Kirk Broadfoot punched me in the face!

Jamie1807

By Billy Paterson

RANGERS star Kirk Broadfoot was accused in court yesterday of punching a businessman in the face.

And a sheriff heard the Scotland defender was then attacked himself - by his alleged victim's girlfriend.

The businessman, Andrew Nicol, 31, said that Broadfoot was part of a group of "five and 10" men who laid siege to his girlfriend's flat at 3am.

And he claimed the player attacked him after he went outside to talk to the group.

Andrew said: "Kirk Broadfoot swung and hit me on the face - the right side."

He said Broadfoot called him "a fat wee b******" and he was pushed and threatened by the group.

He told Ayr Sheriff Court: "They said, 'Your car's getting it, your flat's getting it, your girlfriend's getting it and you're getting it.'"

Andrew said the men started banging on the window of his girlfriend Mhairi Hepburn's flat in Ayr in the early hours of May 30 last year.

The court heard Andrew knew one of the men, who wrongly believed a group of girls were in the flat.

Andrew said he went out to tell the group to stop banging on the window, then went back inside.

He added: "Two or three minutes later there was more banging on the window and foolishly I went back out."

Andrew said Mhairi and one of her friends also came out of the flat.

Mhairi, a 35-year-old shop manageress, said: "Kirk Broadfoot was pointing in Andrew's face and saying we had absolutely no business telling him what to do."

She admitted she slapped Broadfoot in the face. She said: "I could see it escalating out of control and I was trying to defuse the situation.

"I just slapped him. He wasn't very happy."

Paul McBride QC, defending, said there were discrepancies between Andrew's statement to police and his evidence in court.

He said the statement did not mention "explicit" threats to Andrew, Mhairi, his flat or his car.

There was also no mention of Andrew being pushed, and Andrew had told police he only went out once.

Mr McBride added Mhairi had "whacked" Broadfoot on the nose "to the extent that there was blood because she smashed his nose in".

Andrew denied that, but admitted Mhairi had been charged with assault and given a police warning.

Broadfoot, 26, of Ballochmyle, Ayrshire, denies assault and breach of the peace.

The trial continues.

I would have punched the ugly looking bead rhattler as well, Kirk son.

I've just realised this quote from the guy's girlfriend

"I could see it escalating out of control and I was trying to defuse the situation.

"I just slapped him. He wasn't very happy.

Not really how you defuse a situation, love.

She admitted she slapped Broadfoot in the face. She said: "I could see it escalating out of control and I was trying to defuse the situation.

"I just slapped him. He wasn't very happy."

OHHHHHHHHH REALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? :craphead:

McBride defending a gers player!?

He's the best lawyer in Scotland.

He won't care who you support or who you play for.

Fuck if I ever got in the deep shit and had the money, I'd hire him :lol: