If we sign Hemed

KingKirk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beattie sorely needs to start hitting the gym trying to turn some of the excess baggage he's carrying into muscle, if he did that and could finish him & any of the strikers Rangers have would be amazing. Think he needs pre-season aswell though, don't think playing against Chelsea will help with that though :lol:

I hope Beattie does get another chance

Don't like players we have signed going down as expensive flops, never was fit to make an impact ( although didn't do to great at Blackpool either)

(tu) I really wanted the big man to make it here, i dont think he got a fair crack of the whip, he was clearly unfit when we played him.

Lafferty has scored 28 goals in 84 games, if that was anyone else people would be saying thats not good enough.

Given than probably over half of those games have been played out wide I'd say 1 in 3 is a reasonable return, and he's getting noticeably better.

Given than probably over half of those games have been played out wide I'd say 1 in 3 is a reasonable return, and he's getting noticeably better.

He gets noticeably better at the end of every season, only to return to mediocrity after the close season. Now would be a good chance to try to recoup a fraction of what he's cost.

I know that mate, but do you think he will bother coming now, if todays developments are true?

TBH if The stories are true I want him no-were near us next year. I want players that play for the club not just for money.

One thing to keep in mind tho is that his agent has held more talks with us today. IMO were in the box seat

How many times have we heard this? does playing out of position affect him dribbling past players? does it affect him trying win headers?

I don't think Beatts will stay, Healy's lookin doubtful and Ally will wait to see what happens with the lawsuit against Goodie before making a move, give it a month I think.

How many times have we heard this? does playing out of position affect him dribbling past players? does it affect him trying win headers?

No but it would probably stop him scoring as many goals, since your stats were goals to games played

Naismith has 24 goals in 126 games, he had about 12 goals in about 80-90 games before this season, he doesn't get the hard time Lafferty seems to get by a lot of people

Lafferty has had a couple of games upfront then dropped then a game on the left wing then dropped then back to left wing dropped back upfront then dropped, how can a player be consistent when he is changing position and dropped every few games?

Erm, it's a valid point. You mentioned his goal-scoring rate. I offered a rebuttal. How many wingers have you encountered that score more than one in three? Can't say I've seen many. And he isn't a winger.

Haven't seen him noticeably deficient at winning headers recently either.

You're seriously arguing that a left winger should score as many goals as a striker?

Whats the big deal with Hemeds agent coming over for talks with Ally and Whyte then the player flying over tomorrow?

The insinuation from the papers is that he doesnt seem to care about coming over and now wants double the money (to be on par with the spanish interest) according to what the papers have heard. People are being led to believe he is not going to bother coming over.

Who knows what is right or wrong, guess we'll just have to wait maybe around 48hrs! ;)

The insinuation from the papers is that he doesnt seem to care about coming over and now wants double the money (to be on par with the spanish interest) according to what the papers have heard. People are being led to believe he is not going to bother coming over.

Who knows what is right or wrong, guess we'll just have to wait maybe around 48hrs! ;)

The most important question is when does the 48 hours begin :pipe:

The sun today sounded like he would be signing soon. Said he was due in Glasgow within 48 hours.. Just kidding 24 hours :craphead: .. and had quotes from Super Ally sounding confident of signing him. Haven't seen the articles about wanting more money must have passed me by.

I think rangers are going about the Goodwillie situation brilliantly, there not rushing in to it the longer it goes without him being sold a 1 million bid at the end of the transfer window and he's ours, no point spending 1.5-2 million just now when its possible to drastically cut his asking price. I don't think signing Hemed will effect the arrival of Goodwillie whatsoever. Hemed is a cheap option that could be a real hit and if he's not then there wont be too many questions asked. Where as we have seen what Goodwillie can do in the league so it's a completely different situation in my opinion.

I think rangers are going about the Goodwillie situation brilliantly, there not rushing in to it the longer it goes without him being sold a 1 million bid at the end of the transfer window and he's ours, no point spending 1.5-2 million just now when its possible to drastically cut his asking price. I don't think signing Hemed will effect the arrival of Goodwillie whatsoever. Hemed is a cheap option that could be a real hit and if he's not then there wont be too many questions asked. Where as we have seen what Goodwillie can do in the league so it's a completely different situation in my opinion.

Any slower, and we will be lucky if there here for the start of pre season.

If Hemed signs then I'd hope we spend the money on areas of the team other than up front! We should sign a ridiculous number of players just because we have some money. Let's spend wisely.

Well you are the one who is doing the negotiations are you not Kev ? :craphead: