SPL Talent

honz_ftp

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If people think there's no outstanding talent in the SPL, you need to wonder about the talent in our own team that's regularly shown up by them.

I think we fall victim to a combination of game raising and overconfidence, rather than other teams in the SPL genuinely having big talents in their squad. Outwith ourselves and C*ltic, I don't think you could build an 18 from the other sides who'd even come close to challenging for the title.

Just as I'm sure Manchester United wouldn't have taken anyone from the Burnley side who beat them, I wouldn't necessarily bring in anyone from every side who beats us in the SPL.

Why's this taig fuck not been banned yet?

I could tell immediately he was one before I even noticed that.

1690 or FTP in name? Check

Low post count? Check

Types like a retard? Check

mate u need to geta fuckin grip fuckin bellend. Just cause i dont post alot doesnt meen iam a tim i dont need to justify myself to u ya dick if u dont like it dont comment.

Anyone hear the boy on radio Clyde mention James McFadden? Rumour to be interested. :BELM:

They were unsure if he was on a Bosman.

I met him years ago when he was about to leave Motherwell and he told me (in good humour) that we were the one team he would NEVER want to play for.

mate u need to geta fuckin grip fuckin bellend. Just cause i dont post alot doesnt meen iam a tim i dont need to justify myself to u ya dick if u dont like it dont comment.

Makes sense. Lets ban debates and arguments and force people only to respond to things they like and agree with. That would be a productive way to keep the forum running, wouldn't it.

Saying you'd like Rangers to sign a player because he's a bit rapey is the work of either an idiot, or a bog standard Tim.

Anyone hear the boy on radio Clyde mention James McFadden? Rumour to be interested. :BELM:

I met him years ago when he was about to leave Motherwell and he told me (in good humour) that we were the one team he would NEVER want to play for.

woodnt want him anyway constantly injured

Theres a few cracking talents in the SPL if i'm being honest, Goodwillie definately but Murphy and others like Hutchison, Skacel, Eremenko, Vaz Te (been impressed with him so far), Magennis, Gomis, Buaben and the Forrester lad who was on loan from Villa at Killie!

no thanks (td)

Makes sense. Lets ban debates and arguments and force people only to respond to things they like and agree with. That would be a productive way to keep the forum running, wouldn't it.

Saying you'd like Rangers to sign a player because he's a bit rapey is the work of either an idiot, or a bog standard Tim.

was a joke ya knob if i obviously didnt realise i had to be totally serious with everyword i said i think u can clearly see it was a joke. if u look at any of my past post ull see that iam a big admirer of goodwillie.

I was looking through an out of contract player list earlier and thought to myself I was surprised I hadn't heard us or them linked to him by now

was a joke ya knob if i obviously didnt realise i had to be totally serious with everyword i said i think u can clearly see it was a joke. if u look at any of my past post ull see that iam a big admirer of goodwillie.

At least we know what to get you for Christmas.

I was looking through an out of contract player list earlier and thought to myself I was surprised I hadn't heard us or them linked to him by now

If he is on Bosman then I would take a punt however, his wages may be significant? Given his injury problems i'm not convinced £20k a week or whatever it may be would be wisely spent on him. If kept fit then I think he would do really well and feed off Jelavic pretty well.

Didn't notice the bit I put in bold eh?

At least someone with such a high post count can vouch for him though.

I did notice the bold, but clearly thought he was joking, we are allowed to have a joke on here arent we?

Or do we need a certain no.of posts to be accepted, be taken seriously or to be considered a bluenose (and not to be called a taig) ?

Better get posting then eh

What plamf said (tu):craphead:

surely you dont actually mean that? You think hes a Tim? this is all because he joked about calling Goodwillie a rapist? Goodwillie isnt even a Rangers player (yet?) so why would anyone take such offence to this joke?

As Honz has said, check his previous posts to see that he is no tim

Erenenko and Goodwillie have to be on the shopping list. Squadies that are out of contract. Conway Gomez buaben off united. McGuire of Aberdeen. Zalukis of hearts. Cammy bell off killie. Alex Neil off Hamilton. Sutton off Motherwell. Surely this is how we should be boosting the squad size. I'm not saying all of them. I am saying steal some of the better ones.

To be honest, if most of our "reserves" were at another SPL club, they would probably be the most mentioned in this thread...

Players like Jordan McMillan, Andrew Shinnie, and I don't know exactly how good he is, but I used to hear nothing but good things about Stephen Stirling... that was until I saw he'd only made 6 appearances for Stirling on loan.