Will We Be Patient ?

Ace

Murray backed Ferguson over PLG. Fact. :sherlock:

Not sure that is strictly true but closer to the mark than Mr Sparkes. He initially backed PLG's decision, then wasn't convinced about PLG's re-building plans and decided he had to go. Seem to remember he gave Ferguson quite a kicking about it all, too.

To the OP: I would hope Ally gets at least a bedding-in season, provided that the worst-case scenario is 2nd place but within reach of the enemy and signs of development. If we end up 10 points behind or somesuch, then I think a change would need to be made.

I just hope he never has to suffer the kind of abuse Eck did on here if it all goes tits-up. Some of that was disgraceful.

There is no such thing as patience in modern day football and even more so at Rangers.

Sorry to say it but when you look at the PLG debacle some fans were wanting him out after 4 or 5 games.

Same with young players who don't immediately come in and turn out to be world class.

McCoist deserves a season at least to show what he has learned and that he can cope with the pressures of being the Rangers manager. Winning the League is going to be a tall order this year regardless of whether it was Smith or McCoist in charge. And winning the last 3 in my opinion has created a rod for McCoist's own back in that if he does come up short the clamour for him to be sacked will reach fever pitch.

The very nature of our insular two horse league dictates that managers get very little time to get things right.

He has to win the league but if he doesn't and it's by a point or 2 then we should stand by him but if it's over by February then no.

He is getting money and has inherited a very good side so he should not fail.