Rangers fans split over outgoing owner David Murray's legacy at Ibrox

Ace

I hate to say it, but the skilful work of the tims in the media not only watched it with glee but made anyone who dared defend us or the traditions look like small minded bigots living in the past.

While that mhob were and still are singing ancient songs about 'no protestants at all' with not so much as a word said.

Neither of them could have done it on their own, but Murray and the mhedia have done it together.

The thing is though, at the time we could have as fans made our feeling abundantly clear at games. We didn't, we just rolled over and let SDM play us like a fiddle.

Even now, we are still playing along to his tune.

The thing is though, at the time we could have as fans made our feeling abundantly clear at games. We didn't, we just rolled over and let SDM play us like a fiddle.

Even now, we are still playing along to his tune.

Problem being though, the media were all too happy to paint us as bigots if we dared do that, which was playing into his hands.

Like I said, we as fans could have survived either separately, but not both together.

Imagine we'd had a strong chairman to stand up to the media when they started this shite years ago?

We'd be far better off as a fanbase today.

Problem being though, the media were all too happy to paint us as bigots if we dared do that, which was playing into his hands.

Like I said, we as fans could have survived either separately, but not both together.

Imagine we'd had a strong chairman to stand up to the media when they started this shite years ago?

We could have done more though, we could have stood up against our Chairman.

We always seem to underestimate the power of us fans... If we really wanted we could have forced him out. But we stood back and watch it all unfold. SDM has had a easy ride as our chairman even though he's took us to the brink on two separate occasions and ripped the heart out of the club, and not to mentioned turned us against each other.

We can go on about the media, but we could have used it to our advantage by turning the screw against him.

Through the increase in ST's and the associated price hikes, he also engineered the fanbase into what he wanted, i.e. the sit down, shut up, buy the merchandise for the family type of fan. It will be a great day for The Rangers when he leaves, regardless of how good or bad his successor is.

We could have done more though, we could have stood up against our Chairman.

We always seem to underestimate the power of us fans... If we really wanted we could have forced him out. But we stood back and watch it all unfold. SDM has had a easy ride as our chairman even though he's took us to the brink on two separate occasions and ripped the heart out of the club, and not to mentioned turned us against each other.

We can go on about the media, but we could have used it to our advantage by turning the screw against him.

Agree with all of that, save the last point.

Once certain elements in the media saw they could call us sectarian bigots and get away with it, it was and has been open season on us as a fanbase since.

"He backed Souness, Smith, Advocaat and Le Guen financially and it was only when McLeish came in that he reined himself in.

Eh? Eck came before Le Guen and was backed much more financially.

Times may be tough, but someone's legacy shouldn't be destroyed just because they got carried away chasing the dream.

To be fair, after all that he gave us up until Advocaat, how have the fans repaid him?

Murray and Smith asked us to behave and not bring any negative press to the club, yet we attacked a bus in Spain, didn't behave ourselves in Romania - even if it was the police's fault, ran riot and destroyed the city of Manchester on what should have been a proud night for the club when most of Europe was watching, and we continue to sing ill natured songs which allow the press to attack us at every opportunity.

People will say that reports of these incidents are just the press picking on us but would it really be so hard not to do these things and give the press nothing to write about??

Times may be tough, but someone's legacy shouldn't be destroyed just because they got carried away chasing the dream.

To be fair, after all that he gave us up until Advocaat, how have the fans repaid him?

Murray and Smith asked us to behave and not bring any negative press to the club, yet we attacked a bus in Spain, didn't behave ourselves in Romania - even if it was the police's fault, ran riot and destroyed the city of Manchester on what should have been a proud night for the club when most of Europe was watching, and we continue to sing ill natured songs which allow the press to attack us at every opportunity.

People will say that reports of these incidents are just the press picking on us but would it really be so hard not to do these things and give the press nothing to write about??

Give it a fucking rest. Murray and Smith can get to fuck trying to tell us what we can and can't sing. As for your thoughts on your fellow(?) fans........I'd expect that from a taig.

It is fans like you that give people all the help they need to attack our club.

Deary me...thats a vey high horse your on.

I dont think Rangers fans are split on SDM i think its more we love and hate the guy at the same time. Even then hate is too strong a word in my eyes...

We have to remember aw the sucess he brought to us from 9 in a row era tae Uefa cup finals and great runs in Europe. Hes spent plenty and lossed on a few occasions and knows his footballing business hence why hes scared to invest any more money, probably cause he doesnt have that much left and most of its assets these days?

The only thing i dont like about the guy is the club has been starving for investment and over the years turned away potential buyers from alleged African bussinessmen etc...

What fellow bears have to remember his personal businesses have took a major downfall hence why hes so wary of investing further of his own money and wanting to take his own profits back which any of us would do if we were making money again.

I'll be 100% glad he has moved on and new owners come in whether they do a worse job or not cause i reckon soon as the debts are cleared we'll progress and if we slide away they'll be forced to sell us for less and hopefully into better hands - worst case senario.

BUT IN MY EYES SDM WILL FOREVER BE A RANGERS LEGEND!! :crabflute:

Deary me...thats a vey high horse your on.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that isn't how decent, respectable human beings are supposed to act.

Everyone goes on about Smith being a true gent and having class, but I bet you'd never see him behaving that way, eh? Just because he's a respectable figure doesn't mean the fans should act like morons to balance it out.

Would it really be so much to ask for a large percentage of our support to follow his lead?

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that isn't how decent, respectable human beings are supposed to act.

Everyone goes on about Smith being a true gent and having class, but I bet you'd never see him behaving that way, eh? Just because he's a respectable figure doesn't mean the fans should act like morons to balance it out.

Would it really be so much to ask for a large percentage of our support to follow his lead?

Since when did we start appointing moral guardians to tell us what is allowed?