Murray, did he cost us 10 IAR

spangles

Did Murray cost us 10 IAR.

‘This is my decision to go. It wasn’t my decision alone to leave in 1998: Sir David always sacks you quite nicely!’

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/this-is-my-decision-to-go-it-wasn-t-my-decision-alone-to-leave-in-1998-sir-david-always-sacks-you-quite-nicely-1.1100449

Guest Andypendek

No, that team was done. If anything it was Walter being too loyal to them that cost us that title, but you won't hear me complaining about getting 9IAR.

I think some people will disagree with me, but I think Walter clarifying this is significant. Walter plays the Press rather well, this won't be some slip of the tongue or by way of remark comment Yes, same will say will always knew Walter was sacked, but was it ever on record?

There may have been an element of both Murray and Walter deciding it was time to call it a day, after all wasn't there a fair bit of fan pressure after yet another early exit from Europe?

But I highly doubt it was a cut and dry sacking like 'you're clearing your desk at the end of the season' and it seems Walter was pretty happy to try his luck in England after so long with us.

I think Walter being to loyal to players and the one he did bring in Lorenzo Amoruso was injured for the majority of the season (I think he made his comeback in the last old firm game of the season at parkhead and was immense because he didnt have time on the ball) and the enigma Marco Negri only turning up for half a season.

the telling thing about that season was it was the 1st when the bosman ruling came into full effect and Walter goes ot and splashes 12+ million on 3 players (this was before Flo)

And the saying I most represent as being Murrays worst was when he said I dont care if a team offers us £25 million for laudrup he isnt for sale. Then laudrup fucking rips the arse out of the sicknote.

Think Murray was looking for a whole new approach due to our poor performances in Europe 92/93 aside,hence the reason Dick Advocaat was appointed also the team was on their last legs and needed completely rebuilt so the timing made sense imo

I always thought it was more down to Smith being too loyal to the players that were past their prime, that's just talking to others as I'm a bit young to remember.

Was this not also the same season that Negri got his mysterious eye injury when he was scoring for fun ?