rangersmedia articles

gunslinger

RangersMedia Articles  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the RangersMedia homepage opinion and news articles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither - please specify within the thread

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Commons has signed' was posted as fact - not Rab's fault it was incorrect, we've all made mistakes and I'm not blaming him but the point was, it was not factual.

I also wouldn't split hairs over 'complaining' about articles and 'argued like fuck' about them, but that's your call.

complaining is the likes of this thread, basically wanting something doen about said article etc

arguing like fuck is just that, not caring if the article stays or goes, just argue like fuck about it

as it stands i dont read all articles on here, espeically if we are linked with players, i prefer to wait until SSN confirms a player has signed before reading about it on here :lol:

complaining is the likes of this thread, basically wanting something doen about said article etc

arguing like fuck is just that, not caring if the article stays or goes, just argue like fuck about it

as it stands i dont read all articles on here, espeically if we are linked with players, i prefer to wait until SSN confirms a player has signed before reading about it on here :lol:

Like I said, you want to split hairs, its your call.

I'm with you on the last part though, the Jelavic thread is testament to that.

What is to stop you pulling together your own stance on the issue of the takeover, or anything else for that matter as an article? People writing articles of opinion is a 'problem'? Is it only a problem if you don't agree with it?

You know what we do in terms of the homepage, I'm sorry if you don't like it. I did take your point though and had a look at the last published articles accessable from the homepage - 18 articles

SPECULATION: Rangers linked with move for Ipswich defender

OPINION: Johnston's £25m "Cobbled-Together" Plan is Rejected

OPINION: Is all FARE in Love & War?

OPINION: The Conveyor Belt

OPINION: Hello, Hello, We Are The Silly Boys!

NEWS: Rangers face travel ban and behind closed doors matches

OPINION: We defend Ally and the players, time now to defend the fans

NEWS: Ayrshire Lionheart Naismith nominated for Player of the Year

NEWS: Rangers Post-Split Fixtures Announced

OPINION: A Portrait of Croatian Bicyles

OPINION: Devine or Divine Intervention?

OPINION: The BBC and Paul McBride QC

OPINION: Touring the airwaves

NEWS: Naismith sings praises of 'complete forward' Jelavic

NEWS: McCoist happy to forego friendship for points

YOUTH: Youth Update: Old Firm loss continues poor run

OPINION: Resilience, endurance and determination - the Rangers way

CHARITY: Rangers Charity Foundation Update

1 speculative news piece that included quotes from Ipswich manager on situation.

5 Rangers news articles

1 update from the Rangers Charity Foundation

1 youth match report

10 blogs/opinion pieces

I am more than happy with that as a spread of different types of articles that we are carrying. In fact, I'm very happy with it. Cheers for making me go and look at what we're doing, it's in fact better than I thought it was....

;)

I must say that, with regards to the recent article by boss, i believe most people found in misleading. I personally reported the article because of this, i think its wrong for anyone on here to post opinions yet dress them up as fact.

I only recently became a member on here although ive been visiting the site for quite some time. Im on here every day checking up on my teams news and reading opinions, points, and posts, and appreciate the work being done to keep us bears informed. But i do feel that articles such as boss' hinder the reputation of the site.

Still be here everyday right enough.

Its a fanzine site - where ALL the articles are anonomous, thus immediately get marked down in any credibility that they hold and any sensible reader understands this. Most readers can also spot the difference between and opinion and a fact. Although I do admit it can be kind of annoying when people state opinion as fact (and there are a few high profile posters on here who often post and have articles posted where they state opinion as fact) but so what it gets debate going.

All the articles are Rangers based (as opposed to some of the pseudo political / religious crap that gets posted on the forum about 'our' :craphead: way if life) and combined with not posting obviously slanderous, sectarian or downright stupid topics the RM editor (team ??) gets it about right IMHO. I even remember someone posting something I thought was just stupid and wrong and wrote an article in reply and that got posted (to my surprise I have to admit but it diid show a fairness I appreciated.

Guest Andypendek

I wrote:

Fair enough. Wait for the law or the tims to make the rules you have to live by, instead of implementing ones you are comfortable with yourself.

Redwhiteandblue replied:

As far as I'm aware, this site comes through Canada, so the police cant really do anything about it. Even if they could, they don't have the resources to deal with it. I'm happy with this site the way it is.

From today's news wires:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jOIT_w_0brTjg-60s4F22O0L_WPQ?docId=N0070681303461742217A

About raids on internet posters. It's not very big to say 'I told you so' but I am spot on about this subject. Get real, get moderating or get controlled by others. It may not be too late, but unless something is done in the next few months it wil be.

Guest therabbitt

I wrote:

Redwhiteandblue replied:

From today's news wires:

http://www.google.co...81303461742217A

About raids on internet posters. It's not very big to say 'I told you so' but I am spot on about this subject. Get real, get moderating or get controlled by others. It may not be too late, but unless something is done in the next few months it wil be.

We try to be as vigilant as we can with posts that appear on the forum but at the end of the day, it's tough to be able to moderate every post in every sub-forum.

If we were all getting paid for the stuff we do for RangersMedia and it was a full time job, then we would be able to moderate everything, as is, we simply can't. Nevertheless, we do have a great team with a breadth of different opinions on matters and we do our best to cut out crap from the site as soon as we see it. We do also rely on our membership to help us with use of the reporting function of the messageboard, and in general, that with the moderation team at present, I feel we cover it fairly well.

P.S Nice article ;)

Guest Andypendek

Those are fair points. I have to say that my beef is not with articles so much as posts, but this thread seemed as good a place as any to push those worries.

Your point about being paid is a good one. It would be pretty difficult to implement, but maybe a grant from those who are concerned with extreme postings online might allow someone to do such a job? While I can see the drawbacks - I would love to see the reaction to a FARE funded moderator - it would keep the wacko stuff to a minimum, shift the forum ever further from the socially illiterate, and most importantly of all show the world that the drive is being taken seriously, on this site at least. It would be a USP for Rangersmedia, but I remain unconvinced about the practicalities.

PS: Well, you did ask.

Guest therabbitt

Those are fair points. I have to say that my beef is not with articles so much as posts, but this thread seemed as good a place as any to push those worries.

Your point about being paid is a good one. It would be pretty difficult to implement, but maybe a grant from those who are concerned with extreme postings online might allow someone to do such a job? While I can see the drawbacks - I would love to see the reaction to a FARE funded moderator - it would keep the wacko stuff to a minimum, shift the forum ever further from the socially illiterate, and most importantly of all show the world that the drive is being taken seriously, on this site at least. It would be a USP for Rangersmedia, but I remain unconvinced about the practicalities.

PS: Well, you did ask.

I like to think that I am fair moderator, I can't imagine us ever having a FARE moderator.

If the police or government want to pay us to moderate the forum then they are more than welcome!

Guest Andypendek

Well, it would be a practical step. I don't see how, if they were asked, they would be able to refuse and still say they were taking the issue seriously.

I quite like the idea, now. If it comes to anything I want the job.

Guest Andypendek
First Minister Alex Salmond said there should be "no hiding place" for those responsible for sectarian abuse on the internet.

He said: "We also have to have key legal changes which make convictions in that area, because of corroboration, more possible, but we have already done that for different types of offences, for example sex crimes through the internet.

"It can certainly be done for sectarian crime."

I don't know why anyone bothers to argue with me, I'm always right.

I even remember someone posting something I thought was just stupid and wrong and wrote an article in reply and that got posted (to my surprise I have to admit but it diid show a fairness I appreciated.

I think that is a defining characteristic of RM, or at least we try to make it so, which is a very good thing indeed. (tu)

I have even updated my signature accordingly...