Gers players who couldn't stop scoring

Bud72

R.C. Hamilton against the micks.

Bob McPhail

Sam English

Fuck! you must be some age Sir!...I cannae even remember seeing those three play! :pipe:

Robert Hamilton had some record right enough,casey! (tu)

League games played... 164 >>>Goals scored...154

Total games played...209>>>Goals scored...184

Even Super would have loved that average :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck! you must be some age Sir!...I cannae even remember seeing those three play! :pipe:

I wasn't aware that his average was that impressive, just that he was the master against that lot. Cheers, Oz.

In my time,I'd select...

Willie Thornton....308/194

Johnny Hubbard the penalty magician....238/106

Billy Simpson....239/163

Ralph Brand....317/206

Max Murray....154/121

Jim Forrest....163/145

Ally McCoist....581/355

Kris Boyd (not including Celtic or Europe)....192/128

I wasn't aware that his average was that impressive, just that he was the master against that lot. Cheers, Oz.

I remember having a book of Rangers statistics way back in the mid 1950's,and this guy had a chapter in it about his scoring potential...apparently (according to the book) he was no goal poacher either,because his accuracy from distance was astounding.

It also said he scored fifteen goals for Scotland in eleven appearances...Ten of which was against Northern Ireland in four games...I bet they were glad when he fucked off. :lol:

I remember having a book of Rangers statistics way back in the mid 1950's,and this guy had a chapter in it about his scoring potential...apparently (according to the book) he was no goal poacher either,because his accuracy from distance was astounding.

It also said he scored fifteen goals for Scotland in eleven appearances...Ten of which was against Northern Ireland in four games...I bet they were glad when he fucked off. :lol:

No doubt! :D

Did Kitchenbrand not score a few?

No doubt! :D

Did Kitchenbrand not score a few?

The big Rhino didn't score too many,casey...But his average was as good as you could get.

In three seasons for us,he only played in 37 league and cup games and scored 30 goals.

His first season he played 28 league & cup games and bagged 26 goals.

I also remember the big fella score 5 goals against QotS in 1956 when the floodlights were switched on...That was some sight I can tell you. (tu)

The big Rhino didn't score too many,casey...But his average was as good as you could get.

In three seasons for us,he only played in 37 league and cup games and scored 30 goals.

His first season he played 28 league & cup games and bagged 26 goals.

I also remember the big fella score 5 goals against QotS in 1956 when the floodlights were switched on...That was some sight I can tell you. (tu)

It was that first season I was thinking of. A one season wonder.

Derek Parlane was another who found the net on a regular basis for us.

Marco Negri could have been the greatest of them all.

Parlane was a fantastic player he would be a sensation in the modern game he had everything in his locker he could score goals, he was good on the deck, good in the air, he could hold the ball up and he wasn't afraid to mix it up and he scored important goals not forgetting his five in one game against Dunfermline 74/75 I think it was "Parlane, Parlane born as the king of Ibrox park" do you remember that song :uk:

I found another one for you, Oz. Jimmy Fleming scored 268 in 295 games in a nine year period with us. Not too shabby.

I found another one for you, Oz. Jimmy Fleming scored 268 in 295 games in a nine year period with us. Not too shabby.

Not too shabby indeed,casey! Another guy I'd have loved to see on the park...Record 44 Scottish cup goals...Record most goals in a match for Rangers ( 9 ) and it was recorded he scored the most spectacular goal ever seen for the Rangers, when he "gained possession of the ball in defence,worked his way down the pitch,evading all attempts to tackle him and rifled the ball into the net in spectacular fashion!"

Now that would have been worth the admittance money alone to see stuff like that. :praise::praise: