Season Tickets and the..........

thebooler

So the Season Ticket renewals are out, and I've just had a wee read through all the legalities and Terms & Conditions that go along with these kinda things.

I must say, I'm very surprised that there's no mention of this list of "banned" songs in there?

Would this not have been the perfect opportunity for the club to convey to the Season Ticket holders, just what songs they're allowed to sing, and what songs they're not allowed to sing?

Why the hell do the club make it so difficult for us fans?

Send us all a list of the "banned" songs and let us know if they are "banned" or "illegal" and then maybe, just maybe, we'll be in a position to do as the club wishes.

In other words, keep it simple.

Thats like asking the cops for a list of things it's illegal to steal.

Wise up guys, we know what shouldn't be sung and the bother the club gets into if we do.

Proving the tims right isn't the way to beat them. Thats just playing right into their hands.

Be canny, sing stuff they can't greet about and get it right up them.

Wise up guys, we know what shouldn't be sung and the bother the club gets into if we do.

Proving the tims right isn't the way to beat them. Thats just playing right into their hands.

So tell us please. Which songs are banned?

The club have yet to be told what songs are banned!

According to the Press, both Rangers FC and celticfc were given a list of "banned" songs by Strathclyde's Chief Constable a couple of weeks ago?

Unless I've been dreaming. :sherlock:

Maybe you can produce the list of "banned" or "illegal" songs then?

Thanks in advance. (tu)

I'm sure it was Keevins or someone similar saying the police were handing a list over but I don't think the list ever materialised. I know Frankie recently asked a list and was told there wasn't one.

Ye could be right.

I was sure I read it somewhere that the list had actually been handed over.

Frankie's usually right though (clever cunt) so I'll take yer word for it.

According to the Press, both Rangers FC and celticfc were given a list of "banned" songs by Strathclyde's Chief Constable a couple of weeks ago?

Unless I've been dreaming. :sherlock:

Seem to remember that, not sure if they had been given them or if they were going to give them a list.

Ye could be right.

I was sure I read it somewhere that the list had actually been handed over.

Frankie's usually right though (clever cunt) so I'll take yer word for it.

POLICE will issue the Old Firm with a list of banned songs as they begin their biggest crackdown on sectarianism.

Both Celtic and Rangers will be asked to distribute the list to fans and ask them to stop singing them.

The banned songs are thought to include The Famine Song, The Billy Boys and other tunes that glorify terror groups such as the IRA and UDA.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/04/03/police-chiefs-give-celtic-and-rangers-list-of-banned-songs-in-sectarian-crackdown-86908-23035258/

Load of shite mate, never happened (tu)

Cheers for that buddy.

Why then are the club not "reminding" the Police Force that they're still awaiting this list?

A very good question, one we'd all like an answer to. As soon as that list is produced, or they officially refuse to issue a list, this problem will go away. Either we all (I mean all fans of all clubs) stop singing the songs which we know - in black and white - are banned, or there are no banned songs.

A very good question, one we'd all like an answer to. As soon as that list is produced, or they officially refuse to issue a list, this problem will go away. Either we all (I mean all fans of all clubs) stop singing the songs which we know - in black and white - are banned, or there are no banned songs.

Is it possible that the polis law advisors are having kittens at the thought of criminalising songs? That by doing so, may cause more issues than the legal system could cope with?

Is it possible that the polis law advisors are having kittens at the thought of criminalising songs? That by doing so, may cause more issues than the legal system could cope with?

There's no doubt about it.

And our club don't seem to be able to see this, and act on it.

I've sent this off to Strathclyde Police............................................................

To Whom it may Concern,

I have recently received my Season Ticket renewal forms from Rangers FC and I was wondering if the list of "banned" songs has been compiled yet by Strathclyde Police, and handed over to all of Scotland's football clubs. This "list" being produced will have a bearing on my decision as to whether I renew my Season Ticket or not, as I am starting to find the whole situation very confusing, as are thousands of others.

If this list has been compiled, would it be possible to have a copy to enable me to make a decision on whether I shall renew my ticket or not?

Kindest Regards

we need the opposite of the "wee blue book" to tell us what not to sing.

any confusion though, just avoid any songs that aren't about supporting the rangers, but instead are aimed at winding the manky mob up. lets get to the end of the season without anymore controversy or bad publicity for the club.

I've sent this off to Strathclyde Police............................................................

To Whom it may Concern,

I have recently received my Season Ticket renewal forms from Rangers FC and I was wondering if the list of "banned" songs has been compiled yet by Strathclyde Police, and handed over to all of Scotland's football clubs. This "list" being produced will have a bearing on my decision as to whether I renew my Season Ticket or not, as I am starting to find the whole situation very confusing, as are thousands of others.

If this list has been compiled, would it be possible to have a copy to enable me to make a decision on whether I shall renew my ticket or not?

Kindest Regards

Would love to hear there reply,if you get one that is (tu)

Yep.

To Whom it may Concern,

Kindest Regards

Let us know how you get on mate (tu)