UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

Well that's it in a nutshell,the 'They sing worse than us' argument just supports the fact that we are being picked on as a club IMO.

Honestly, I don't think we are getting picked on. We have been told not to sing these songs but we do. So we are going to get negative attention.

What we should be doing is taking them to court and proving that what we are singing is OK, and not sectarian.

Course they are - but the fact remains that this is hurting the club.

If you want to cut the nose off to spite the face then carry on. At least we will know who to blame.

How about our club making a real stand on the issue ? it seems to have worked for them.

You seem to rule out all other options.

If the club think that throwing it onto the the fans laps is the easiest route, then I can see 2 outcomes, either the big fines (as you rightly point out), or a stadium so empty it will make those fines seem like a drop in the bucket.

You see the majority of the responses on here, and I doubt we are even close to representing the most hardcore element of our support.

Careful what you (and some lackeys at our club) wish for, that cutting your nose off can work both ways.

This isn't about Celtic though. This is about sanctions against us playing a game of football in the Netherlands.

Yes sanctions which can only be made only if a UEFA delegate or the referee make a complaint which they never. Why do we let the mhedia and co run all over us like this?

Honestly, I don't think we are getting picked on. We have been told not to sing these songs but we do. So we are going to get negative attention.

What we should be doing is taking them to court and proving that what we are singing is OK, and not sectarian.

Do you seriously think that you can go to court and state that 'Fenion Bastards' is not sectrian and win?

Was it NBM or the Scottish Executive which tipped you over the edge?

The matter of knowing catholic guys that follow Rangers and sing these songs with gusto!!

They are bigoted against their own religion now :lol:

I think Nil By Mouth is Jim Torbett's organization though and should be renamed 'Plenty By Arse'

The witchhunt against this club is as obvious as Michael Barrymore asking you if you fancy a swim in his pool.

Still,we're the bigots eh.

Yes sanctions which can only be made only if a UEFA delegate or the referee make a complaint which they never. Why do we let the mhedia and co run all over us like this?

It dosen't have to be in a match report for it to be reported. Thats been proven many times in Europe in the past, Serie A being the best choice of comparisson.

The matter of knowing catholic guys that follow Rangers and sing these songs with gusto!!

I think Nil By Mouth is Jim Torbett's organization though and should be renamed 'Plenty By Arse'

The witchhunt against this club is as obvious as Michael Barrymore asking you if you fancy a swim in his pool.

You will be up in court for offending murder suspect gays, if you are not careful.

If i see you criticise anyone from the mhankys about being paranoid, i will refer that post to you (tu)

My dad made a good point. The songs we sing are not sectarian as they are about the defence of our country against rebel fighters who aim to cause terror to achieve political goals. Therefore as much as their songs may well be political they are not legitimate as the IRA lost their legitimacy with the public when they started bombing civillians. And the word fenian does not represent a catholic as such it is merely a rebel fighter from the time meaning what we are singing is legit as we are in support of our sons who fought for this great country!

UEFA delegate didn't report it though mate?

No matter what we do we will get negative attention as Speirs and that other cunt sit wanking at our games.

I totally agree we should take it to them,that's what I want,

It dosen't have to be in a match report for it to be reported. Thats been proven many times in Europe in the past, Serie A being the best choice of comparisson.

Is there definately no UEFA policy for this, if not then i eat my words lol however it does not take away the fact that if the people with most authority during the match did not hear anything unsavoury then someone is definately at it.

With the sole intention of being offended?

I bet the people in question can't even remember the score or the team line ups

When I switch on Frankie Boyle I know what I'm going to get

I rip the pish out of most things but even his Tramadol nights got me blushing - talk about close to the edge!

Fenian is a derogitory term which MANY people in this country find offensive.

Wether you find it offensive or not is a totally differen't matter.

Again, i posted this, as opposed to your "side sway" as you put it.

A bit of reading and not jumping in at the deep end would be appreciated (tu)

I find the Roman Catholic church offensive, can I have it banned?

If this is how our society is going, banning things because someone finds it offensive then God or Walter help us.

The word has been used for decades without offense. It's not like N*gger (notice I didn't fully spell it,it might offend) which has a specific meaning to a particular race.

They call us h*** will we now see this added to the English dictonary as a derogatory word for Rangers fans?

Fenian is a derogitory term which MANY people in this country find offensive.

Wether you find it offensive or not is a totally differen't matter.

Again, i posted this, as opposed to your "side sway" as you put it.

A bit of reading and not jumping in at the deep end would be appreciated (tu)

How many? :sherlock:

I dont think it is either derogatory or offensive. Indeed those who do take umbrage at it should be mocked and ridiculed, not the other way about. Similar to those who are offended by songs, those are the idiots who need to lighten up and get a life.

Not in reply to my post you didnt. (tu)

Stick and stones?

If this is how our society is going, banning things because someone finds it offensive then God or Walter help us.

The word has been used for decades without offense. It's not like N*gger (notice I didn't fully spell it,it might offend) which has a specific meaning to a particular race.

They call us h*** will we now see this added to the English dictonary as a derogatory word for Rangers fans?

:clap:

I find it ironic that the H word is not permitted on this board but Fenian is - I was surprised at that to be honest

How many? :sherlock:

I dont think it is either derogatory or offensive. Indeed those who do take umbrage at it should be mocked and ridiculed, not the other way about. Similar to those who are offended by songs, those are the idiots who need to lighten up and get a life.

Not in reply to my post you didnt. (tu)

Stick and stones?

How many? - Enough for the term to be considered derogitory.

I have a few Celtic fans who all find the term insulting, and i'm sure (god forbid) if i was to ever ask en mass the mhanks, most to all would say the same.

If you're going to deny that, then you're being naive, to the extent where it'd be worrying.

UEFA delegate didn't report it though mate?

No matter what we do we will get negative attention as Speirs and that other cunt sit wanking at our games.

I totally agree we should take it to them,that's what I want,

Didn't say UEFA reported it, just said negative attention. Like you say it could be Spiers or whoever. UEFA will have to act if it is brought to their attention.

Atheist's also find it insulting, thats religion, and has and will exist long after our days.