Would we sell jelavic for 13 million?

No chance we'd sell Jelavic for £6 million

Correct, of course we wouldnt, just goes to show how much some fans have been brainwashed into thinking we will accept any old shite for our players. Who can blame them i guess given what derisory offers we have accepted for good players in the past, i just get the feeling we have learned from those mistakes and given our new found financial stability, there is no chance £6m would entice us to sell our best player, absolutely no chance.

(tu)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what was the quote you read and where is thr link?

In todays Sun, few pages in from back. Wee snippet with quotes from Jelavic.

Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic claims Manchester United want to buy him.

The 25-year-old made it clear, however, that his only focus was on ensuring Rangers wrapped up the championship with victory at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

"I know that United are interested," the £4million signing from Rapid Vienna told media in his homeland. "My agent has established contact but that’s all that I know right now.

"My agent has mentioned a figure of 15 million euros and I came to Rangers for five million euros, so it would be a big gain for the club.

"However, I would only think of a transfer in the summer. I’m fine here and enjoying every moment. The Rangers fans give me goosebumps. They really love me now.

"I am looking forward to the Kilmarnock game on Sunday. If we win that match, it will be the first title that I have won where I have been one of the key figures. I would call it my first real title."

I will be gutted if he moves. Could be Goodwillie and Lafferty for next season.

I wouldent sell him for 13 million obviously fergie sees the big man has talent and i have no doubt he could shine at united but as 1 of the guys said hes not going to get any worse and we are going to be dealing with europe.1 more season from the big man then sell his value isint going to go down any!!

We were offered 4 mil for thomas buffel, rejected, and sold him later for about 500k. We were offered 5mil at one point for kris boyd, ended up going for nothing. Those saying his valuation will go up in a year have no proof of this at all.

We have got a tiny squad. The 5mil Whyte is investing isn't a lot considering the amount of players we need to buy. 18mil on the other hand? Take it, use £4mil of it to buy another top drawer striker and reinvest the rest in quality players from outside the UK. We will have a squad capable of making the last 16 again in the CL and making it 4 in a row next year and despite only playing for about 6-7 months football, Nikica Jelavic will have brought sucess to our club for the next few years.

completely agree with you on that ... just look at the scum sell that twat mcgeady and they got hooper and as musch as i hate to admit it he is growing into a class act so again we could have the squad that jelvic built and get into the last 16 which again brings its own rewards such as extra money ( for more investment) increase in fifa rankings and the ability to attract high class of player

We were offered 4 mil for thomas buffel, rejected, and sold him later for about 500k. We were offered 5mil at one point for kris boyd, ended up going for nothing. Those saying his valuation will go up in a year have no proof of this at all.

We have got a tiny squad. The 5mil Whyte is investing isn't a lot considering the amount of players we need to buy. 18mil on the other hand? Take it, use £4mil of it to buy another top drawer striker and reinvest the rest in quality players from outside the UK. We will have a squad capable of making the last 16 again in the CL and making it 4 in a row next year and despite only playing for about 6-7 months football, Nikica Jelavic will have brought sucess to our club for the next few years.

completely agree with you on that ... just look at the scum sell that twat mcgeady and they got hooper and as musch as i hate to admit it he is growing into a class act so again we could have the squad that jelvic built and get into the last 16 which again brings its own rewards such as extra money ( for more investment) increase in fifa rankings and the ability to attract high class of player

Are you being serious? £23million spent, no matter what it is spent on, still results in us spending the same £10million plus the extra money we'd be bringing in from a sale. That still only costs the club £10million. That is the exact same. The point here is not what the money is spent on. I agree that we should be spending money on other things; I've said that. You literally just accused me of advocating financial mismanagement by spending the extra money, despite the fact it would result in the club being in the exact same financial position as we'd be in with spending £10million.

Only difference is we'd have an improved squad/improved stadium/whatever we spend the money on.

I also really had to laugh at you agreeing with the post suggesting we'd spend the money on worse players. You think we'd spend £10million on quality and are happy with that...but think we'd only spend the £13million on sub-standard players? You do realise how ridiculous that is, don't you?

It's quite clear now that you simply do not have a clue.

Spending £10 million restoring fixed assets is not simply spending £10 million. It will increase the value of said assets which will retain its value into the future. It's not so much spending £10 million, but investing it.

Spending £10 million on players is NOT the same. Player's values fluctuate and are highly subjective, they do NOT retain their values 10 years into the future.

I was merely agreeing that it is not certain that the players we bring in will match Jelavic's quality. What is certain is that we DO have Jelavic, and he IS a top player. Why risk selling him when you can't guarantee his replacements will be better. Especially when you don't need to.

Why don't we just spend the £10 million we already have buying players to play WITH him. At least we will still have the guarantee of having a quality player.

Anyway, I've said everything that I want to say now and I think I will leave it here as you don't seem to understand certain aspects of my argument.

Most of your points I have no issue with, except that you would spend £23 million on players should we sell Jelavic. That is irresponsible and behaviour which has bit us in the arse in the past, I thought you would have realised this is no longer the way to go.

Thanks for the debate :sherlock:

It would be dissapoiting to lose him, but if that sort of offer was forthcoming it wold be difficult, and probably foolish, to turn it down.

It's hard to accept it, but we are basically a feeder club to England now and we really just have to enjoy these quality players while we have them and regroup and keep focus on finding other talents to replace them when we do lose them.

If he leaves after a year then Jelavic will still have done his job overall:

scored the winner in a cup final, scored the goals that could win us the league, brought in a m,assive proit when sold.

That's basically all you can ask/hope for when you sign any player.

If Jelavic does leave then going back to Rapid Vienna for Hamdi Salihi wouldn't be a bad move would it? :sherlock:

It would be dissapoiting to lose him, but if that sort of offer was forthcoming it wold be difficult, and probably foolish, to turn it down.

It's hard to accept it, but we are basically a feeder club to England now and we really just have to enjoy these quality players while we have them and regroup and keep focus on finding other talents to replace them when we do lose them.

scored the winner in a cup final, scored the goals that could win us the league, brought in a m,assive proit when sold.

If Jelavic does leave then going back to Rapid Vienna for Hamdi Salihi wouldn't be a bad move would it? :sherlock:

Correct, well said. I have no problems with players using us for this purpose as long as the club benefits.

I have no idea what you are on about.

I know you don't.

I've stated specifically that I'd like to have £13million to spend on players/stadium/whatever.

What you don't seem to understand is the difference between spending money on players and on the stadium.

Seems awfully like your trying to criticise me for the exact things you are doing.

I would like to spend the £10 million we already have budgeted on players.

If we do sell Jelavic for £13 million or a similar sum, I would like to do it in one or two seasons time and then invest said money on Murray Park and Ibrox.

We will not need to spend this money on players as Craig Whyte is to invest £25 million in the playing squad over 5 years.

That is my opinion and that is all.

Correct, well said. I have no problems with players using us for this purpose as long as the club benefits.

We are also in a better position now because the bank aren't going to be circling like vultures.

The ability to find/bring on a GVB, Hutton, Boumsong, Cuellar & probably Jelavic every eighteen-twenty four months is going to be a key factor when it comes to generating funds over the next few years.

In todays Sun, few pages in from back. Wee snippet with quotes from Jelavic.

Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic claims Manchester United want to buy him.

The 25-year-old made it clear, however, that his only focus was on ensuring Rangers wrapped up the championship with victory at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

"I know that United are interested," the £4million signing from Rapid Vienna told media in his homeland. "My agent has established contact but that’s all that I know right now.

"My agent has mentioned a figure of 15 million euros and I came to Rangers for five million euros, so it would be a big gain for the club.

"However, I would only think of a transfer in the summer. I’m fine here and enjoying every moment. The Rangers fans give me goosebumps. They really love me now.

"I am looking forward to the Kilmarnock game on Sunday. If we win that match, it will be the first title that I have won where I have been one of the key figures. I would call it my first real title."

I will be gutted if he moves. Could be Goodwillie and Lafferty for next season.

i think if we did sell him ( and although i made this topic just to see the responce from fans like me ,) then we could really propell us onto greater things mate a strong centre back if not two depending on weir and boggie's choices. goodwillie and 2 new midfielders and a left back as well

For what it's worth, I don't believe for a second Man Utd will offer £13million for him.

Neither do I.

However if this was true, £13 Million would allow us to go buy 3 or 4 quality additions... maybe even 3 or 4 more "Jelavics"

i think if we did sell him ( and although i made this topic just to see the responce from fans like me ,) then we could really propell us onto greater things mate a strong centre back if not two depending on weir and boggie's choices. goodwillie and 2 new midfielders and a left back as well

We could do all this without selling Jelavic.

We already have £10 million (allegedly) to spend in the summer.

Exactly. There is absolutely no way we would/should or could turn down £13m for any of our players when you consider that amount of money would fund transfers for 6-7 players that are at our standard.

The question is of course hypothetical. Personally, I struggle to believe Man Utd would come after a player like Jelavic and if they did I think they would be sensible enough to start with a much lower offer.

Jelavic is a great player but you can't underestimate how difficult it is to succeed at a very top European club. When you're talking about teams Like Man Utd, Milan, Barca.....there have been plenty of brilliant players who have to an extent flopped at this level over the years.

I know you don't.

What you don't seem to understand is the difference between spending money on players and on the stadium.

I would like to spend the £10 million we already have budgeted on players.

If we do sell Jelavic for £13 million or a similar sum, I would like to do it in one or two seasons time and then invest said money on Murray Park and Ibrox.

We will not need to spend this money on players as Craig Whyte is to invest £25 million in the playing squad over 5 years.

That is my opinion and that is all.

We dont need to sell players to invest in Murray Park and Ibrox, Mr whyte has already told us there will be investment in the stadium. (If that is what you mean by the bold bit). Ibrox will undergo maintenance needed during the summer i believe.

Neither do I.

The cynic in me thinks it's a player/agent ploy just to get more attention on him from other English clubs.

That's exactly what i think it is

Make English clubs take notice by claiming Man Utd want him for a massive fee

As if a team would make a £13 million starting offer for a player in the SPL

We are also in a better position now because the bank aren't going to be circling like vultures.

The ability to find/bring on a GVB, Hutton, Boumsong, Cuellar & probably Jelavic every eighteen-twenty four months is going to be a key factor when it comes to generating funds over the next few years.

Spot on DBBTB. I just wish we could do it a bit more often and turn that 18/24 months into maybe 12 month cycles. If our club is run properly and our team is successful we can be a very prosperous business, im hoping Mr Whyte can see this and has this in his thoughts. Its the way every top club outwith the top 5 leagues in Europe should be working imo.

That's exactly what i think it is

Make English clubs take notice by claiming Man Utd want him for a massive fee

As if a team would make a £13 million starting offer for a player in the SPL

I think this forum might actually will melt down if we end up selling him to a Stoke for about 6 million :lol: