Porto

Great season for FC Porto this year... Undefeated in the Primiera Liga by winning 27 of their 30 games and drawing 3. Scoring 73 & conceding 16. They are in the final of the UEFA Europa League Final against Braga who i reckon they will destroy. Also in the final of the Portugese FA Cup which is called Taça de Portugal. So a pretty decent season i thought should be talked about. whats your thoughts on their season? Any team who goes undefeated in any league should be highly praised as it rarley happens!

Can see them losing alot of their players tbh.I think Porto accept that they are a stepping stone for alot of players,the ease which south American players can obtain work permits is a big factor,they must have a terrific scouting network as they seem to pick up players for peanuts then sell for massive profits,even when they lose players they just unearth more.think they bought Hulk for about 500k.we could learn alot from their business model.although getting work permits here may obviously be a problem.

Can see them losing alot of their players tbh.I think Porto accept that they are a stepping stone for alot of players,the ease which south American players can obtain work permits is a big factor,they must have a terrific scouting network as they seem to pick up players for peanuts then sell for massive profits,even when they lose players they just unearth more.think they bought Hulk for about 500k.we could learn alot from their business model.although getting work permits here may obviously be a problem.

I wish we cold become the business they have.

5 Million euros and a further 13.5 million euros to some south american team today.

5 Million euros and a further 13.5 million euros to some south american team today.

You sure,I thought I read somewhere he was signed very cheaply,why would they still be paying money out for him he's been there a while now?You sure you're not talking about Falcao

Their model involves selling a big name every year, and then using almost all that money to buy in new players. They spent over €28m last summer! The constant shedding of skin must make it difficult to gel a team, but Villas Boas has excelled.

Surely only a matter of time before they lose their manager aswell,sadly smaller clubs don't seem to get the chance to build their sides to challenge the big boys.

You sure,I thought I read somewhere he was signed very cheaply,why would they still be paying money out for him he's been there a while now?You sure you're not talking about Falcao

Nah some south american team owned 40% of his playing rights, porto have 85% now, if what I read was correct.

They have Juan Manuel Iturbe coming in next year aswell.

I can't wait to see how this little guy lives up to the hype, and being described as being "as exciting as messi" is some hype :P