac

Alexis arguello

Julio cesar Chavez

Archie Moore

Ezzard charles

Larry Holmes

How many is that can't see on my phone, while writing. That's off my head if I had a magazine or something there would be more, probably. Only Jcc and prob Holmes are debatable I'd say.

His legacy was tarnished when he fought Ray Leonard imo.

'no mas'

What do I care ?

We I for one like to see champions win with respect

Joe Frazier was in a real war with Ali for those fights , probably the greatest fight ever when Ali was on the verge of quitting on his stool before fraziers corner pulled him out but he still had no class

The things he said pre and post fight was a disgrace, frazier was a gentleman and is now sleeping on the floor of a gym where Ali gets lauded with this greatest tag

Don't get me started on the name changing and the nation of Islam pish and turning his back on his country

He was the greatest at trash talking but he never even remained undefeated like Marciano etc

Look at robinsons record and you will see who the greatest was

"Joe Frazier, I'll tell the world right now, brings out the best in me. I'm gonna tell ya, that's one helluva man, and God bless him."

His legacy was tarnished when he fought Ray Leonard imo.

'no mas'

Really? In his prime age and weight (lightweight) Duran was almost invincible, widely regarded as the best lightweight in history. Moves up beats leonard silly then gets outboxed and quits. Fights years past his prime in divisions he has no business being in, whilst defeating young lions, despite being only a fraction of the champ he once was.

Probably the best lightweight in history, the best Latino in history and likely in most experts top 5 all time.

There are a few people on that list who's position could be debated, Duran IMO is not even close to being one.