Did Alastair Johnston ask Lloyds for £20m more debt?

boss

Have to be careful with my wording here for obvious reasons, but did AJ recently ask Lloyds for a further £20m of debt?

If so, was he chased?

Would that be the actions of a prudent chairman who was determined to learn from previous mistakes?

How would increasing our debt by £20m fit in with AJ's plan to reduce debt? :rolleyes:

If this did indeed happen, has he told Darrell about it yet? If not, why not?

Is AJ really being honest with the supporters, or is he just trying to give that impression, or is he a liar?

These are just some of the questions that we should be asking.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt he also wanting a certain BUSinessman to step up to the plate and invest money and take more responsibility? :sherlock:

You mean AJ is actually trying behind the scenes to scupper the Whyte deal? :sherlock:

Isnt he also wanting a certain BUSinessman to step up to the plate and invest money and take more responsibility? :sherlock:

I also heard this but he would only be responsible for the COACHING side of things..............................................:anguish:

He has said his hands were tied with Lloyds bank, they were unwilling to even speak to himself or Martin Bain. So I doubt he asked them for £20million debt extension.

He said that was the position for the first six months. What happened more recently than that?

He said that was the position for the first six months. What happened more recently than that?

Well he said the bank was unwilling to even take into consideration, of tying up contracts for the likes of Bougherra etc. So if that's the case, why would he ask for a £20 million debt extension.

He also said... He tried to ask SDM to remove Muir and the bank interests on the board. As he was the one that had the power to do it. AJ was only a chairman in name only, the real person that was running the club was SDM appointment to the board Donald Muir.

AJ and Bain seem to be the fall guys here.

I also heard this but he would only be responsible for the COACHING side of things..............................................:anguish:

He wants to see good things on the Park, bottom line :sherlock:

@Boss, wouldnt surprise me at all. If we as fans have doubts and havent seen what AJ and co have put before them, then perhaps they have their doubts too.

I'm not sure if AJ did ask for more debt facilities.

It may however be the casre that if the takeover goes ahead, that the existing facilities of approx £20 million woudl remain in place in the event of us requiring them in the future. If that is the case, that is, in my view, a pretty prudent move in the event we were to require to borrow in order to carry out large costly tasks (e.g. squad or stadium maintenance) post takevover which is lhighly likely.

Having the existing facility in place would allow us to get our hands on extra cash more quickly and by retaining our existing borrowinfacilities he would leave an incoming owner with more flexibility on how to manage the club's finances. I wouldn't expect that we would remain a debt-free club for long even if the takevoer goes ahead as most clubs have some degree of debt and for the most part can operate with this quite easily. It has only been our bank's recent concern about our ability to service our debt facilities that has resulted in the recent (and I would argue over the top) sanctions being placed on the club

So is anyone going to give any indication of where this has come from?

I can write random stuff too.

Is it true that Rod Hull left money in his will to Martin Bain, and Bain used it to buy Jelavic?

He wants to see good things on the Park, bottom line :sherlock:

@Boss, wouldnt surprise me at all. If we as fans have doubts and havent seen what AJ and co have put before them, then perhaps they have their doubts too.

I think we're CLUTCHING at straws here now tae find a buyer. :rolleyes:

1. So is anyone going to give any indication of where this has come from?

2. I can write random stuff too.

3. Is it true that Rod Hull left money in his will to Martin Bain, and Bain used it to buy Jelavic?

1. No

2. Agreed

3. That's what Darrell told me. :lol:

I think we're CLUTCHING at straws here now tae find a buyer. :rolleyes:

Don't want to brake into your conversation but I think we've exhausted most puns. Or have we?