Transfer Fees

AGM_72

Pre-takeover I saw many posts on here complaining about how we conducted our transfer buisness.

Our negotiating skills, or lack of, seemed to consist of shooting ourselves in the foot. Letting saleable assets leave on free transfers, paying up their contracts and so on.

Now we're seeing Rangers play hardball with transfers, bidding low and trying to negotiate a price as suitable as possible for us to allow our budget to go as far as possible.

We're no longer allowing our players to go for pathetic fees either. Whittaker should really fetch at least 2m, the 3-4 offers by Bursa are pathetic, but I don't doubt in previous years they would have been accepted.

Stay calm, we're no longer going to be held to ransom for players. I expect we'll have made our 6 signings by the end of the transfer window.

I agree with all of above! We ARE playing hardball.. Conway probably wanted an obscene amount of money.. as a result, we didnt even bother offering a contract! Right call in my opinion!

Was Conway not reported to be offered about 15k p/w, if so then there is no way that we would have paid that, and there would have been outrage on here that we were making a player who was a back-up at best better paid than Jelavic

Was Conway not reported to be offered about 15k p/w, if so then there is no way that we would have paid that, and there would have been outrage on here that we were making a player who was a back-up at best better paid than Jelavic

He signed for Cardiff for a reported 15k. That means he would have came to the negotiations demanding the same as he knew Cardiff were willing to pay that. If 15k is accurate, I dont know, but it will have been a lot more than we were willing to offer.

He signed for Cardiff for a reported 15k. That means he would have came to the negotiations demanding the same as he knew Cardiff were willing to pay that. If 15k is accurate, I dont know, but it will have been a lot more than we were willing to offer.

Exactly, I for one thought that Conway would have provided decent competition in our sqaud, but I would have been sick if we had offered him 15k.

Exactly, I for one thought that Conway would have provided decent competition in our sqaud, but I would have been sick if we had offered him 15k.

Exactly. He would have provided competition, but was asking way too much. We moved on. Correct thing to do!

Pre-takeover I saw many posts on here complaining about how we conducted our transfer buisness.

Our negotiating skills, or lack of, seemed to consist of shooting ourselves in the foot. Letting saleable assets leave on free transfers, paying up their contracts and so on.

Now we're seeing Rangers play hardball with transfers, bidding low and trying to negotiate a price as suitable as possible for us to allow our budget to go as far as possible.

We're no longer allowing our players to go for pathetic fees either. Whittaker should really fetch at least 2m, the 3-4 offers by Bursa are pathetic, but I don't doubt in previous years they would have been accepted.

Stay calm, we're no longer going to be held to ransom for players. I expect we'll have made our 6 signings by the end of the transfer window.

And if the clubs of the players we want to sign are of the same mind then we are fucked then no?

Transfer targets :

Goodwillie - 12 months on contract - club want -£2m

Wallace - 12 months on contract - club want- £1m

Cuellar- 12 months on contract - club want £3m

So thats £6m on transfer fees alone for players we can get for nowt by agreeing deals in January or for a nominal fee to get them in Januray .

yet all the fans are just desperate for any signing regardless if its a good deal for the club

And if the clubs of the players we want to sign are of the same mind then we are fucked then no?

That won't be the case. They will have their own targets and their own needs.

Dundee United would be far better off taking 1.25/1.5m and improving their own team than keeping Goodwillie and having an unhappy player with his value decreasing as his contract is running down.

Transfer targets :

Goodwillie - 12 months on contract - club want -£2m

Wallace - 12 months on contract - club want- £1m

Cuellar- 12 months on contract - club want £3m

So thats £6m on transfer fees alone for players we can get for nowt by agreeing deals in January or for a nominal fee to get them in Januray .

yet all the fans are just desperate for any signing regardless if its a good deal for the club

Goodwillie has 24months on his contract, does he not? In anycase, I completely agree with what you're saying.

Goodwillie has 24months on his contract, does he not? In anycase, I completely agree with what you're saying.

Was just going by the Arab in my office , who states he signed a 1 year deal when he had 6 months left so ... but i thought he signed a 2 year extension myself <cr>

Was just going by the Arab in my office , who states he signed a 1 year deal when he had 6 months left so ... but i thought he signed a 2 year extension myself <cr>

He would have had 12 months left to run this summer but he signed a 1 year contract extension in January.