UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

What gets me as well is the fact that Scotland is pretty much where the reformation started. The English were pretty much slaves of the Romans and were very authoritarian, much like the Catholic Church are these days. Us Scots had to run to the Hills to practice our new found religion as the English would slaughter us. So why then, if Scotland is mostly protestant, over 80% then why do the minority whihc unbelievablly is the catholics get more of a say these days and get so much sympathy. The SNP are mostly protestant and seem to also be on the side of the catholics more as well. The worlds gone crazy!

Is there definately no UEFA policy for this, if not then i eat my words lol however it does not take away the fact that if the people with most authority during the match did not hear anything unsavoury then someone is definately at it.

If you're breaking UEFA guidelines,and its caught on whatever medium is broadcasting it, they will look to clarify the situation first, THEN decide if there is a problem.

For example, it took around what, 2 months after Villreal?

UEFA have heard or been made aware of our fans singing, and they will have evidence, that can be assured, and that worrys the HELL out of me.

Have a look into what Fenian actually means.

I know what it means, which is why I asked. It is a name associated in hostory with Irish republicans and as such, is sectarian when you you use it in the manner that is addressed in the song.

That said, and a point I made earlier, calling the standard Celtic fan a fenian is nothing but if you snarl at him that he is a fenian bastard and he does not know you from Adam, he will take offence.

You cannot expect to go to court and state that the song is not sectarian - you would lose, whether you think you were right or not.

With the sole intention of being offended?

I bet the people in question can't even remember the score or the team line ups

When I switch on Frankie Boyle I know what I'm going to get

I watch Celtic play in Europe with the sole intention of hoping my rivals get absolutley mauled, why shouldn't it be that way for them?

What's to say it was Celtic fans that got offended anyway? UEFA police their competition competently, and it wont surpise me if Spartak Moskva are the next team to be hit with sanctions.

At the end of the day though, We were warned several times, most recently by Platini, and our fans didn't adhere to the warnings.

Email UEFA then

Why?

Lots of people emailed Channel 4 i believe, as they are clearly in charge of what goes on their channel. I also believe the channel stuck by him - as did I, but he lost a lot of followers during that series.

Why?

Lots of people emailed Channel 4 i believe, as they are clearly in charge of what goes on their channel. I also believe the channel stuck by him - as did I, but he lost a lot of followers during that series.

Just as well he only slated disabled kids then amongst other things cos if he had sung the Billy boys he would be joining Hugh Dallas on the dole queue

How many? - Enough for the term to be considered derogitory.

I have a few Celtic fans who all find the term insulting, and i'm sure (god forbid) if i was to ever ask en mass the mhanks, most to all would say the same.

If you're going to deny that, then you're being naive, to the extent where it'd be worrying.

As opposed to not enough of us finding H**, d.o.b., soon there will be no Protestants, come join the IRA, FTQ, British soldiers go on home etc etc etc derogatory and/or offensive? :rolleyes:

If you're breaking UEFA guidelines,and its caught on whatever medium is broadcasting it, they will look to clarify the situation first, THEN decide if there is a problem.

For example, it took around what, 2 months after Villreal?

UEFA have heard or been made aware of our fans singing, and they will have evidence, that can be assured, and that worrys the HELL out of me.

That is quite worrying as who is providing this evidence then? It is going to get to the stage where the fans will be sitting in complete silence during games with tape over their mouths and tied to the chairs. Ibrox is bad enough for the atmosphere right now as it is, a few weeks back at the ST J game at home even the TBO gave up.

Anyone trying to argue if fenian is a sectarian word is a wee bit of an eejit to be honest. Tin hat on.

If you call somebody a Paki, it will be deemed a racist term. Despite the term Paki being a mere abbreviation of the nationality Pakistani.

Calling somebody a fenian, despite it orignally being a non-derogatory term, is clearly a sectarian slur. Whilst singing it at a football match is one thing, and not the same as calling somebody it in the street, we do use it and it could easily be seen as a "racist" term.

Whilst many black people use the term n***er as a slang between one another, and take no offense to it. I would like to see many people on hear who are trying to defend a word with a similar derogatory meaning, go and call a Scottish Catholic a "fenian" or a black person a "n***er".

Sometimes we just have to hold our hands up and accept that we're not always the angels we like to think, but my god I wouldn't have it any other way :crabflute:

As opposed to not enough of us finding H**, d.o.b., soon there will be no Protestants, come join the IRA, FTQ, British soldiers go on home etc etc etc derogatory and/or offensive? :rolleyes:

As i've said many times, wether you find these things insulting or not is your choice.

The problem right now is in regards to what WE have done though. Celtic have NOTHING to do with this issue, and you should stop deflecting the attention, because this is our club's responsobility.

That is quite worrying as who is providing this evidence then? It is going to get to the stage where the fans will be sitting in complete silence during games with tape over their mouths and tied to the chairs. Ibrox is bad enough for the atmosphere right now as it is, a few weeks back at the ST J game at home even the TBO gave up.

Why utter silence? We have alot of perfectly good songs to liven our atmosphere, tell me Follow Follow before the teams come out in Europe isn't an "atmosphere".

As i've said many times, wether you find these things insulting or not is your choice.

The problem right now is in regards to what WE have done though. Celtic have NOTHING to do with this issue, and you should stop deflecting the attention, because this is our club's responsobility.

Typical deny and deflect tactic. It is Celtic minded bigots who have brought this to Uefas attention. It has EVERYTHING to do with them, to think otherwise is absolute madness.

Double standards?

Stick and stones?

Who are the genuine oppressed ones?

What gets me as well is the fact that Scotland is pretty much where the reformation started. The English were pretty much slaves of the Romans and were very authoritarian, much like the Catholic Church are these days. Us Scots had to run to the Hills to practice our new found religion as the English would slaughter us. So why then, if Scotland is mostly protestant, over 80% then why do the minority whihc unbelievablly is the catholics get more of a say these days and get so much sympathy. The SNP are mostly protestant and seem to also be on the side of the catholics more as well. The worlds gone crazy!

A good question, and to answer it.

Our forefathers saw the danger in the RC church gaining control by the back door, that's why in the past no RC's could be elected to prominent positions of power.

Now we have them everywhere, Doctor Reid(death) is still a man with great influence and connections in the right places, I wouldn't be surprised if it was he, (with his political mind he sees our club's present situation as vulnerable), that a finger in this complaint,a takeover what's better than bad press? the tail is now starting to wag the dog.

It's our own fault and the decline of the Church of Scotland's influence on state matters

Typical deny and deflect tactic. It is Celtic minded bigots who have brought this to Uefas attention. It has EVERYTHING to do with them, to think otherwise is absolute madness.

Double standards?

Stick and stones?

Who are the genuine oppressed ones?

You can prove this yes? - On the logic your using, it'll have been Zenit/CSKA fans who reported Spartak fans for racisim?

It dosen't work two ways here. Racisim and Sectarianism will be tackled with the same punishments by UEFA.

We've been warned 3 times about this, and our fans ignore our warnings. We now have to deal with the consequences of these morons.

Anyone trying to argue if fenian is a sectarian word is a wee bit of an eejit to be honest. Tin hat on.

If you call somebody a Paki, it will be deemed a racist term. Despite the term Paki being a mere abbreviation of the nationality Pakistani.

Calling somebody a fenian, despite it orignally being a non-derogatory term, is clearly a sectarian slur. Whilst singing it at a football match is one thing, and not the same as calling somebody it in the street, we do use it and it could easily be seen as a "racist" term.

Whilst many black people use the term n***er as a slang between one another, and take no offense to it. I would like to see many people on hear who are trying to defend a word with a similar derogatory meaning, go and call a Scottish Catholic a "fenian" or a black person a "n***er".

Sometimes we just have to hold our hands up and accept that we're not always the angels we like to think, but my god I wouldn't have it any other way :crabflute:

Then can we no just call fenians niggers. <cr>