SPL Talent

honz_ftp

Conway is an absolute must... 3 assists (terrific crosses into the box) and a crackin goal against Killie at the weekend. Has always played fairly well against us, can cross with both feet and a bosman?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Third place is the aim next season then, is it?

how i wouldnt sign them all ffs but 2 or 3 from that list are easily better than the likes of edu and laff who consistantly get a game for us.

pernis and randolph would be gr8 no2 keepers if we were to lose shagger or alexander.

wallace is a gd lb, zaliukas would be a decent signing i think

apart from jelavic, goodwillie and murphy are better than anything we have.

we have 1 winger at the club and thats 19 yr old wylde so are you sayin conway/tennent ect wouldnt make us a better squad.

yes there are better players out there, but that all comes down to transfer prices and wage budget.

i would be more than happy adding a few spl players to our squad and make 2-3 good signings from europe with our 10mil budget

how i wouldnt sign them all ffs but 2 or 3 from that list are easily better than the likes of edu and laff who consistantly get a game for us.

pernis and randolph would be gr8 no2 keepers if we were to lose shagger or alexander.

we have 1 winger at the club and thats 19 yr old wylde so are you sayin conway/tennent ect wouldnt make us a better squad.

yes there are better players out there, but that all comes down to transfer prices and wage budget.

i would be more than happy adding a few spl players to our squad and make 2-3 good signings from europe with our 10mil budget

Who is Tennent?

we would be cheaper to buy from europe than the spl, spl clubs always up their prices when we want to sign a player

we would be cheaper to buy from europe than the spl, spl clubs always up their prices when we want to sign a player

yes we should be scout europe but i dont know how good our scouts are.

idealy i would sign eastern europeans and players from sweden/norway ect ect. i would also try and unearth some good players from the lower teams in the top lges in spain/france/germany/italy/portugal ect ect.

but considering we didnt have any scouts until a cpl of months ago i dnt know what our capabilities are like.

i fear ally is gonna be forced to by english championship players who are over valued and think they deserve far too much of a weekly wage.

if it was upto me i would stay clear of england all together unless it is getting a cpl of good loand deals i.e. bartley and weiss for another season.

PLAYERS I THINK ARE GOOD ENUFF OR HAVE THE POTENTIAL ARE-

pernis,tennant,zaliukas,bryson

i would also maybe take a chance on aluko,touil,swanson,gomis,kenneth

:anguish:

The only players currently playing in the SPL we should even be looking at are Goodwillie, Eremenko, Craig Conway, Kello - if a big bid comes in for Shagger and he looks like going - and perhaps that boy Jonsson who seems to be able to play anywhere on the park. The rest simply aren't good enough to wear a Rangers jersey.

Our bread & butter is & always will be the SPL and it takes a certain type of player to ply his trade in our league, Europe is a money making bonus

It's all fine and dandy going out & paying big bucks for 31 yr old italian centre forwards who have no resale value and who may struggle in a league such as ours, where there is no time on the ball & the defenders are hammer throwers

I think there is a good bit of talent in the SPL and in the lower leagues of England, players who could do more than "a turn" but would contrbute in a meaning way to the retention of our SPLchampionship (I beleive !!)

Guys such as Goodwillie & Conway from Dundee Utd & Erimenko from Killie even, would be strong buys for the club and properly scouted players from other locations to add to (I am not Muff .. so don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of players !!).

ust because a player has a name that is spelled funny doesn't mean that he is instantly better than what we have locally.

Also, please don't equate purchase price as a direct corellation to talent & skill ... I hold up Lafferty as an example, £3.75m for not a lot of either, look accross the city at guys like Kayal & Izaguirre, who cost little but will for for £££'s.

Lastly, remember opinions are like arseholes ... everybody has one. Just because one person thinks a specific player is a talent and you don't, doesn't mean you are right and they aren't ... the only real opinion that matters will be McCoist & his team.

There are bargains to be found out there, you just need to know where to look.

Looking slightly further afield, I wouldn't mind seeing us enquiring about the boy Tamas Priskin at Ipswich. Was well impressed with him in their game against Arsenal, and he's looked a talent any time I've seen him play in the Championship. Doesn't bag many goals, but he looked like more of a second striker to me than a finisher.

They had another boy, a midfielder who looked like a bit of a powerhouse, who impressed me against Arsenal aswell but I can't remember his name.

I wouldn't sign anyone from SPL ...I include Goodwillie in that.

I want to see some properly scouted players we could get abroad or lower league in england for same price that would enhance our side.

No more SPL 'he can do a job' players.

What a curious post.

Goodwillie is developing in to a proven goalscorer, would enhance our side and would eventually be sold for more than we paid for him.

The fact he plays in the SPL shouldn't matter, in fact it should be a bonus because he has shown that he can already handle the physical kick and rush nature of the game up here.

People make far too big a deal of this I'd rather we sent out scouts to obscure locations. We might find a gem for pennies

Looking slightly further afield, I wouldn't mind seeing us enquiring about the boy Tamas Priskin at Ipswich. Was well impressed with him in their game against Arsenal, and he's looked a talent any time I've seen him play in the Championship. Doesn't bag many goals, but he looked like more of a second striker to me than a finisher.

They had another boy, a midfielder who looked like a bit of a powerhouse, who impressed me against Arsenal aswell but I can't remember his name.

Prowling a good player. I was a big fan of him when he was at Watford. He's out of favour at Ipswich now too. They farmed him out to Swansea on loan.

Is the midfielder Leadbitter by any chance?

Prowling a good player. I was a big fan of him when he was at Watford. He's out of favour at Ipswich now too. They farmed him out to Swansea on loan.

it probs is leadbitter as he is on loan there i think, mite be a decent signing

Having had a look at their squad, it was either Leadbitter or Norris. He was white, quite short but stocky, and got up and down the park really well.

Having had a look at their squad, it was either Leadbitter or Norris. He was white, quite short but stocky, and got up and down the park really well.

Sounds like Norris mate ,good player and out of contract this summer,chips in with a few goals from midfield aswell something we sorely lack another player I like in championship is Darren Pratley also a bosman

Looking outside the usual names of Goodwillie, Conway, Wallace etc...

One player that has impressed the season and looks like he could step it up a level is Shaun Hutchison, also one name that has completely fell of the radar due to injury is Fraser Fyvie.

Looking outside the usual names of Goodwillie, Conway, Wallace etc...

One player that has impressed the season and looks like he could step it up a level is Shaun Hutchison, also one name that has completely fell of the radar due to injury is Fraser Fyvie.

Fyvie's only 17 though, isn't he? Will be interesting to see how he does after coming back from a bad injury.

What a curious post.

Goodwillie is developing in to a proven goalscorer, would enhance our side and would eventually be sold for more than we paid for him.

The fact he plays in the SPL shouldn't matter, in fact it should be a bonus because he has shown that he can already handle the physical kick and rush nature of the game up here.

People make far too big a deal of this I'd rather we sent out scouts to obscure locations. We might find a gem for pennies

Could you see Goodwillie performing against European teams?

Against the Old firm I have seen him have as many anonymous games as I have good ones?

Would you see an EPL team in for him?

I couldn't...... Nothing really 'curious' about that.