Don't know what you lot are on about regarding Edu

Even though his rating is too high, at least they seem to have paid some attention to his performances. Many outlets have just looked at the fact that Rangers won the league and concluded that he was a key player.

Edu was nowhere near the worst player in the squad. He deserved plenty of the critical comments that came his way, but others escaped despite their own sub-standard performances.

I'm one of Edu's biggest backers, but who would you say had a worse season than him and started more than, say, 5 matches? I couldn't name anyone

Edu was nowhere near the worst player in the squad. He deserved plenty of the critical comments that came his way, but others escaped despite their own sub-standard performances.

am struggling to name one that played the similar amount of games to edu

bet its lafferty :rolleyes:

I'm one of Edu's biggest backers, but who would you say had a worse season than him and started more than, say, 5 matches? I couldn't name anyone

Davis for one. Inconsistency has dogged him throughout his career and after a worthy player of the year season, he was largely anonymous prior to a dazzling display in the LCF, form which he carried through to the season's end. Weir too was suspect before he lifted his game for the run in and Lafferty did his usual end of season spurt. All we hear is praise for them despite a similar pattern to their seasons, hell Edu had a good CL campaign which was mostly ignored by the majority.

I'm one of the more critical posters of the team on here, but I do at least attempt to steer clear of double standards on show where Edu is concerned.

That last sentence wasn't aimed at you, Irwin. :)