SDM - WHEN DO YOU THINK HE WILL LEAVE

nvager

Its not a question of him just picking a date and packing his bags.

He has to wait for the right buyer for the club.

Exactly. I'm sure he'd leave tomorrow if the right buyer came along.

He is a thorn in the side of RFC and us..... only interested in himself not us or the club and nobody will convince me otherwise

The A CARPENTER'S TOOL INDEEDs love him of course (beer)

I posted this in another thread and thought it would be best to post it here!

What I hate is the way that all these so called fans have become so blinded by their hate for SDM that they would rather see him prostatute the club off to any Tom Dick or Harry than wait for him to find the right owner who has the clubs interests at heart and matches the passion of our fans. You all talk about how RFC will be here long after SDM, yes that is true, but if he does't find the right buyer who can set releastic achievable goals then we might end up like Leeds, Nottingham Forset, West Ham or possibly even the same state we were in a few years back before SDM stepped again and that could easily result in RFC not being about any more as our achievements wont match our spending.

I have said it once and I will say it again: I am prepared to put up with a few years of the safe if not spectacular SDM aslong as it ensures that when he does sell up it is to the right people, for the right reasons.

Its not a question of him just picking a date and packing his bags.

He has to wait for the right buyer for the club.

Exactly. I'm sure he'd leave tomorrow if the right buyer came along.

Definitely and I'd rather he held off until the correct person arrived - fair enough hes not shelling out mega bucks anymore but he is a safe pair of hands.

And I'll bet anything that this new owner that so many crave will not come in and spend the £10+mil a season they want either.

Exactly, it's very naive of fans to assume that the grass will be greener.

A Scottish team won't make the CL final in my lifetime...and I'm only 21. Im prepared to admit this.

However, at the end of the day domestic competition is our bread and butter, a team shouldn't need £10+mil PER SEASON to win in Scotland anyway!

And I'll bet anything that this new owner that so many crave will not come in and spend the £10+mil a season they want either.

(tu) Spot on, possibly in the 1st season we'll get a bit of an outlay to win over the fans but long term I think the current spending levels will be the norm sadly.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting any chairman (new or exisiting) to spend £20million every season.

In the SPL such spending would be suicidal and unsustainable even if we were winning the CL every year. However, on the other hand, one can maxmise the investment they do make by operating the club in a more efficient way.

1. Appoint a chief executive who is qualified for the job - Martin Bain isn't.

2. Have a scouting system worthy of the name to minimise risk - we don't.

Moreover, even outwith the on-the-field performance many fans with with SDM, there are many other off-the-field issues that require much better management. PR, youth system, supporters' representation, security and stadium maintenance are just 5 issues that could be improved.

Add to that the fact SDM does NOT want to be here, then there is nothing wrong with some fans wanting a new chairman/owner asap. One with the ambition, direction, hunger, pride and commitment that SDM isn't scoring very well on nowadays. Yes, care must be taken and it may well be a case of better the devil you know but the status quo isn't sustainable either.

Time for a change. We're going nowhere and need an owneer that shares the ambitions of the fans.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting any chairman (new or exisiting) to spend £20million every season.

In the SPL such spending would be suicidal and unsustainable even if we were winning the CL every year. However, on the other hand, one can maxmise the investment they do make by operating the club in a more efficient way.

1. Appoint a chief executive who is qualified for the job - Martin Bain isn't.

2. Have a scouting system worthy of the name to minimise risk - we don't.

Moreover, even outwith the on-the-field performance many fans with with SDM, there are many other off-the-field issues that require much better management. PR, youth system, supporters' representation, security and stadium maintenance are just 5 issues that could be improved.

Add to that the fact SDM does NOT want to be here, then there is nothing wrong with some fans wanting a new chairman/owner asap. One with the ambition, direction, hunger, pride and commitment that SDM isn't scoring very well on nowadays. Yes, care must be taken and it may well be a case of better the devil you know but the status quo isn't sustainable either.

Time for a change. We're going nowhere and need an owneer that shares the ambitions of the fans.

I hear you Frankie, BUT how is this conveyed to RFC and SDM at meetings with the RST? I would be interested to know.

I hear you Frankie, BUT how is this conveyed to RFC and SDM at meetings with the RST? I would be interested to know.

It is conveyed in several different ways always with facts to try and back up our ideas and suggestions.

The problem is when one man owns 91.8% of the club he doesn't need to do very much about anybody's concerns if he doesn't want to. We've had some success in the past with the dialogue and we'll continue to press SDM on the issues our members ask to.

If you have a different method of approach, then feel free to get in touch and suggest it. We always welcome different strategies.