Jelavic Wants The Treble And A Euro Run

Broxi1872

NIKICA JELAVIC wants the Treble and a Euro run to eclipse his title-winning debut season at Rangers.

The 19-goal Croatian striker returns for pre-season training at Murray Park tomorrow.

He scored the winner in the Old Firm League Cup Final and also earned a championship medal last term.

The 25-year-old has targeted a domestic clean sweep and progress to the group phase of the Champions League.

Jelavic said: "Next season at Rangers, I want to at least repeat the success I had last season.

"Rangers always have the same ambition. We have a good team that can win the Scottish title again and the two other trophies, too.

"I am sure Rangers will be even better next season. We lost some players but we have a new owner and a budget for reinforcements.

"I believe that we will bring in three or four players who will make us stronger.

"In the Champions League, we have a qualifier to get through. We can't play a team in Spain or England so I am hopeful we can get through that, get to the group stages and make a big impact.

"Last season, due to the transfer regulations, I couldn't play in the Champions League.

"I am looking forward to my debut in that competition."

Jelavic suffered injury problems last term and new gaffer Ally McCoist granted him extra rest in the summer.

He'll rejoin his title-winning team-mates today and he added: "I'm ready for the new season. I have been given an extra three days off but I've actually been training in Croatia for the past ten days.

"The club didn't suggest it. I did it voluntarily, I want to go into the new season in the best possible state.

"I scored 16 goals in the league, three more in the Cup, won two trophies and scored the goal of the season.

"I always feel I can do better, although I admit I was satisfied with the way the season went. I was accepted by the club and the fans."

Jelavic has been linked with a switch to Manchester United and other Premier League clubs have watched him.

He insists he'll stay for at least one more season as Gers chase Four in a Row.

He said: "My aim is to stay at least one more year at Rangers. I am very happy in Glasgow.

"Last season when I arrived, I knew I'd need time to adjust because I was coming from a different football world.

"Scottish football is very different to the leagues I have played in but I scored from the start and that gave me enormous confidence.

"I got fit after the injury and was happy with my form.

"It' s natural I'll eventually want to try a stronger and better quality league.

"I don't need to rush into anything because I am only 25. I have plenty of time."

The Sun

See that's what is really annoying me.

We have a very strong spine with McGregor, Bougherra, Davis, Naismith, Jelavic and if we were to spend some money and bring in players of good quality who will fit into the side as well as help out the squad then we would be in an excellent position going for 4 in a row.